Weekly Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is anyone else freaking out over the fact that it's nearly SEPTEMBER?? We're going to be having BABIES, real liveBABIES soon! I am so not ready!!

Regarding heartburn, I've found that a big bowl of Breyer's chocolate ice cream before bed keep me from waking up in the middle of the night with heart burn. My little guy also likes to pummel me early in the morning (like 4:30am!) and keep me awake. Oh well, good practice for middle of the night nursing, right?

34w3d and my next appt is Sept 8th! How's everyone else doing?
#2 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
34w6d here and feeling nice and gigantic, lol!

totally freaking out that it's nearly september, especially because my due date is oct. 4th and dd1 came at 37 weeks and dd2 came at 38 weeks
trying to be all zen about it but really, i am thinking, i am SO not ready for this!

my next appt. is sept. 9th, it's my home visit which is also making this, oh so real.

off to do some apple picking, maybe canning some applesauce will take my mind off the craziness that is going to ensue in a couple of short weeks.

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#3 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 09:46 AM

Ugh .. the aches and pains started for me around 33 weeks. I think I've been getting sciatic nerve pain though during DS's nap yesterday I took a hot epsom salt bath and did some omega pose stretching and it really helped.

I've been cosleeping with DS and what with the baby coming we're trying to move him to his own little bed (still in the same room). So last night I moved him after he fell asleep. Big mistake. He rolled off his mattress (which is on the floor) and woke up screaming and went straight into temper tantrum at 0200. Since I don't think we're actually going to get him out of the bed before the baby arrives, I may actually end up using the arm's reach co-sleeper this time.

And I still keep going back and forth between getting a bucket seat or not. We have 4 convertible carseats so that part is covered but I'm wondering if I'm overlooking the sheer amount of convenience.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#4 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 10:49 AM

Cherry Bomb - mmm chocolate ice cream. That's my favourite but I let DH pick the flavour this time and now I regret it. I'm glad it's helping your heartburn! I'm 34w3d too. We're both due on Oct. 7, I think. My next appointment is Sep. 9...then it will be every week after that!

Blue Butterfly - apple picking sounds like so much fun. I have to find a way to get out of the house today, I think! I will have my home visit some time in September, too. I'm nervous about it. I'm strange and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel having the midwife in my home, but this will certainly be a test. If I don't feel comfortable now, how will I feel while labouring?

Eresh - oh the aches and pains. I had sciatica early in the pregnancy around 25 weeks or so. I've been seeing a chiropractor since and feel so much better overall...except for my feet.

My only complaint right now...my feet! Not swollen, surprisingly, but they both feel like they've been sprained across the tops and balls of my feet. It's terrible and I don't know what to do about it. Sigh. I just don't want to stop being active in the last weeks of pregnancy...and I still have 3 weeks left at work. The only shoes I can tolerate wearing are my running shoes, which are against dress code, but I'm trying to get the courage to ask if I can wear them for my last 3 weeks....
#5 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 AM

Things are going ok here... trying to get settled at my parents and deal with the fact that I HATE the current situation we are in. Hate Hate HATE. The kids seem to be doing ok but seriously.. this blows. I am like.. 32 weeks 2 days I think. I didn't take a 31 or 32 week belly pic which of course makes me feel guilty because I never forgot with the boys. Anyway, my next appt with my new OB is the 10th and I guess we will schedule my c/s and all that jazz then.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#6 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 12:46 PM

S-l-o-w-l-y starting to get some energy back to go along with my nesting in my head. I am 31wk+1 today. My next appointment is tomorrow to check my blood sugar numbers and all that jazz. So I guess I start the every 2 week appointments now since I'm GD. That should be a pain in the butt. But oh well.
I've been rethinking DH's vascectomy. I don't want him to get one now. I just don't like the idea of it being permanent. I know that I don't want any more kids right now, but I don't know if I'm permanently done.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#7 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 01:14 PM

I just talked to DH and he okay'd me joining Pampered Chef!! Woohoo! I'm excited!

I also need to go buy some material to make baby's cloth wipes and I need to order the set of cloth daipers this paycheck also. I'm almost done with buying baby stuff that I need. I'm also buying a Mei Tai type carrier from Amazon this paycheck also. I can't wait!!

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#8 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Rachel, I've been thinking about you and your boys, I'm sorry you have to deal with this!

b_b, lucky you! My 3 were all a week or more past my due date...I admit I'm kind of dreading that again this time! I keep feeling like this one is going to come a little early, but it's probably just wishful thinking With my others I didn't really stress about going late, but this time I'm already feeling anxious and wishing it was time. Partly due in part to being a PAL mom now, but it stinks since I've got a good 6 weeks to go, yet!

