Weekly Chat - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 85 Old 09-13-2010, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Didn't see one started so I thought I'd start

We were out of town all weekend in the Chicago area, went well, had our ultrasound on Saturday & baby is head down & surely a boy!

Last night I started having some contractions, I was having Braxton Hicks several weeks ago almost daily & then they stopped for several weeks. These were much stronger & longer so I thought I might be going into labor, but they stopped & I was able to get some sleep, but my back has been killing me lately, tonz of pressure & tightness.

I'm working 4 days this week & 1 next, then cross my fingers I'm done until he gets here. Tomorrow I go out of town for work so I'm hoping I can get through it. Hubby has been going with me "just in case" & we have all the birth supplies packed up & in the van.

Sunday my mom is having a baby shower & last night she just became aware that we were UCing. I thought she knew, but then she asked if the midwife was gonna be there. I don't know what she's been thinking because she knew we stopped seeing the OB & couldn't afford a midwife. I just keep reassuring her that we will be right across the street from the hospital if we should need to go.

That's about it for me, just hoping baby stays in so I can get work done with

Mrs. (28) Wife to the Mr. (26) Mama to K (10g) & J (5b). Expecting #3 10/10. Hoping for a HBA2C.
#2 of 85 Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck getting work finished up!

I'm doing okay, around 36ish weeks, depending on what due date I go with. LMP is the 7th, u/s is the 13th, and based on my ovulation and only possibility for conception, it's the 10th I'm trying to think in terms of the latest date so I don't get worked up as I go overdue (which I surely will!) I'm so ready for October!
#3 of 85 Old 09-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Doing pretty good here too... my c/s is scheduled for the 15h of October, so in about 4.5 weeks. I got my car seats installed today, which made me happy. Figured I should do that before I possibly get huge because I don't trust anybody else to do it. I am pretty happy with my weight gain too... I was around 150 each time I got pregnant, and 196 when I had Trevor and 206 when I had Trenton!!! I am right around 176 right now so I am hoping to keep it around 180 when this baby is born..

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#4 of 85 Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 PM

How is everyone staying patient? I had DD1 at 37w and was convinced I'd go to 42w so there was never any "hurry and get here feeling" with her, it was more like "please please stay in there so I can get thsi stuff done". Now I'm 36.5w with this kid and just so done. Iw ant to get through labor, I want to see and hold my baby, etc. I'm trying so hard to enjoy the last bit of time with DD as an only, but it's hard.

obstruct livery vehicles

#5 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post
How is everyone staying patient? I had DD1 at 37w and was convinced I'd go to 42w so there was never any "hurry and get here feeling" with her, it was more like "please please stay in there so I can get thsi stuff done". Now I'm 36.5w with this kid and just so done. Iw ant to get through labor, I want to see and hold my baby, etc. I'm trying so hard to enjoy the last bit of time with DD as an only, but it's hard.
I am so right there with you, it's unbelievable! I'm trying to get as much DS and me time as possible in, but at the same time wanting to hold my other baby too!!
#6 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 08:16 AM

I'm getting so uncomfortable - this is the most pregnant I've ever been, I had ds at 34 weeks. I've got a really big baby in there and I feel so ready to just get him out already!!

I feel like my hips are seriously coming apart and I can't do anything - sit, stand, drive, walk without BH that are so tight they make me sore. I find myself sitting on my birth ball most of the day, that is one of the only places I'm comfy.

I'm trying to stay positive, listen to my hypnobabies ... "my baby knows just when and how to be born, and I am lovingly patient"

And my dd is Oct 19th, my B'day is the 11th .. so I'm trying to imagine Gavin coming around my B'day, which for now is helping me hang in there. I'm so ready to meet and hold him and it's hard to be "lovingly patient" for sure!!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#7 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Yeah, I'm so over being pregnant. I didn't really feel like this with my other pregnancies until around my due date, so the next few weeks are really going to suck. Time seems to be dragging and just want to stomp my feet and be like GIVE ME MY BABY!! And since my others were all 7-11 days overdue, I've got a long wait to go, I'm sure
#8 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 AM

Patient just isn't in my vocabulary right now. I'm only 34 weeks along right now, and I also have a history of going to 41 weeks or so, so it feels like I have eternity to wait. I know that they say babies are "easier" to take care of on the inside than they are once they emerge, but I honestly would take sleepless nights and sore nipples over the misery of late pregnancy.... of course I'll probably be kicking myself for saying that in a couple of months when I'm trying to get the older kids to bed and my 2 year old won't sleep anywhere but right against my back while I'm trying to nurse a week old baby to sleep...

