Not ready! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone else reassure me that bloody show doesn't mean imminent labor. Today's my first day home from work (with my son in preschool) and I'm not due for two more weeks. I was so looking forward to having some quiet time by myself, and I'm just not feeling ready. Or maybe I'm still in denial about going through childbirth again. With my son, spotting began about two days before serious labor, but I've already seen my blood-tinged discharge than I did last time. Deep breath. Thanks for your support!

Julie, mom to Ansel (Sept '07) and Amalia (Sept '10)
#2 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 02:05 PM

Well, I'd be doing my best to stay well rested if I were in your shoes (and I was last time) and take care of any last items that HAVE to be done before the baby arrives. Still, I believe all it means is your cervix is changing and it's more likely to change well before labor if you've had a child before. I know exactly what you mean, though. Today is my first day off work and DS is still in daycare this entire week. I NEED my me time to de-stress!

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#3 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM

I had mine almost 2 weeks ago. Granted i'm on bed rest and meds to stop labor so maybe that is why I haven't gone yet but still. There is hoping it means nothing.
#4 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 02:24 PM

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#5 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 10:18 PM

With DS, bloody show came right before he did... I feel your pain as today was my last day of work and I'm really needing some me time too. Like a whole week of it! However, i'm well aware that as soon as we de-stress and relax, the baby pops out.

Married 16 yrs to DH, DS (3/06) x4 (11/04) (3/08) (3/09) (8/09)
DD born 9/24/2010 :
#6 of 7 Old 09-21-2010, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone - and Eresh, I hope you get some rest alone at home too! The colored discharge stopped all day, came back in the evening, and then just a tiny amount today, so I'm still hopeful I have a few more days. At the same time, I had big plans for cooking/freezing that I've down-scaled in order to get some rest. And I made it to my dentist and hair appointments today, at least, which I know is no big deal but still... nice to check off my list.

Julie, mom to Ansel (Sept '07) and Amalia (Sept '10)
#7 of 7 Old 09-21-2010, 03:17 PM

I hope you're able to get everything done you want to get done before labour starts...and that you get some rest!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page