"surely it cant be long now because...."thread LOL - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
feel free to add ur symptoms LOL

was in l+d last night because i wanted to get urine/bp etc checked out as i've got MASSIVE odema...seriously the swelling is so bad i can't wear anything but pj bottoms and i can't wear socks cuz they just don't fit over my huge hooves.

turns out my bp is a little higher than normal for me but not dangerously and only have a trace of protein

had another concern than im drinking upwards of 4 litres and still thirsty, but not peeing very much so im on charts at home measuring my urinary output *sigh*

so.... im HOPING that

the slight raise in BP
constant BH
the fact that my persistantly posterior daughter has now swung round to LOA and engaged to 2/5 palpable
shooting nerve twinges down my inner thighs and hips
constant urge to poop but inability to go
sunddenly leaking boobies with new dark patches on

could mean that SURELY IT CAN'T BE THAT LONG UNTIL SHE'S HERE?!?!?!?! SURREEEEELLLLYYY *BEGS ON HANDS AND KNEES*

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#2 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
TMI...Surely it can be long now because I've got the runs so bad I can barely leave the house!

Oh never mind, it's because of all the Maalox I'm guzzling - not early labour. Hrmph.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#3 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Corban's Mum - sorry to hear about the odema. I hope you can stay comfortable and just take it day by day. After all, it can't be long now!!! (says she ducking to dodge a swing to the head!!! )

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#4 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm just generally miserable and sick of being pregnant, so it can't be long, right? RIGHT???
#5 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

im not quite at the "swinging for people" stage yet luckily

my MW just turned up for a surprise visit (hoping to catch me off-guard i think) to do the homebirth assessment/risk assessment/logistical plan for on the day

she was soooo lovely and impressed by the house and layout of everything here, which was nice because i've worked hard since moving into the house two months ago to get it all decorated and then all the birth stuff ready- birth kit/pool etc etc food for mw's/arranging for use of ours and the neighbours driveways for easy access and generally keeping the place freakishly sterile- felt good to have my efforts noticed

so although she meant to only stay for two minutes to suss it out and drop off paperwork, she ended up staying for 45 mins, a cuppa and filled out all the paperwork with me. she also got out the doppler and had a listen plus she palpated my belly and since last night baby has gone from LOA 2 OR 3 fifths palpable to LOA fixed and ready to launch

she also confirmed what they said last night that this baby is of "average size" which just makes me wanna go and find that mw who said baby was "frank breech and 9lbs already" at 34 weeks and give her a stern talking to.... lol

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#6 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

aww cherry! i was DONE with being preggo at like 30 weeks but im kinda liking it more now i know it can't be much longer...because it just hit me this is my last baby! i'll never be preggo again! so i'd better enjoy it....

but yeah i want my baby more than i wanna enjoy the rest of the preg so i do hope it's any second now.... lol

#7 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 AM

It can't be long now because I've basically just consented to be induced in about two weeks (maybe a few days longer). So, seriously, it can't be long now.

I'm about to post a separate thread about this if anyone wants to chime in

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
#8 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 02:39 PM

It can't be long now because...I just lost my mucous plug Woo Hoo!!
#9 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 03:20 PM

It can't be long now because:

My maternity YOGA pants are feeling a bit snug, lol.

I can tell that I have a while to go because I'm hitting that so tired stage, like the first trimester.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#10 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 04:09 PM

having contractions all day, night, in bath, out of bath, with water, changing positions, while sleeping, everything. Just not close together. Felt nauseas today. Belly is lower and much harder this morning. I couldn't even make it all the way to the school this morning to drop the kids off. I made it almost there before having to turn back around. (Luckily I walk with my neighbor and she took them the rest of the way.) Having poopy feelings.
Only thing is, I'm only 33 weeks. I'll be 34 tomorrow. Isn't that still too early?!?!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#11 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 04:35 PM

I hope it's at least 2 more weeks but......
I have been losing my mucus plug since last week and had the bloody show last week as well
Vagina almost aching constantly because of the pressure and is swollen.
Woke up today exhausted with a belly that was hard and hurt (maybe it wasn't really well supported while i slept??)
Back aches with shooting pains in thighs by the end of the night even though i'm on bedrest and not moving. I'm still on procardia and have been having bh? contractions constantly b.c of an irritable uterus so those aren't a good indicator for me.
I'm 35 weeks today!!!! so hopefully i can make it two more weeks. (although that blood show really bothers me)
#12 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriberi_00 View Post
It can't be long now because...I just lost my mucous plug Woo Hoo!!
How exciting!
#13 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 09:18 PM

My 3 year old DS keeps telling everyone that the baby is coming on Tuesday and he gets to be a big brother that day.

