I need to calm down - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 35 weeks tomorrow so they won't stop labor if I go into it then. And that is freaking me out. I think I'm already losing part of my plug and this baby is really really low. At least that's how it feels. I am so convinced I'm going to go into labor right this second and not make it to 36 weeks. I just need to calm down, but I am spazzing out. And nesting like crazy. Anyone else feeling the same?

obstruct livery vehicles

#2 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 03:20 PM

I wish I felt close. Today I am grumpy and tired and I hurt and will be pregnant forever.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#3 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 03:23 PM

I am in a similar place, I think. I am 35wks 3 days, and woke up this morning with some MAJOR pelvic pressure. Apparently baby tried to tunnel out in the night. Definitely the most serious pressure I've had yet, and it really gave me "a moment." Like, "ohmygodwhatamigonnadoifihavethisbabytoday???? ?"

I also think the nesting thing is kicking in, if it's "nesting" when you leave dirty dishes in the sink because the baseboards must. be. clean. today. now.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#4 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been getting nasty nesting spurts. Like ragey ones where I'm all "OMG THE HOUSE IS A DISGUSTING PIT AND NOTHING IS DONE AND WE'RE NEVER GOING TO BE READY FOR THE BABY AND I HATE EVERYONE!!!" Blah!

I don't think baby will be here in the next couple of weeks (and as I type that I get a nasty BH contraction ), but I'm still feeling he'll be a little early. At any rate, I'm sure yours is going to hang on for a couple more weeks, at least!
#5 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
I've been getting nasty nesting spurts. Like ragey ones where I'm all "OMG THE HOUSE IS A DISGUSTING PIT AND NOTHING IS DONE AND WE'RE NEVER GOING TO BE READY FOR THE BABY AND I HATE EVERYONE!!!" Blah!
Yep. Internally, anyway. It hasn't come out. Yet.

Like yesterday I went totally wild about this certain area. It's halfway kitchen and halfway hall (oh the joy of tiny houses). I scrubbed the trashcan, the air conditioner, the dog bowls, the baseboards (with a toothbrush. And toothpicks). It had to be done or I was going to eat somebody. However, the rest of my house still looks like certifiable heck.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#6 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

It doesn't help my freaking out about being early that DH told me last night he can't take a week off until I hit 37 or 38 weeks since there's so much going on at work. If my mom hadn't been here I would have lost it on him. So now I'm even more paranoid about going crazy early.

obstruct livery vehicles

#7 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM

I think my MWs were silently laughing at me yesterday. When they arrived at the house for our appointment I was freaking out because DH left scraps of trash paper (advertisements and coupons) laying on the floor.

Of course my nesting is now shopping online for baby stuff. Nesting could get expensive.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#8 of 8 Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 PM

I hope your LO can hang in there a few more weeks. If it helps relax you, or make you feel any better, I had ds at 34 weeks and he was just fine. I had a jerk of an OB that would not believe I was in labor - lost my plug - then water broke. Baby at 34 weeks.

He needed a little extra oxygen at first and his sucking reflex wasn't quite there, but otherwise he was just fine.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page