Mothering Forum banner

any tips on putting on a wrap?

544 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  westcoastlady 
#1 ·
Ok, so I got this beautiful moby style wrap in the mail today. This is my first time trying a wrap style carrier and obviously there is a learning curve! I was so frustrated with that thing I just put it away and got on here to relax because I was about ready to rip it in two!

It came with an instructional dvd - and I've got the basics down of how to wrap it around me and tie it on. but it's like I can't get it tight enough - maybe my pregnant belly is causing that? Like even when it's tight around the waist it's loose when I pull it up - so there is no way a baby would be secure enough in there. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone point me to a website of tying on wraps for dummies? Or give me tips for getting this thing on correctly without wanting to rip it?!

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys, I'll check utube and EzzysMom I think you are right about my belly making it loose. I'll try again today starting higher ... and I may just have to figure this out once I have this baby.

#6 ·
DDCC from November
When I started using a wrap with DS I also had a hard time getting it tight enough. What I started to do was put it on most of the way, but just before tying it I would tighten it all up and make sure everything was snug. Mine was jersey knit so I could have it on snugly and still be able to slip DS in no problem. Also... keep trying... it does have a bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out it is the most awesome thing. DS went through a period of inconsolable screaming and the only thing that worked for that was the wrap. I would put him in and do a couple of laps up and down the hallway of my apt (my neighbors probably LOVED me
) and he would zonk out. It was awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.