Eresh, our older infant carrier was getting ready to expire, so we bought a new one. We went with the Graco SnugRide 35. I do think it's much more convenient for little ones, honestly. With dd3 I had the Britax Boulevard leftover from dd2, and I thought about using that for her from birth since it can technically do 5 pounds, but geeze! I put her in it and it was SO HUGE and she just flopped around all over the place, so we went ahead and used the infant carrier dd2 had. Especially have 4 kids to schlep around, I think a carrier is nice. I love my maya wraps, don't get me wrong, but I don't really want to use one from the van to the front door, ykwim? Plus, having an infant through winter, I think it will be nice to throw a thick baby quilt over it and get the baby in and out without getting too much cold. That was my thinking, ymmv!

MaybeJ, we are due the same day! Well, the clinic thinks I'm due the 13th, but I chart and I know exactly when I ovulated and when conception would be possible (and there were only 2 acts of intercourse that cycle, and there's no way one of them resulted in conception, unless I'm a medical miracle and my eggs can survive for weeks after I ovulate ) So I'm sticking with the 7th, I don't care what they say (I'll discuss it with my OB when I finally see her and show her my chart). Usually I like mint chocolate chip ice cream or vanilla if I'm going plain, but the chocolate was speaking to me last night at the store

Ohh, pampered chef has some nice stuff, yay for you southernmommie!
#9 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 02:11 PM

Rachel, it's so good to hear from you!! I'm glad the boys are settling in well...take it easy and take care of yourself.

CherryBomb - my due date also reflects charting. According to my chart, my due date would be October 7. I didn't believe it and went with the 8th initially. My midwives sent me for a dating ultrasound (although they were cool to stick with my date) and based on the ultrasound, my due date was listed as October 7, so I guess my chart was right after all. If they were going by my LMP, it would be a very different due date as I didn't ovulate until the 25th day of my cycle!
#10 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 06:06 PM

We spent the day at the zoo yesterday and my hips are paying for it today. It's not awful, but just a lot of pressure and I generally feel like they are coming apart. Hey, it made dh go to the grocery store for me, so that might just be a good trade off!

I feel ya on the LMP/dating thing gals - I straight up lied to my OB's office about my LMP date because I know when I O'd and I have long cycles - I think I O'd on like cd 21 or somewhere around there. And when they sent me for a dating ultrasound, my "fake" LMP date matched perfectly.. Imagine that!

The big news for this week - we decided on a name!! Gavin Connor! I'm really happy to finally have a name for this little guy.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#11 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 06:36 PM

Gavin Connor is a great name! I love it!
#12 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 06:38 PM

misty, our babies will share a middle name! I think we are pretty much set on a first name - Benjamin. But we'll call him Ben. I'm surprised that such a plain name feels so right

Nothing much else to report here. Getting big and baby boy feels so low. Have midwife appt on Friday, and a final scan at 36 weeks to see how his lung is going to be at birth. At the last scan they could see normal lung tissue around the cyst so that was awesome news.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#13 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 07:13 PM

my oldest boy's middle name is Conner.

afm, i'm starting to really slow down and lose my second wind. the nesting came and went, now i just really feel like i've turned quietly inward and am in waiting mode. i really feel like i'll go in september and w/ each passing day i feel more and more resigned to birth. baby is awfully low and when she gets to doing her stretches, i feel like she's gonna burst right thru my pelvic floor. it's enough to make me wince. i'm measuring almost 40 cm's and feel slight, occassional crampiness w/ the bh's ctx's as well. wow, so weird to be so close.

i keep envisioning getting to announce her name--i can't wait.
#14 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 09:34 PM

I'm 31w5d
Ooo apple picking, I can't wait, maybe in a week or so. I could also do some cooler weather, hoping fall shows up soon. I went to my cousins baby shower today and it was outside, 90 degrees and humid, my leg/feet are so swollen I took my shoes off and couldn't get them back on.

I didn't feel huge until they wanted to do a photo of all the pregnant ladies there. One was due the 4th of Oct, my cousin is due the 11th, and I'm not due til the 26th, but I was biggest of all three. Granted they both are on their first, but still made me feel huge.

Is still have the feeling that this little man is going to make his apperance early, I just really hope he's not too early. I've been having tons of BH and occasionally crampy with a back ache, already. My doctor checked Thursday to make sure he wasn't engaged and he wasn't (thankfully). My next appt is Sept 13th (34w6d), so we'll see how things stand then.

Sorry if spelling and grammer are bad, I'm tired. I think I'll pop a movie in for DD and lay down with my feet up.

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#15 of 24 Old 08-29-2010, 10:12 PM

Yay for deciding on a name! While I was doing Hypnobabies the other night I think I may have decided on a boy name. We'll see if DH buys in -- though he's mostly leaving the final selection from our list up to me.

All that stretching after my hot bath must have eased something since I haven't really had any nerve pain since. I'm hoping this lasts for a while.

