Something Good - Daily Positivities to Get us Through! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2010, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow.. so jealous of the sleep!!! I've been waking up every half hour..
something good the hubs has been working from home 4 days a week, I love having him near me

Happily married, crunchy mama crazy in love with our little man, Bam bam (10/5/10) due aug 2014 with our rainbow bean missing our 3 angel babies (9/09, 7/12, 12/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 01:10 PM

A good nights sleep is SO positive!!!

I'm trying to stay out of our super comfy recliner couch chairs because I'm afraid Gavin is posterior but I can't totally tell so I'm playing it safe. I DO NOT want awful back labor again so I'm sitting on my birth ball and directly on the floor, hoping he'll get into a good position. But I do know they can be a wonderfully comfy place to sleep - very tempting!!!

I woke up and posted a huge whine on facebook so let's see if I can find something positive for today...

I know! We are 100% totally ready for baby now .. I've packed my hospital bag, installed the carseat, washed all clothing and diapers and everything is ready for Gavin to get here. His nursery looks great, all we need is our baby. That's very comforting.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 09-23-2010, 03:45 PM

My body is an ENDORPHIN MACHINE! I've stayed in good shape during this pregnancy, and let me tell you, there is NOTHING like the endorphin high of a workout during the last few weeks of pregnancy. (Well, nothing except natural childbirth!) I woke up with my usual excruciating hip pain, and after 15 minutes of sweating on the elliptical I was in heaven. Extra thank goodnesses for free childcare at the YMCA!

Now for a nap. (That's another thing to be grateful for--DD still takes a nice, long nap every afternoon.)
Old 09-23-2010, 06:14 PM

Here's mine:

I'm so grateful for how well I sleep! Before pregnancy I wasn't much of a sleeper and I hated naps. Now, I enjoy naps on the weekends and I only wake up every 3 hours to pee. I sleep great! I hope that continues the next 5 weeks.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 09-23-2010, 07:35 PM

After 2 months of our house being listed, we finally get a showing.... when I am 37 weeks pg. I was really scrambling to get the house cleaned today when a friend called me up and asked if I needed help. She helped me finish cleaning up just in the nick of time.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
Old 09-24-2010, 12:36 PM

Hope your showing goes well Melissa! What an awesome friend to help you clean.

I just got back from an OB appt where I let him do an internal - My cervix is soft and 1cm dilated. Woo hoo. I know it means very little, but at this point, hearing soft and 1cm makes me feel great and hopeful.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 PM

My Something Good for today is even though we have left it for ages to book the birth pool from our local birth centre (they lend it out for free for homebirths), it is still available!

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome that the pool is still available, Melly! Sometimes things just work out!

Mine is that DP has been really thoughtful and wonderful lately. Last night I noticed our nice camera bag sitting downstairs in the foyer, and I asked her if she was doing a photoshoot or something at work. She said no, that she just wanted to make sure she could grab it quickly on the way to the hospital.

She also stopped at the store a couple of days ago and picked up some great things for our hospital bag, without any prompting. Yummy Burt's Bees shampoo, conditioner, body bar, almond hand cream, chapstick, and even Lansinoh soothies and nursing pads! Oh, and a giant carton of goldfish.

She's amazing.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Yesterday - The 10-day weather forecast included my due date!!! Yay!!

Today - SIL and her boyfriend are in town from CA for a wedding this weekend; they're coming over for dinner tonight with MIL and FIL. MIL is bringing ALL the food, and said she'll clean everything up, so DP and I don't have to do anything but enjoy our family's company... likely for the last time without a grandaughter/niece added to the mix!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:32 PM

Mine for today.....I finally updated my Blog

(its been like 2 months....I need to take some pointers from Lyndzies )

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
Old 09-29-2010, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Olivia, the diapers and clothes look great!!

I'm having a hard time thinking of positive thoughts today! I really want an October baby, so I suppose that's a good reason to still be pregnant If he does come in October (which I'm sure he will!) we'll have bdays in July, August, September, and October, which I just thinking is cool!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:13 PM

Thanks Cherry!

and here's a second for October Babies.....We really are the best

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 PM

My positive today.....Its my last day of work!!!!!

Soooo excited to be at this point.....packing up my office, and going home today to stay!!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's great olivia!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:47 PM

DD made me LOL this morning, has made the whole day better so far. She looked at my belly, yelled "Baby James get out" and then pushed hard on it and said "pop" and then continued to do it until I made it stop cause it was hurting. Thats a whole new take on popping out a baby!

O and tomorrow is 37 weeks for me, so

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 PM

I had a really bad night last night and this morning. Then I went to lunch with my sister and to goodwill where I found some super cute clothes for my daughter and some jazzy halloween socks for the baby. I only spent 3 dollars and it made my day! I also made my "positive vibes" necklace from the beads my family gave me. It turned out so cute and I cannot wait to get a clasp on it and wear it (hopefully) during the birth.

Waiting, not so patiently, to meet our new addition this October

User Tag List