Holy Lactation, Batman! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So apparently I'm a super lactator. I've been leaking for the past couple of weeks but its gotten more and more umm apparent. I just brushed my arm past my breast and realized my shirt has a big round wet spot on it. Yay, breast pads here we come! Anyone else?
I'm hoping this means that maybe the baby might be coming sooner rather than later but that is probably wishful thinking!

Happily married, crunchy mama crazy in love with our little man, Bam bam (10/5/10) due aug 2014 with our rainbow bean missing our 3 angel babies (9/09, 7/12, 12/12)
#2 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 01:25 PM

I started leaking back around 22-ish weeks. It seemed like a lot back then! It tapered off, but now it seems to be ramping back up. I have no idea if it actually means anything or not -- I just chalk it up to boobs being kind of weird like that.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#3 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I leaked a ton (from my left breast only!) with dd1, but I got induced at 41 weeks. I never leaked with any of my other pregnanices, including this one! I can express some colostrum, but no leaking.
#4 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 06:02 PM

CherryBomb, did you go on to produce more milk from your left breast? I've wondered about that since most of the time it's my right one only. Someone once mentioned that she only leaked from one side and it ended up being a better producer, but I have no idea if that's a common correlation.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#5 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

wishful thinking I guess

Happily married, crunchy mama crazy in love with our little man, Bam bam (10/5/10) due aug 2014 with our rainbow bean missing our 3 angel babies (9/09, 7/12, 12/12)
#6 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
APBT, it's hard to say, because I didn't nurse her very long and she was supplemented right away, so I never had a very good supply! I never noticed that breast producing significantly more with my other children (who both nursed past 2 years!) But since leaking in pregnancy isn't consider to be any kind of indicator of supply after birth, I would guess it's just coincidence if that breast seems to produce more

Dirkey, sadly leaking during pregnancy really doesn't mean anything! It's normal to leak, it's normal not to leak, either way doesn't seem to have any relation to when you'll go into labor or how much milk you'll produce
#7 of 7 Old 08-31-2010, 07:58 AM

I didn't leak at all with ds and had him at 34 weeks. I produced a ton of milk, in fact my problem was producing so much that he wasn't getting enough of the good fatty hindmilk at first.

This time I'm still not leaking, but if I squeeze after a shower I can express a tiny bit.

I don't think leaking has anything to do with labor or as an indicator of milk production. But it will give you a chance to get used to breast pads!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page