There has been no mention or suggestion by anyone else that she is coming on Tuesday. I will be mildly freaked out if he's right!
#14 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieBird View Post
TMI...Surely it can be long now because I've got the runs so bad I can barely leave the house!

Oh never mind, it's because of all the Maalox I'm guzzling - not early labour. Hrmph.
so it's the maalox! i had no idea...

surely it can't be long now because the skirts i've been living in for months are finally starting to get snug, and people are actually starting to ask if baby is here yet! what?! the pressures on already? but, i still have 2 1/2 weeks. omg, i only have 2 1/2 weeks...
#15 of 45 Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 PM

and surely it can't be long now because dh is getting awfully giddy w/ excitement in my presence the last few days. sure, he's imagining the sweetness of a soft, pink little newborn that'll make his world stand still--me, i'm not quite on that page yet because i'm a little preoccupied w/ BIRTH atm.
#16 of 45 Old 09-17-2010, 01:40 AM

Because I feel like my abdomen is one giant endless Braxton-Hicks contraction and I've been crocheting little baby hats like some kind of insane person, compulsively almost.

Because I can no longer tie my own shoes.

Because if this baby drops any lower I'm going to have an arm hanging out of my cervix.

Because being pregnant with a toddler and an absent, out-of-town husband has been one of the hardest things I've ever done and I am so, so, so ready to finish this chapter in the book of my life.

But...

I'm not due until the 22nd, and I went to 41+1 with DS. So I'm trying not to think about it. The crocheting helps with that.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#17 of 45 Old 09-17-2010, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusma View Post
and surely it can't be long now because dh is getting awfully giddy w/ excitement in my presence the last few days. sure, he's imagining the sweetness of a soft, pink little newborn that'll make his world stand still--me, i'm not quite on that page yet because i'm a little preoccupied w/ BIRTH atm.
phew im glad it's not just me! im so preoccupied with "the birthing" that i've not really thought much about having a little newborn afterwards!

DH is all "awww i can't wait to wear my little girl, kiss her little head etc etc"

im just reasearch reasearch visualise visualise, nest nest, buy buy cry cry

surely it can't be long now because i reached breaking point last night. im SO swollen i can't move much, went to supermarket and couldnt walk (ok i shuffle not walk) for the PGP and couldnt sleep ALL NIGHT because it hurt, when i moved to get comfy all my SI joints made loud cracks and i just sat up at midnight bawling my heart out praying for labour.... darn it im not even 38 weeks until sunday...........HELP

#18 of 45 Old 09-17-2010, 09:51 AM

DDCC ~ Surely it can't be long now because....November has its first baby!!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#19 of 45 Old 09-17-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post
phew im glad it's not just me! im so
surely it can't be long now because i reached breaking point last night. im SO swollen i can't move much, went to supermarket and couldnt walk (ok i shuffle not walk) for the PGP and couldnt sleep ALL NIGHT because it hurt, when i moved to get comfy all my SI joints made loud cracks and i just sat up at midnight bawling my heart out praying for labour.... darn it im not even 38 weeks until sunday...........HELP

s to you corban's mum! So many s! I have had to have DH turn on the lights, roll me over, and pull my legs away from me (bring the joints back together and give me traction, basically) in the middle of the night. PGP/SPD is miserable.

I'm 38 weeks on Saturday (tomorrow!). Hoping I only have about a week left...

#20 of 45 Old 09-17-2010, 12:22 PM

...because if i get any grouchier my children and husband are going to move out

...because my children have been watching WAY too much television

...because i told the baby this morning how much more room there is out there and surely it's going to listen to me, right?

