Breech baby - help! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 09-29-2010, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by October_Mama View Post
i guess it's different for everyone because i found it pretty uncomfortable and it was much longer than 90 seconds.
Ouch, had your baby dropped already? My dr told me she would try twice. Once the day we tried, and once again at 40 weeks. At the 2nd appointment, if it didnt work, she would go ahead and take the baby via csection. Maybe your OB will try one more time if your baby doesnt turn. ::crosses fingers:: that it will.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 44 Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Just like with childbirth, it sounds like everyone has such different experiences with the version.

Octobermama- I think your little one knows best after describing how he/she turned back. I bet there is something keeping him breech. He/she does not want to go head down, at least not yet. You have done everything you can at this point. Sounds like doing acupunture and more chiro will do no harm in the next few weeks bc it may still help him/her turn. But I really like your attitude about grieving your natural birth and not possibly having it. That is where I am at too. I am so sad not to be able to experience birth naturally/vaginally, but there comes a point when we have to say it's all about a healthy baby and accept it. Look what a great momma you are to him/her already! Keep thinking positive thoughts and picturing him going head down. I have heard so many stories of babies turning at the last minute, but know at the same time this may not be the way he/she was meant to come into the world. Keep us posted on any changes!!!

Adaline's Mom- Thanks for your information! I am going to ask my OB tomorrow about having to docs there to help turn.

I go in to my OB tomorrow and we are scheduling the version for early next week. I will let you know how it goes. That is my last "try" and will be stopping the chiro and acupunture AFTER the version. I will continue my hypnobabies CD/script called "Turn Breech Baby Turn" and keep swimming but that's it. I will still be grieving the loss of a natural birth but work towards accepting whatever birthing I was meant to have.

Me: 31 y/o, DH: 32 y/o - Happily Married for 3 1/2 years. Preggo w/ #1, EDD: 10/27/10. Momma to Oliver (pup)
#33 of 44 Old 10-01-2010, 09:26 AM

Hoping, that's what i keep telling myself. in the end, all that matters is that i have a healthy baby. i know a lot of women birth breech babies, but there is something telling me that if this baby doesn't turn, there's a reason and a c/s is the safest way to meet this person. i have my next doc's appt today and i'm going to try and schedule the c/s for oct. 26, which is almost a week after my EDD; i feel like i need to give the baby all the possible time to turn and after that, i'll accept it.

i also have my last acupuncture appt today. tomorrow i'm going to yoga and getting a massage. i'm trying to relax as much as possible, hoping that that will help.

thank you for your kind words, it really does make me feel better.
#34 of 44 Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this post, but I wanted to still report that I had my external version today and it WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so amazing! It only took a couple minutes and he turned right away. I used my hypnobabies self-hypnosis and it was somewhat uncomfortable when he was transverse as they turned him, but not bad at all!

Now I am praying he stays head down, but if he does go back to head up I will know there is a reason and leave him alone. I will resign to the c-section happily at that point.

Adaline's mom- I can't believe you had your baby 49 hours later! I am kind of keeping an eye out after you said that and wondering if that will be the case for me too. My gut says he's gonna stay in a lot longer. My due date is 10/23.

OctoberMama - Has your acupuncture been successful? Did you find a new chiro? I really believe that if he/she does not turn with all you are doing there is a reason. My doc said if baby does not turn after a couple minutes there is a reason, I bet that is why yours wouldn't turn. I went to a new chiro earlier this week and he told me something interesting about breech babies. SOME of them don't turn bc they have a "kink" or something in their neck so it's uncomfortable for them to turn. I guess some of those babies when they come out develop a little condition (easily treatable when they are young) called Torticollis. I was alarmed at first but the doctor just said to look out for the baby turning or preferring one side after he/she is born or as a toddler. Take that for what it's worth.... Please let me know if your baby ends up turning or not. I feel like we are in this together!!!

Looking forward to a better chance at a vaginal birth now!

Me: 31 y/o, DH: 32 y/o - Happily Married for 3 1/2 years. Preggo w/ #1, EDD: 10/27/10. Momma to Oliver (pup)
#35 of 44 Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 PM

What relief!
#36 of 44 Old 10-07-2010, 11:40 PM
hyz

Yay!!!! I hope he stays that way for you!!!

