that time already? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-26-2010, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my c-section date fast approching, I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that I am going to be a mother... again... for the third time... to a newborn.

It seems, even now, that the time never *really* will come, but I know that for a *fact* it will. I won't be pregnant forever. (even though it feels that way) and even though I am prepared (physically... as in, the clothes, crib, sling, diapers) I don't feel prepared at all.

I don't feel that it's *really* going to happen... that maybe im not *really* pregnant... haha, you know what I mean. Even with all the dr. visits, hospital stays, and sonograms... it feels as if the actual *newborn* is ages and ages away, as if it will never really come to pass.

I don't feel mentally prepared for this at all. I dont feel like I can MANAGE. I have done this new mom thing twice before, and I don't ever remember feeling this way... so what's different now?

Is anyone else feeling the same way? I am sad that I don't feel excited, happy, or thrilled to be having a new baby... instead I am afraid of it becoming a reality.

"Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" -Bones McCoy. Ds1 6 bouncy.gif Dd1 4 energy.gifDd2 5 months baby.gif
#2 of 8 Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, you're scheduled before green_ma, so you'll be first!! Lucky you

I know what you mean, my friend had her baby a couple days ago, and I kept thinking "wow, there really was a baby in there!" This is my 6th pregnancy (4th baby, God willing!) and I still have a hard time accepting that there really is a little person in there!

I think it's pretty normal to have fears and apprehensions, I think it's a normal part of coming to terms with being a mother again. Not that every mom or every pregnancy will go through that, but I don't think your feelings are uncommon!
#3 of 8 Old 08-26-2010, 10:07 AM

I'm having those feelings for the first time as well and this is also my 3rd child. I wonder if it's the whole "we're going to be out numbered thing" that is giving me the anxiety.

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#4 of 8 Old 08-26-2010, 12:43 PM

I certainly am feeling this way. It is my third also. I think part of it is that I know how the baby will change things, for good and bad.

Also, for my first I was so anxious to have him born, so excited about his first sounds, first turning over, first crawl, etc.
With my second I was so much more relaxed - he will do it all, just on his own time.
This time, I know the birth will happen, all those sweet, wonderful things will happen. I just feel so patient that maybe it feels like reluctance.

We have nothing planned yet, nothing purchased yet (only need a few things), nothing made yet (only need to make a few things). Maybe if these things get done, I will feel more ready.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#5 of 8 Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 PM

This is my 6th pregnancy 5th baby and I am kind of feeling the "it doesn't seem real" feelings too. I'm very excited but It just seems like its still a long way away and it's actually really close.

It's almost sept an I relized I need to get some baby stuff out and washed up so that this baby won't be naked. I do have a few diapers made but I need to get the pre-folds out and ready and all that. I guess we just have so much else going on it's not the only thing we are thinking about this time around.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#6 of 8 Old 08-29-2010, 06:37 AM

I am right there with ya.
I cant believe that I am ACTULLY pregnant , nevermind that a baby is going to actully come out of me. The time snuck up but at the same time has gone sooo slow. Were both delivering in September, so its pretty much this month(being that were like two days away from september) we will have babies...weird.

p.s. when was your orginal due date?

Unschooling Crunchy Mama of 5 babies. Welcome Emily-Rose born September 7th 2010!
#7 of 8 Old 08-29-2010, 01:09 PM

I remember being the most anxious when I was pregnant with my 3rd. Don't get me wrong, I'm still anxious, and this is my 5th. But it was really pronounced with my 3rd! I'm still in the semi-denial mode of labor approaching. I "know" it is coming, but I am not freaked yet. I will in the next few weeks though. Or maybe after my appointment tomorrow after talking with my midwife.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#8 of 8 Old 08-30-2010, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

at least I know I am not the only one, that is a huge comfort

"Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" -Bones McCoy. Ds1 6 bouncy.gif Dd1 4 energy.gifDd2 5 months baby.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page