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#21 of 45 Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
DDCC ~ Surely it can't be long now because....November has its first baby!!
oh lord! (I hope the baby is doing well!!)

Quote:
im just reasearch reasearch visualise visualise, nest nest, buy buy cry cry
um yeah.....me too

cant be long now.....my work is having a baby shower for me today and I go on maternity leave in 2 weeks

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
#22 of 45 Old 09-17-2010, 01:11 PM

poor corban'smum. (((hugs)))
#23 of 45 Old 09-17-2010, 10:03 PM

Because my uterus is nearly as irritable as I am...

...3/4 of my blood seems to be in my belly as I can no longer form coherent thoughts or sit for more than 15 minutes without becoming lightheaded

...I can't tell the difference between having to poop and having a head in my pelvis.

I'm only 34 weeks, but I do remember feeling like this for the last 6 weeks of my previous pregnancy so I guess it's just par for the course.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#24 of 45 Old 09-18-2010, 12:06 AM

Well, this is going to be a bit graphic, but where else can I complain about this stuff?! Anyway, this baby must be coming soon because the swelling downstairs has reached the point where the labial varicosity that I have developed has started bleeding. My ob tried to tell me that they do not usually bleed, but after seeing it she agreed that it was traumatized. Yeah, so am I! So, not only do I have hemorrhoids now, I have this thing.... So, I think the baby has to come out or the pressure is going to make my hooha explode.

Tara
#25 of 45 Old 09-18-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralv View Post
Well, this is going to be a bit graphic, but where else can I complain about this stuff?! Anyway, this baby must be coming soon because the swelling downstairs has reached the point where the labial varicosity that I have developed has started bleeding. My ob tried to tell me that they do not usually bleed, but after seeing it she agreed that it was traumatized. Yeah, so am I! So, not only do I have hemorrhoids now, I have this thing.... So, I think the baby has to come out or the pressure is going to make my hooha explode.

Tara
I have one of those. It hasn't bled but it has completely ruined sex for me. Boo!

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#26 of 45 Old 09-18-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralv View Post

Tara

seriously, that is NOT cool

#27 of 45 Old 09-18-2010, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePie View Post
s to you corban's mum! So many s! I have had to have DH turn on the lights, roll me over, and pull my legs away from me (bring the joints back together and give me traction, basically) in the middle of the night. PGP/SPD is miserable.

I'm 38 weeks on Saturday (tomorrow!). Hoping I only have about a week left...
s thanks pie

that sounds like a useful tip! roll you over onto what... ur side or back? and pull ur legs in which direction?? lol sounds a bit frisky to me but MAN i'll try ANYTHING right now haha

#28 of 45 Old 09-18-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
s thanks pie

that sounds like a useful tip! roll you over onto what... ur side or back? and pull ur legs in which direction?? lol sounds a bit frisky to me but MAN i'll try ANYTHING right now haha
hahaha. He rolls me onto my back while he holds my legs together at the knees. -- he hooks his arm behind my knees.

Then he pulls in his direction - so, straight away from my body (he's at the foot of the bed).

I need a picture. It's definitely not frisky. ha!

Another thing that helps when I'm shifting positions is contracting my abdominals. For me, it's specifically my left side, because that side is much weaker and looser. I have to really consciously NOT arch my back - which is my natural response to the pain, but actually makes it worse.

My chiropractor worked with me for probably 30 minutes to figure out what sorts of things would relieve my pain and let me get in and out of bed without screaming.

Good thing it was the end of the day, because I was literally breaking out with screams and yelps and crying (that day, the pain was the worst it has been this pregnancy)

#29 of 45 Old 09-19-2010, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

yeah im gonna get dh to do that to me sounds good! when i roll out of bed at night i squeal and click and crunch....at least 5 times a night...and DH woke up this mornin' and said to me "aww baby you slept well last night i didnt hear you get up...." ARGH he's just gotten too used to me getting up and just doesnt hear it anymore *sigh*

#30 of 45 Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 AM

Diarrhea starting yesterday evening. Waking up at 3:30 (to pee, what else?), then laying awake thinking of all the things I need to clean, and then contractions. They weren't serious but I definitely knew they were there.

Of course this could all be from having a really long, stressful day yesterday

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page