Mothering Forum banner

XP: Snacks to keep on hand

426 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hotharmony 
#1 ·
I'm looking for ideas of snacks to keep on hand while nursing. I need things that won't spoil, but I can't eat packaged foods because I'm on a low sodium diet.

So far I'm thinking nuts (specifically almonds and peanuts) and dried fruit (raisins, prunes, apricots).

Any other thoughts? These are also things that DS will eat, so I figured we can snack together!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmm that's a tough one, I'm going for foods that won't spoil fast I think in my case, having some cut up cheese and fruit, things that could sit out for a little while without a problem. restocking mid-day. homemade Popcorn? bananas, apples and other fruits that can be eaten with one hand fresh are good too.

#3 ·
I like to keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge I will peal two at a time and eat them throughout the day. Also cheese sticks and fruit. Oh and if you can get them in your area lara bars are the best.

Although for me eating is never a problem I need to keep water with me all the time and drink a ton of it or I get constipated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.