Tara
#9 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 AM

im swinging between ARGHHHHH I WANT MY BABY NOWWWW IT'S TAKING FOREVERRRR to OMG IM 37+2...SOO NOT ENOUGH TIME TO GET MY HEAD AROUND THIS!! then at the slightest sign of menstrual cramping im all ARGHH NO NOT NOW IT'S TOO SOON!

*sigh*

i actually got a bit nesty today! i dont usually. but yeah i suddenly got the urge to go to Asda (wallmart) and splurge on last minute bits and bobs. i normally don't do "splurging" either, im a thrifty kinda mama... but yeah i blew a bomb on non crunchy stuff and IT FELT GREAT hehe.

i got....
2 super-soft pairs of pj's
multi-pack of massive underpants for PP
a HUGE fluffy bath sheet towel for my first bath PP
super-soft/strong toilet paper for PP lol
some saftey plug socket covers
baby bouncer cradle chair and nuzzler
two tins of chocolates (do u guys have quality street/roses?) for midwives/doula/me/dh/ds to snack on
a plug in room fragrancer (i usually burn Nag champa but the smoke has been irritating me)
baby bath sponge/grooming set
a pretty pop-up laundry basket for DD
and some bits for making fizzy bath bombs
and i treated my lovely DH to some Hobgoblin ale

oh and as i've been writing this MY BIRTH POOL LINER ARRIVED hehe yeah im all pleased with myself and feel truly spoiled rotten!

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#10 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 12:15 PM

I hear ya on the splurging. I just ordered my cloth diapers online for new baby! Woohoo! Can't wait for them to arrive in the mail!!!!!!!!!!

Also going to go buy groceries today. Not sure how I'm going to get that done. I'm hurting while walking today. After having my Pampered Chef party last night, I haven't been able to walk during the night to go pee or this morning. Hopefully it will get better. We need food in the house and I don't want to pay outrageous prices for Albertsons or Vons and delivery.

My midwife appointment yesterday didn't go so well. I arrived early before my appt time because I know they need to make copies of my gest. diab. logs and she needs to calculate them. Then 30 minutes after my appt time she walks into the room (without apologizing) and proceeds to tell me that my numbers still aren't where they need to be. She will be transferring my care to the ob's at the hospital and she has to now go call them to find out what they want to do as far as medicine goes. If I am to be put on insulin shots or increase my dose for the pills. No answer back yet, so now 2 hours after my appt time, I leave giving her my cell number. She calls much MUCH later. Not only are they increasing my dose of medicine, but requested I get another ultrasound done for a growth scan. The ultrasound they do at my NST's aren't enough information in them and they are not ultrasound techs doing them. So call them, can't get an appointment before my appointment with the new ob. So I'm on standby for a day before my appointment. In addition to the NST I go up there to do also. Not on the same day. So now, I have to go back to the midwife clinic to pick up my record so I can take it with me. I was really deflated yesterday to say the least. But picked myself up and had a great time at my party! Yay!

I'm also only 33 weeks. So I have 7 more weeks to go through all these ridiculous appointment!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#11 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 12:19 PM

I'm doing better this week..

I had a big scare last week because the amniotic fluid was really low and the baby had dropped from the 30th percentile to the 15th percentile in weight.

I was told to stop working out.. drink more fluid.. and to eat heartier foods. I've been drinking 2 gallons of water a day since then and I can feel my insides sloshing when I walk. I've also been eating way past hunger which doesn't feel great but hoping it will somehow encourage baby to eat and drink more.

I had to start fetal monitoring twice a week to see how she's doing and she's doing better. The amount of amniotic fluid tripled in 4 days so I must be doing something right.

