Anyone else looking at Halloween decorations in stores and - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2010, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
totally freaking out??????

I am not ready for this.

Unlike with my boys, this pregnancy has been pretty easy so I don't have a burning desire to get this baby out.

I spent time with my 10 month old, semi cranky niece for a week and am simply NOT ready to experience this again.

I feel guilty saying that.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM

DDCC-Costco already has christmas decorations out. We will all have babies by Christmas, I just can't wrap my brain around that. I like the baby in my belly, I"m just not sure I want to let her out anytime soon.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:57 PM

I actually got excited when I saw fall decorations because that means I get to eat pumpkin pie soon.

But yes, I know what you mean about the panic factor. I am due the first week of October and seeing the decorations at the store made me realize that the time is coming crazy fast. Aack!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:36 PM

I have been personally looking forward to October for the past couple of weeks because I want the cooler weather, and as PP said, pumpkin treats! And of course I've been so excited for baby to come!

But now as things are approaching, I'm getting a little nervous as we'll be first time parents, and I just thought back to summer days at the cottage and I sort of want to go back in time and relive summer again....dip my feet in the water, watch the stars at night....

Time is a funny thing.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:42 AM

I'm due on the 27th, so I'm definitely not "doing" halloween this year and that makes me sad.

I'm trying not to think about the future too much though because it freaks me out!

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I got all teary eyed when I saw the Halloween clothes in the kids section at Target yesterday! I think part of it is that I miscarried our first son last year 5 days before Halloween, and now this year I'll have a newborn to take out with us. Kind of bittersweet! We have a little old navy pumpkin costume that all the other kids have worn, I need to dig it out
Old 08-26-2010, 11:01 AM

It makes me excited and nervous to see the decorations. Halloween is such a busy time for me with my ds - at back to school orientation I found out we've got the following things right around Halloween ... Market Day on the 22nd (big deal, children make a product, market & sell it, a parent is required to attend with child), Carnvial on the 28th (again, huge deal that is a nighttime carnival at the school, ds can't miss it!), and of course with a nearly 8 year old we've also got to trick or treat. It's going to be interesting, and makes me wish this little one will decide to appear BEFORE his due date of Oct 19th so I have time to adjust a little bit to him being here before I have all of these things to drag him to! I'm worried how I'm going to do it, to be honest.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

User Tag List