Pretty Persistently Prodromal...... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
..... yup i THINK i'm prodromal already (sorry in advance for TMI bits)

for the past 48 hours or so i've been up at night feeling tight bellied and like im about to poop.

Braxton Hicks that make my belly so tight and hard that it makes my legs shake, they come every 3-5 minutes for at least two hours straight, twice a day (early hours of morning then evening)

im swelling up too

baby is NOT happy, she is shifting from LOP to LOA then all the way over to ROT and back again her head pops in and out from behind my pubic bone

I've been getting panicky moments/bursting into tears then im fine again.

my boobs have swollen up and are ready to go.

is this prodromal labour?? i'm nearly 36 weeks if i go by my original due date, nearly 37 if we go by my latest one

im dreading another possible 6 weeks of this!!!!!!!!!!!

wanna cry. up until now i've not got hormonal and tearful at all lol darnit

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 12:09 PM

i will be 36 weeks on monday and having been going through all the things that you mentioned.

our bodies are gearing up and i've never been so excited and scared pooless at the same time, lol!

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#3 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 12:18 PM

I'm not going through prodromal labor yet, but I was just reading this thread on the September board. Most of the ladies there averaged 4 weeks of this. So I doubt you will go to 6. (Is that wishful thinking???) I should be starting my prodromal labor in about 3-4 weeks if baby is near due date. I always go through it and it SUCKS!!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#4 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 12:19 PM

It's a good time to practise your relaxing techniques. LOTS of warm baths or warm showers!! Lots of water. Don't get dehydrated. That is the worse when they get so close together you think you are in labor when you get sent home just to drink more water! Ugh. BTDT! Multiple times! Just had add.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#5 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been experiencing similar. I've heard it's worse the more kids you have! They're still weak enough I know they aren't "real" contractions, but it seems to be so much worse than with my first two! My third I had horrible prodroma labor for three days before I actually went into "real" labor.
#6 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Me too - almost every symptom you mention for about 5-6 days now. The BH take my breath away, so much stronger than my last pregnancy. Yesterday afternoon I was squatting on a rock by the edge of a creek with DS and I actually wanted to push during a BH, that's how much pressure was in my bottom. I couldn't believe it!! Ridiculous because I'm pretty sure baby's head isn't even that low yet, my body is playing tricks on me for sure. My boobs haven't had a growth spurt but they are leaking. And seriously soft stools too, which is a nice change actually. That didn't happen till 3 days before DS was born last time.

We're gearing up...

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#7 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

yeah i'll be honest- being able to poop is a welcome change! and yeah, sometimes her head is engaged and it's unbearable but other times it's floating up and a can feel her shoulder poking out my lower belly, yet i still feel the strong grunty urge to squat and moo when i get these BHs....

Well i say "moo" it's morelike MEEEEEEEEERRGHHHHH!

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#8 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has been thinking "Gee, it's nice to be able to poop again!"
#9 of 10 Old 09-03-2010, 12:57 AM

Count me in the happy pooping crowd, lol.

Anyway, is that what this crap is called? Prodromal, huh. I'm only 33 weeks but the contractions are getting out of hand. The only remedy is drink, pee, sit, repeat. I'm still crampy but getting rest stops it from being painful.

My MW did an internal to check because I've been feeling so crampy. Cervix is squishy but closed and the baby's head is really down there.

This happened to me at 35 weeks in my last pregnancy (at one point I got sick and actually went into serious false labor just because I ate something bad), but I didn't deliver until 40w5d.

So no, not looking forward to 7 more weeks of this.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#10 of 10 Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
This happened to me at 35 weeks in my last pregnancy (at one point I got sick and actually went into serious false labor just because I ate something bad), but I didn't deliver until 40w5d.

So no, not looking forward to 7 more weeks of this.
NOOO NOOOO UR NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THATTTTT ur meant to say u had it at 35 weeks and birthed at 37 darnittttttttt IM DONE BEING PREGNANT NOW I WANT MY BABBBBYYYY *STAMPS FEET*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page