I'll have another US on Friday to check weight. If she's maintaining at the 15th percentile or gone up then all will be well. If she's dropped my midwide wants to induce on FRIDAY (as it could be a result of her not getting enough nourishment from the single artery umbilical cord)!

Needless to say I've been running around like a crazy person trying to get prepared just in case. I've been cleaning cleaning cleaning. I've got the co-sleeper set up.. clothes washed.. and all of the absolute essentials (diapers, wipes, blankets, carrier, etc.) Today I'm taking the car seat to the fire dept to make sure it is installed properly.. Tomorrow I'm going to take pregnancy photos.. and Thursday I will get my bag packed just in case.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that she will have plumped up and I can keep going naturally.

*** 5 **** 10 **** 15 **** 20 **** 25 **** 30 **** 35 * * * 40
#12 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 PM

Yikes, virgo! I know that single umbilical artery can cause a lot of problems, I hope the u/s on Friday goes well and she's maintained or gained so she can cook a little longer!

southernmommie, sorry you're having a tough time, too!

Yay for the mini shopping spree, corban's mum! I'm anxiously awaiting dh's student loan so I can buy some stuff (and pay bills to get bill collector's off my back, UGGH!) I'm praying it comes through this week, blah.
#13 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 PM

Fingers crossed here too Virgo! Hopefully everything is looking better at the next appt.

corbans mum, that must have been fun! I love impulse buying Havn't done a lot of it since DD was born, but I'd just love to go out with some money and spend

I think my little guy is head down now. But not entirely sure. Something has changed in there anyway as I'm feeling the sharp pains on my cervix more often. Last night I was having strong BH's every 5 mins or so that would wrap around my hips. Maybe they were helping him into a better position? I dunno, but I like to think that they do something. I'd sit down and they'd go away.

Midwife on Saturday, so she'll be able to tell me what possy he is in.

I'm so tired.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#14 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 PM

Had an appointment today and was the first time I've seen a male OB. It kind of weirded me out just slightly. Not that I thought he was gonna molest me or anything, I just don't get why a guy would go into that line of work. Anyway, he felt around and thinks the baby is basically in the exact position I thought it was - hanging out on my left side, head down, butt up by my left ribs, feet in my right ribs. I still can't believe we're so close to the end now and that big ole baby is gonna have to come out.

Virgo and southernmommie, sorry you're having such stress! Healthy baby vibes to both of you!

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
#15 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 05:25 PM

fingers crossed for you virgo! bake baby bake oh oh and if ur not a veggy try eating loadsa fish, apparently there is something in it that increases birth weight (i read and article about a mama who craved prawns and stuff when she was pg and birthed a 13lber....her previous babies had all been average and the docs put it down to something in the fish :idk)

CHERRY/MELLY it felt great to spend i have to admit, we've been on a super tight budget recently (to the point that DH stressed at me for buying a 20p ice pop lol) and i was getting really stressed, but FINALLY the money from the car crash i was in way back at 7 weeks pg came thru. not a massive sum but enough to warrant a spree and allow DH to take a week of paternity leave without us starving

position is bugging me, her little head has popped out of engagement and everytime it tries to go back down it causes me SEVERE pain in my hips and across the entire belt of muscles along the front, like im splitting it's so sore. i think she's just trying to find her exit route now she has a bigger head, worries me a little but i keep telling myself "her head WILL mould it WILL fit back down whether it's LOP LOA LOT OP or blooming sideways!!!" haha

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#16 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 05:25 PM

That's a great position for baby Kallyn Male OB's weird me out too. I have a not too nice opinion on why they'd choose that profession

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#17 of 85 Old 09-14-2010, 08:53 PM

Not to be terribly whiny here, but I feel really crappy lately. ;-P This is worrying me a little, but there is nothing concrete going on. I think part of it may be my job, which is pretty strenuous (I do home visits as a social worker-- it has been hot, I do longish shifts without easy access to a bathroom, etc.) I am cutting my hours after this week and hoping I will see a change in how I feel. Having lots of contractions and bad rib pain-- s/he has their bottom wedged in there pretty good.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#18 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 04:59 AM

