bedrest - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2010, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had been having BH today and noticed they were at longest 40 mins apart but had been at 20 mins. So on advice from the mw i called them to let them know, with my history she felt 2 of them in any rhythmic motion was too many. I felt totally stupid calling b.c even though I could feel changes in my cervix (like odd tinges and such, like it was "moving") I didn't feel like labor was imenient. They checked me and I was 1 cm and thick but very soft which was making the mw nervous. She said i had to do part time days from now until 36 weeks (I'm 33 tomorrow). But to be safe she hooked me up to the monitor.
I had a few almost contractions 45 mins and then all of a sudden I had a huuuuuuuge one, the monitor shot up to 100+ and baby's heart rate spiked too, then it drop right after the contraction. As the midwife was taking the monitor off and telling me they were going to do the fetalfiberconectin i had another one. So she did the test and sent me to labor and delivery to be monitored while they processed it, of course it was positive. The gave me a shot to stop the contractions (can't remember what it was but it made me jittery and only works for an hour) and then a shot of steroids for the baby.
They checked me again and I was still at 1 cm. I made a comment to the nurse that i bet the baby will now go 2 weeks over and this will just be a big trick she played and the nurse looked at me with a total serious face and said "I hope you make it to 36 weeks." I was like was my cervix that soft??? She said yes, i would just go home and do absolutely nothing. which honestly they were more "this is nothing big" then the mw was when i showed up, so her all of a sudden being that serious i was like. whoa, maybe my cervix is doing more then i thought.
So i'm on bedrest. i have to get another steroid shot tomorrow and go back to the mw on friday and then probably on tuesday to make sure everything is like is has been. Sucky part is i can't feel most of my contractions (didn't with ds either, after my water broke i was contracting every 1-3 mins and had no idea, the mw was shocked), so i won't really know what to expect unless they check me again. and honestly I'm still whirling from all of this. I didn't think any of this would happen.
I have gone through my why me tantrum. Which i am absolutely disgusted at myself for. Why not me? I've done it before. At least I'm having a baby and a few weeks in the nicu is not a huge deal compared to what some people go though. I'm blessed to make it this far and if this is the worst that will happen to this baby in her life then she is so blessed. Plus with the steriods hopefully she won't need oxygen if we get to 35 weeks and then it will just be feeding to contend with.
So that is how my week has gone. I guess we'll see what will happen after my next appt. Although I'm contracting right now....again. arghhhhhh stay in me baby!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 AM

*Hugs* sweetie. I hope the steriods shot work and that you hold out as long as your body can. Keep us updated.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Here's hoping she'll hang around until 36 weeks!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Thinking of you and knowing everything will work out just fine for you and the baby. Just relax, put your feet up and try not to get too stressed out.

Do you have things that can keep you occupied for the next few weeks? Do you knit or have Netflix? Can we send you some magazines or something?
Old 09-02-2010, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I'm so sorry you have to go through this worry. I know how you feel about not feeling contractions and how scary that can be - I never really felt my contractions with DS right up until he was out and it makes me very nervous this time around, knowing that labour with second babies goes faster and my nagging intuition telling me that this one is going to be early.

I hope that bedrest isn't too boring and that the rest and the steroids do their thing. Hang in there - we're thinking about you!

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:43 PM

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, you and your little baby are in my thoughts!

sticky baby vibes

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
Old 09-02-2010, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the all the kind words! I'm back at the hospital after some more contractions and I've dialated to 1.5 to almost 2 cm 50% effaced and -2 station. they have ordered an u/s tomorrow to check how much fluid I have since I've already heard a mw and nurse both comment to me that i have a lot. And today another mw said she could feel a big bulging bag of water when she checked me. (this sounds kinda naughty but seriously this has always been my suspicion on why I went early with ds, too much fluid). They have transfered me to the OBs for now. If i make it to 36 weeks i can go back to the mw. so I will know tomorrow if they will release me and what the u.s says. I am pretty excited I at least get another peek at her after going through all of this. And Im going to make sure she is still a she while they are measuring her.

User Tag List