36 weeks and blood in urine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just went pee and there was blood in the urine in the toilet and on the TP. Yikes! After doing a quick google, it seems like it could be nothing, or it could be something. What do you think? Do I need to get it checked out or can I just leave it be and assume it's normal?
#2 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 07:21 PM

Is the blood coming from your vagina or your urethra?

If there's enough blood actually in your URINE that you can see it and see it on the toilet paper, I'd call the doctor immediately.

If it's vaginal, I think I'd still call, just because you aren't quite term.

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
#3 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM

I would find out where its coming from and call you Dr.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#4 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 07:54 PM

DDCC ... is it your mucus plug ... if it is in the urine it could be a UTI.
#5 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Blood in urine can be a sign of something serious, I'd call your hpc just to be safe! Most likely UTI, but it can also indicate kidney or bladder stones.
#6 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

I am pretty sure it's in my urine, just a little. I do think it is probably a UTI because for a few days, I had this odd odor and I was worried about UTI, but it went away, only to come back today, when I first had the blood in the urine. Well, that's my uneducated guess. I do have a play date with a doctor-friend tomorrow (or I should say my children do, lol) and I can go to a clinic and get my urine tested tomorrow, just in case, I suppose.

I am pretty sure about my dates and I don't think it is my mucus plug, it really seems to be urine. Also, I never EVER go into labor early, so I just can't even believe that that would be it.

The baby feels fine, is moving around like crazy in there and otherwise, I feel fine and am just resting. DH had to run out for an emergency at work, and I am just going to relax tonight and see what's up by the morning.

If it were kidney or bladder stones, they couldn't do anything anyway, right? Except maybe give me antibiotics and wait for me to pass them, right?

Thanks for all of the input so far!
#7 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 PM

I think the worrying possibility would be an infection spreading to your kidneys. Something you really don't want. While you're waiting to see a doctor you can start treating by drinking unsweetened cranberry juice and tons of water. You can also start taking a probiotic if you aren't already. I would still see a doctor though. Blood in the urine can be serious.

I hope it turns out not to be though!

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#8 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, thanks, Eresh. I told Dh to bring me unsweetened cranberry juice on his way home, and I do have probiotics so I will make sure to take them religiously tonight. I will also go get checked out tomorrow, even though I hate that! LOL! You're right, I certainly don't want this to become something bad, if it's not. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page