any tips on putting on a wrap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-23-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I got this beautiful moby style wrap in the mail today. This is my first time trying a wrap style carrier and obviously there is a learning curve! I was so frustrated with that thing I just put it away and got on here to relax because I was about ready to rip it in two!

It came with an instructional dvd - and I've got the basics down of how to wrap it around me and tie it on. but it's like I can't get it tight enough - maybe my pregnant belly is causing that? Like even when it's tight around the waist it's loose when I pull it up - so there is no way a baby would be secure enough in there. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone point me to a website of tying on wraps for dummies? Or give me tips for getting this thing on correctly without wanting to rip it?!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 PM

Try to use Youtube. That's what I did.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#3 of 6 Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 PM

Yip, You Tube has some great tutorials. Also TheBabywearer.com website

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#4 of 6 Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 AM

i think that's your pregnant belly doing that. Try starting the wrapping up higher, no on your waist, but more like it were a strapless shirt.

Mama to DD1 4/08fly-by-nursing1.gif and DD2 10/10 bfinfant.gifcd.gifcat.gif
#5 of 6 Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I'll check utube and EzzysMom I think you are right about my belly making it loose. I'll try again today starting higher ... and I may just have to figure this out once I have this baby.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#6 of 6 Old 08-24-2010, 04:50 PM

DDCC from November
When I started using a wrap with DS I also had a hard time getting it tight enough. What I started to do was put it on most of the way, but just before tying it I would tighten it all up and make sure everything was snug. Mine was jersey knit so I could have it on snugly and still be able to slip DS in no problem. Also... keep trying... it does have a bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out it is the most awesome thing. DS went through a period of inconsolable screaming and the only thing that worked for that was the wrap. I would put him in and do a couple of laps up and down the hallway of my apt (my neighbors probably LOVED me) and he would zonk out. It was awesome.

27 yo mother of DS 02/07/09 & DD 11/13/10. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page