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#37 of 44 Old 10-09-2010, 01:00 PM

Yeah! I hope he stays head down.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#38 of 44 Old 10-10-2010, 08:57 PM

congrats, hoping!! that's great news! i'm glad the version wasn't too painful, and even better, that it worked! (i won't lie, i'm a little jealous, too!). i have a new chiro who i love. she's totally different from the first one and she's fantastic. i've seen her a few times and i've been back to the acupuncturist. on friday, the chiro said she thinks the baby may have turned, but i'm trying not to get my hopes up because she said she can't be certain. i see the OB tomorrow, they should tell me if the baby is still breech. if he or she is, i know they'll want to schedule me for a c/s, but i'm not going to schedule it, i want to go into labor on my own, then if the baby is breech, i'll have the section.
#39 of 44 Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm glad your version worked!

october mama, good luck
#40 of 44 Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 PM

such wonderful news!

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#41 of 44 Old 10-11-2010, 03:43 AM

Sorry I took so long to report back! I didn't end up getting a version because my baby was already head down!!! I think what worked was lying inverted on the ironing board and doing the child's pose-ish position (booty in the air, chest on the ground, face on a pillow).

Octobermama, you're in my thoughts and I really hope your acupuncturist is right and baby has turned!! I think your attitude is totally right on! I also was planning to wait and not schedule a C/S until after my EDD. I've read stories here about BIG babies turning really late and I know someone who's baby turned ON their due date and was born the next day! But, a healthy baby is the MOST important thing and something my MW told me the day I found out my baby was breech is "Sometimes God has a message for us that we can't hear...". Your baby may know and have a good reason, like you said. I'm glad you're trusting your baby. I hope and pray you get good news tomorrow but know that all will turn out well even if it's via a C/S!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#42 of 44 Old 10-11-2010, 02:38 PM

ladies, thanks for all your positivity! unfortunately, my baby is stubborn and just refuses to get head down. we scheduled the c/s for the 26th, with the hope that i'll go into labor on my own before then. i'll keep trying to turn the baby on my own and i'll start trying to induce labor at the end of the week. hopefully the baby will decide to turn at the last minute. DH keeps saying the baby takes after him and is a procrastinator...i hope he's right! and if not, i have to assume that there is some reason this is my baby's path into the world
#43 of 44 Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Stellamia - Congrats on your baby turning on his/her own!!! What an amazing feeling, eh? It's so strange their timing and stressing mommas out! How many weeks/days were you when he/she turned?
What are you doing to keep him headdown? I asked my OB what to do and he said, "You have no control!" But spinningbabies.com and other sites say you can do things to "help" them stay down - avoid laying on back, walking, etc.

OctoberMamma - He is a stubborn little one! I know exactly how you are feeling - there is nothing you can 'do' to get him to turn. As everyone is reiterating to you, there is definitely a reason he is not turning especially since the version did not work. I want to be positive for you and keep cheering him on - if he was meant to turn, HE WILL!!!! Like everyone else, I have heard of so many babies turning at the last minute! It could happen! If it doesn't, then it doesn't and you trust your baby. I was smiling when i read your post a few days ago that said your acupuncturist said he thought he turned but you didn't want to get your hopes up. My CHIRO did the same thing to me - she was pretty sure the baby turned and I was so excited for a few days until my ultrasound, only to find out he was still HEAD UP, just like you! UGH!!!!! I don't blame you for trying to wait as long as possible for him to turn but at least you have a c-section scheduled - which doesn't mean that will happen. Your birth story is yet to be determined! How many weeks are you now? Keep us updated!

I will do the same....just praying my boy stays head down. It's been about 4 days so that's good, but anything can happen. If he turns back head up I will also resign like I am preaching to OctoberMama, there's a reason and I will accept the c-section!

#44 of 44 Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 PM

hoping, i will be 39 weeks tomorrow. the OB said yesterday i was measuring a little ahead, but for some reason i don't believe him. i had contractions all day today, but they petered out before i got up the nerve to call the doc's office. i'm still hoping labor will start spontaneously so at least i know the little one is ready. good luck to you and i'm definitely thinking "stay head down" thoughts for you!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page