baby dropping - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-22-2010, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
About when does the baby start dropping into position? I'm ready to breath again! Lol.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#2 of 7 Old 08-22-2010, 01:19 PM

generally, first time moms experience baby dropping weeks in advance due to their abdominal muscles still being toned and taught (less broken in, lol). subsequent pregnancies oftentimes don't "drop" until labor. that's definitely been the case for me.
#3 of 7 Old 08-22-2010, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

lotusma- I can totally relate to your signature! "really? another one?" That is exactly how I feel during this pregnancy.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#4 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 12:13 AM

I was just thinking the same thing.

I've also heard that after the first baby you don't really drop until you're ready for labor.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#5 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've never felt any of mine drop!
#6 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 AM

Actully in most cases its the opposite ....more babes the sooner you drop...in most cases. But really its up to the baby and your own bod as to when this all starts happen. Dont wish for it to early , trust me....breathing would be great, but not been able to walk without feeling as if your babe might just slip out sucks and so does the hip pain..lol

Unschooling Crunchy Mama of 5 babies. Welcome Emily-Rose born September 7th 2010!
#7 of 7 Old 08-23-2010, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Ma_4 View Post
Actully in most cases its the opposite ....more babes the sooner you drop...in most cases. But really its up to the baby and your own bod as to when this all starts happen. Dont wish for it to early , trust me....breathing would be great, but not been able to walk without feeling as if your babe might just slip out sucks and so does the hip pain..lol
This is the case for me. I drop. I would rather have hip and vagina pain than have the panic attacks from not being able to get a breath. I'm actually hoping that my dr will induce me before due date if I don't deliver on my own by then. Unless baby drops, then I can handle going to due date. It will hurt, but I will do it. I just can't handle the not being able to breath therefor always on a verge on panic attack. Those scare me while being this big. I have an appointment on the 30th. I'm going to discuss it with my dr and see what she says.

m/c '97 and in '03

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page