renewed vigor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where are these urges coming from. Today I woke up and suddenly wanted to start canning. Like some Applebutter, applesause, spaghetti sauce with meat. I want to start a garden. (yes, its fall...) I feel like I'm getting back to my roots. All the stuff my grandmother did! Although she didn't line dry her clothes. I started doing that (again) a couple of weeks ago. Started using more natural cleaning products. Where is this transformation coming from?? I'm okay with it though.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 PM

Send it my way! I don't have that vibe at all.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#3 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 04:59 PM

I'm waiting for mine to come back, every now and then I get some, but not like right before DD was born. Hope it comes back before DS arrives.

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#4 of 12 Old 09-24-2010, 09:20 AM

Oh, me too. I've been obsessed with clearing all the dead grass from our backyard and I want to reseed and get all the weeds cleaned out and clear out old/broken furniture and toys, etc... and I normally could not care less about yardwork. DH is travelling every week for work, plus going to school so he has no time to do anything but mow every few weeks or so, and with the late summer/early fall weather here being so hot and rainy, everything is growing wild (accept the dead patches of grass that our dogs created). I know this is a nesting thing, but I am so driven that I have to be careful not to hurt myself (or this poor creature inside of me).

Tara
#5 of 12 Old 09-24-2010, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

I just rearranged our entire living room (with help from a neighbor friend). I can't hardly walk now because I'm so sore in the hips. And I didn't even do any of the heavy moving. And I wanted to do our back room too, but that might have to wait until this weekend or next week.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#6 of 12 Old 09-25-2010, 09:42 AM

Well, I'm feeling pretty sore today, too. I spent a few hours yesterday evening in the backyard raking all of the dead grass/weeds and putting down seed, etc... my oldest daugher (9 yrs) helped a lot, but I definitely overdid it. DH thinks I'm crazy - it is a form of insanity, I think - but I just HAD to do it!

Tara
#7 of 12 Old 09-25-2010, 12:00 PM

I can relate. I just weeded my front garden.
#8 of 12 Old 09-25-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

I know. It's hard to explain. It just HAS to be done and NOW!! Today, DH and I are going to tackle our back room. I want to set up the birth pool there and get it set up with the kids toys and the TV. We're taking the couch out of the room. DH wants to chunk it. I love it, but it doesn't have any back cushions. The kids don't care. But he's right. It needs to be done with. Only thing is, DD 11mo. is teething her top 4 teeth at once and has a massive runny nose and is fussy today. I may have to strap her to my back today and carry her around. I sure hope she gets feeling better. Teething is no fun for babies. Their little mouths hurt.

m/c '97 and in '03

#9 of 12 Old 09-25-2010, 10:07 PM

It's so hard to have a little one teething when all you want to do is move stuff and clean stuff and prepare stuff, etc... I was so glad that my 2.5 year old was willing to play outside yesterday while I was working, but I paid the price! I wasn't paying very close attention to what she was doing and she got into the grass seeds and poured them in her hair and then it looked like she maybe rolled in dirt/sand/unknown material. So, needless to say she was a project in and of herself just to clean her up. But an unhappy baby is much harder because she probably just wants you to hold her. I hope those teeth come through soon and she feels better.

tara
#10 of 12 Old 09-26-2010, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm going to try giving her some Chamomille tea today and see if that helps. She isn't as clingy today so far. She's napping right now. It was hard yesterday. I had to break out my wrap and wear her on my back off and on yesterday. Try that with a big belly. I had to youtube some videos on how to do it. Lol. I bet I was a sight to see by all the neighbors yesterday with her on my back!!

m/c '97 and in '03

#11 of 12 Old 09-26-2010, 06:18 PM

I've started to feel a lot of pressure to get stuff done, too, even though my due date is still a few weeks off. But it's kind of nice-- clothing is clean, carseat is installed-- now I am hoping I can cook and do some cleaning chores before the wee one arrives.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#12 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Actually, I'm not due until the 23rd of October, and everyone keeps saying "oh, you are going to go early...". That is just not going to happen. I always get like this way before the baby makes an appearance. And I always go late - like a week late. So, I'm not sure why it happens around the 36/37 week mark, but it does. I just get all obsessed with getting things done. My husband was joking about me installing the car seat, but with our vehicle it was quite a trick to figure out where the other two car seats would go, and who would sit next to who. Thank goodness my oldest is out of a car seat. I had to do it before I got too big to fit in our back seat (LOL). Anyway, the one thing that I should do but do NOT feel like doing is preparing some meals to freeze. That would be so much more practical than a reseeded lawn, but I just can't bring myself to do it. On the bright side, the new grass seed has already begun to sprout, and for some reason that makes me very happy.

Tara

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page