Kallyn and Melly---I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks a guy going into the OB/GYN field is weird lol. I had my first-ever visit with a male practitioner last week. I've seen a female family practice doc for well-visits and physicals my entire life, and a midwife for GYN stuff. And so far during pregnancy I've seen a nurse-midwife at the hospital and my homebirth midwives. But, I was scheduled for a prenatal and blood draw for Rh antibodies at the hospital at 1:20 pm...I thought it was at 1:30 pm, and they said that I had to reschedule since I was late. So I had to reschedule for the next day with a male OB instead of my lovely nurse-midwife (who was booked for 2 weeks). Anyhow, it went fine...but it still creeped me out a bit. Thankfully it was a typical 5 minute OB appointment

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#19 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 05:02 AM

annemarie

you by noo way sound whiney, sheesh all i do on here is moan haha, i salute all you mamas who are still working, i was a residential nurse working 12 hour night shifts with end-stage dementia/frail elderly clients at the beginning of the pg, i gave it up at like 13 weeks haha

mostly because i caught a nasty winter vomiting bug and it knocked my butt into hospital, scared me a little, plus a few of them have MRSA/hepatitis etc etc so not really safe *sigh* i miss them all but yeah i look in the mirror now and think - naaa no way could i still work that job with a belly like this, too much manual lifting etc

but then i kinda feel glad it wasnt suitable to pregnancy.....cuz ive got a great excuse to stay home and eat pie

#20 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the good vibes ladies!

corban's mum - Really? Ok.. I'm going to eat salmon until it's coming out of my nose for the next 2 days!

kallyn - I totally get it.. I think that would have weirded me out a bit too. My little one is in the same position as yours but she's on the right side. As long as she stays head down and bake's as long as possible though I guess I can't complain.

Annemarie42 - I had a non stress test yesterday and they saw some cramping on the monitor and said I have to stop anything stressfull and no more cleaning, lifting, or really any physical activity other than walking so hopefully you can reduce your hours and it will help you too.

CherryBomb - Crossing my fingers that you get that check quickly!

#21 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 AM

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?p...e=news&dbid=28

i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, im scared baby will be HUGE, im measuring two weeks ahead and all ive done this whole pg is pig out on fish to the maximum safe amount limit every week hhaaha i love it! i was 10lb 1 at birth, ds was 8lb 12 and im 5ft 9 tall so i have a sneaking feeling this baby is gonna be a 9lb+ side-splitter haha

funny though - im measuring ahead and yet everyone comments on how i only look 7 months gone max..... weird how u can measure big but be small.... hmm.....

#22 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Good morning. I have my non stress test this morning. Last week went well. Although when they strapped me and tilted my chair back, I *almost* had a panic attack. I had to drink something and start reading my book to sidetrack my mind like right away. I'm hoping I will be use to it this time and not go through that again. Good news is that at my midwife appt on monday, I was measuring exactly on my week and not ahead. Hubby thinks I'm not going to due date. He predicts about 38ish weeks.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#23 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

I honestly am not so patient with this one, my last baby was a month and a day over & I have NO clue how I was so patient with him. This time I just want to get done with work next week & I want him to get here & get it over with! I told my husband if he isn't here by his birthday (10/18) that I'll be really considering some natural induction.

Mrs. (28) Wife to the Mr. (26) Mama to K (10g) & J (5b). Expecting #3 10/10. Hoping for a HBA2C.
#24 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?p...e=news&dbid=28

i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, im scared baby will be HUGE, im measuring two weeks ahead and all ive done this whole pg is pig out on fish to the maximum safe amount limit every week hhaaha i love it! i was 10lb 1 at birth, ds was 8lb 12 and im 5ft 9 tall so i have a sneaking feeling this baby is gonna be a 9lb+ side-splitter haha

funny though - im measuring ahead and yet everyone comments on how i only look 7 months gone max..... weird how u can measure big but be small.... hmm.....
I've been measuring right on from the beginning, my other 2 always measured big so I am hoping this one will be smaller than them or at least about the size of my smaller of the 2, lol.

