Do you have random urges to bear down / push? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Is this normal? For the last several evenings, I have felt the urge to bear down whenever I'm squatting (on the toilet, crouched to play with DS or to pick something up, etc). It feels great to push for a few minutes then it goes away. It doesn't seem to coincide with a contraction, though I am having plenty of strong BHs. It also has nothing to do with my bowels, which are free and clear thanks to the Maalox cocktail I sip frequently to keep my reflux and indigestion at bay.

I don't remember having this with DS. Is it my body gearing up or practicing like with BH? I can't feel baby's head either from outside palpitations or inside but MW told me he's very low as all she could palpate was shoulders. I also can't identify my cervix at all - everything's just all soft and squishy in there. I haven't been checked for dilation though I'm so tempted to ask at my next apt (not till Oct 1).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah i get that urge, feels kinda like im about to take a giant BM and i get shooting pains in my tendons round my hips etc like she's about to fall out. apparently pretty common in second time mommas

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Old 09-24-2010, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do as well but its usually accompanied with cervical twinges (im pretty sure im dilating at this point not sure how much) frankly it feels like I need to poop but I know its not that but sitting on the toilet feels better.

User Tag List