I guess I don't actually have to decide for or against a bucket seat right now. If we decide the convertible seats aren't convenient, we can go ahead and go buy a bucket seat. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to get a Joovy Stand on tandem stroller. It's 30% off on amazon right now.

Ashley_R: Yeah, I don't think this one is going to stick around to 40 weeks either. I checked my cervix the other day and it was reachable, soft, only slightly posterior, and maybe 1 cm dilated. I know ... this doesn't mean much but I still couldn't resist checking.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#16 of 24 Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 AM

You know, I can't shake the feeling that I DON'T want hubby to get a Vascectomy done. At first I was on board with it, but the last week or so, I'm not so sure about anything permanent anymore. Is it hormonal?

m/c '97 and in '03

#17 of 24 Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 AM

So, this week I have been dealing with a rotten case of thrush. I can usually catch it and stop it, but this time around I indulged in too much sugar, and it's full blown. I am still just at the itchy stage, at least, and it's not painful. And only the one breast, which is not the one my toddler nurses on at this point. So, I have been popping the acidophilos a lot, and using a homeopathic remedy. I can't eat any sugar at all, though, or my itching increases tenfold. And I have SUCH a chocolate craving right now.

Eresh, have you checked to see if anyone you know has a bucket seat you could borrow for a few months? I'm borrowing one from a friend, because our bucket has expired, and this is most likely our last baby. I didn't want to spend the money on another bucket that I will only use for a short time. I do think they fit newborns better than the convertibles, but after a few months I can't stand them anymore, and always switch over to the convertible.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#18 of 24 Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
You know, I can't shake the feeling that I DON'T want hubby to get a Vascectomy done. At first I was on board with it, but the last week or so, I'm not so sure about anything permanent anymore. Is it hormonal?
I totally understand and feel the same way. My h is planning to get a vascectomy done too, but he hasn't even really looked into it yet. This baby was not planned and we've agreed he will be our last .. but the big V seems so very FINAL. I think hormones do have something to do with it.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#19 of 24 Old 08-30-2010, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Love the name, mistymama

Ashley, I'm always the most enormous pregnant woman in the room, so don't feel bad

Sorry to hear about the thrush, Melissa

I decided to go ahead and start washing the nb and 0-3 baby clothes yesterday. Still don't have a changing table to put stuff away on, but I'm going to put them in a box for now and put them out closer to my due date so they don't get dusty! I got our room cleared out some, now dh and I just need to decide on a color for the bedroom and get it painted and rearranged!
#20 of 24 Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Eresh, have you checked to see if anyone you know has a bucket seat you could borrow for a few months? I'm borrowing one from a friend, because our bucket has expired, and this is most likely our last baby. I didn't want to spend the money on another bucket that I will only use for a short time. I do think they fit newborns better than the convertibles, but after a few months I can't stand them anymore, and always switch over to the convertible.
I have a friend who's offered her old Evenflo, but it's close to expiring and I'm pretty sure it has a recall against it. I don't trust it. So I've been thinking about getting a new infant seat with a bigger height limit, using it for a year, and passing it off to someone else. It will likely be only for this baby since we're planning on not having any more.

I've been very much NOT okay with stopping at two kids but have acquiesced to the planned V since DH really compromised to have this one. Yet lately I've actually been okay with the idea of only two. I'm actually looking at focusing on other things beyond the baby stage -- my career, building up enough savings to buy a single family home, family vacations ...

#21 of 24 Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 PM

I'm tired and grumpy. Too tired to give any more of an update than that.
#22 of 24 Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 PM

I'm tired and grumpy too. It's like a switch has been flicked. Yesterday I was feeling all glowy and lovely and zen. This morning I am grumpy and over it. I dont want to be pregnant forever but I know I will be. Well I know that's not possible, but I cant convince myself otherwise.

It's 6.30am in the morning and I need a nap already.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#23 of 24 Old 08-31-2010, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man Melly, I feel you! Two days ago I was in a pretty great mood, washing and folding baby clothes and what not. Then starting yesterday I've been in search and destroy mode, or something!
#24 of 24 Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 PM

I have been doing pretty good, I am feeling the baby move a ton and he keeps flipping around first head down then head up then transverse I would really like him to pick the head down position and just sick to it.

I keep going between being nervous that I'm about to have two little boys that are 22 months apart and my husband will be finishing his degree for the first two months of the babies life which means not only will he be overwhelmed with homework but three nights a week he won't be getting home until 9 anyway.

And then most of the time I'm really excited, I mean my little boy is so awesome and fun and just amazingly cool its going to be so awesome having two of them!

This week i have been pigging out and gained 3lbs its our wedding anniversary and you know hotter then could be outside so all I want is ice cream. Not good excuses I need to really watch what I'm eating and make sure its not crap.

I hope everyone is feeling better and has a great week.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page