#25 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM

well with ds i measured waaay ahead the whole time, with this one i measured two weeks behind until 35 weeks them BAM now im measuring 2 weeks ahead. weird

i think it may be because the past few times theyve tape measured me DD has had her feet stretched out and her head dis-engaged, it's the most uncomfortable (for me) position she gets in and i cant breathe, when i've tape measured at home when she is more settled she normally measures only 1 cm over max

#26 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 12:23 PM

ooh and BIRTHNUT if you dont mind me asking....a month and a day overdue!? sheesh i'd be using a crowbar to wedge her out by 42 weeks lmao

#27 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 12:34 PM

I saw that NP at my OB's office today, SO glad to there instead of the clinic! 3x as fast and everyone is so much nicer. Anyway, baby looks great, definitely head down and settled in, she said it would take a lot of work for him to flip around. Swabbed for the group B and did a check, not dilated, of course (I know I can refuse internals, but I don't mind, once I start dilating at least it helps me feel like I might actually have a baby some day, haha). She told me to bring my birth plan next week when I see the OB and they'll put a copy in my chart so that way if I get stuck with who ever is on call they'll know everything has already been discussed and okayed by my OB. Not concerned though, I had a birth plan last time with the same hospital and OB and practice and everyone was great with it. So anyway, I'll find out next week at my appt what the GBS result was. Visits every week from here on out, !
#28 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
Good morning. I have my non stress test this morning. Last week went well. Although when they strapped me and tilted my chair back, I *almost* had a panic attack. I had to drink something and start reading my book to sidetrack my mind like right away. I'm hoping I will be use to it this time and not go through that again. Good news is that at my midwife appt on monday, I was measuring exactly on my week and not ahead. Hubby thinks I'm not going to due date. He predicts about 38ish weeks.
That's EXACTLY how I am during my non stress tests too. I get nervous for some reason. Yesterday I brought crackers and water to snack on and played Solitaire on my phone and it helped a lot!

#29 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 PM
hyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post
[url]funny though - im measuring ahead and yet everyone comments on how i only look 7 months gone max..... weird how u can measure big but be small.... hmm.....
I've been measuring right on track this whole time, but just this week and last week I've had people at work ask, "hey, are you pregnant?" One of the people who asked last week was a secretary who sits right by the elevators and coffee room, so I must walk past her at least 6-8 times a day, every day, throughout this entire pregnancy. She said, "I didn't even notice until this week, you must've just popped." Uh, yeah, I guess. lol. But I'm tall, like you (5'8") and on top of that I have a long torso, so there was plenty of room for the uterus to grow up before it grew out. I definitely don't *look* 8-9 months pregnant in a stereotypical way.

As for patience, I'm sooo ready to be done with work for now, I'm still burning the candle at both ends and I'd like a break. On the other hand, I'm not ready for the baby to come (so much left to do!), so I'm not impatient for that yet.

The good news here is that baby flipped head down almost a week ago, and (knock on wood) has stayed that way so far! Everytime he starts wiggling, though, I start to worry he's going to flip back to breech, but so far he's behaving himself. DH and I pretty much settled on a name this weekend (yay!) and we had a nice meeting with our doula this week. Most of the construction we were having done on our house is complete, so we can now start getting things in order and getting the baby's nursery ready. DH finished the major exam he had been studying so much for, and he thinks it went ok (won't know the results for a couple weeks). And I'm still feeling pretty good, only slightly huge and narcoleptic. So, things are shaping up ok. I just totally can't believe that this baby is going to be here in about a month (my EDD is the 15th). That blows my mind. With DD, the pregnancy seemed to drag on FOR-EV-ER, but this time it feels like I just got pregnant a little while ago and it couldn't possibly be almost October already.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#30 of 85 Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 PM

Just got back from my 37 week appointment. No group B strep! I'm very relieved about that. Baby's still head-down and wiggling around a lot. I'm getting so freaking excited to meet this little person that it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. S/He's been bouncing on my cervix and bladder a lot this past week--makes it interesting when I'm trying to carry on a conversation with someone at the same time!

9/2011 items decluttered

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page