how many october HBAC/UBAC'rs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-24-2010, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
....i know of myself, melly and birthnut

just wondered how many more (if any) of us there are? or if you've had one before- what was it like afterwards? was it as great as it feels like it will be to me?

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 09:09 AM

i had really wanted to and met with a hb mw early on in the pregnancy. i just didnt click with her and it didnt feel right. the other hb mw doesnt do primary vbacs at home. i really liked her. then we found out it was twins!!
so -- in my heart i really wanted to hbac but it ended up that it wasnt the best decision this pregnancy. if i do vbac these babies, i hope my future births will be at home
Old 09-24-2010, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

i personally wouldnt try to HBAC twins (though ive heard of it b4), but yeah i'd give VBAC a go... and if you end up with C/S then you can always give HBA2C a go lol

it all boils down to doing what truly is the safest option for our babies, for your circumstances that seems like hospital, for me it's safer for to labour at home (consulatant actually weighed up all the factors in my case and agreed with that) isnt it just crazy that stats show its safter to VBAC and yet we're treated like ticking time bombs lol

if i had any complications or special circumstances then i'd VBAC, and will be happy to transfer n jump right up on that OR table and lay back n think of england - should it be the best thing for my daughter on the day.

im just soo excited about birthing day i cant wait.

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Old 09-24-2010, 10:07 AM

DDCC

I was "due" Monday (and wonder if I'll make it October before this baby comes lol) and I'm an HBA2C.

Good luck to fellow HBACers!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I'm not having a HBAC or a UBAC, but it will be my second VBA2C.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattygirl99 View Post
DDCC

I was "due" Monday (and wonder if I'll make it October before this baby comes lol) and I'm an HBA2C.

Good luck to fellow HBACers!
goodluck and elv's to you

cherrybomb how was it? and how did you overcome ur "fears"? i remember vaguely that ur vba2c was an especially big leap-of-faith so to speak due to what happened with ur DD, what helped u get in the right midnframe or did it just kick in when labour started?

Old 09-24-2010, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post

cherrybomb how was it? and how did you overcome ur "fears"? i remember vaguely that ur vba2c was an especially big leap-of-faith so to speak due to what happened with ur DD, what helped u get in the right midnframe or did it just kick in when labour started?
Yeah, my dd2 had been a planned hbac, but the labor was horrible and she was in distress, then we found out she had a massive stroke at some point in the pregnancy. I definitely had a lot of fear about if I was making the right decision or not. Eventually I just had to "give it up" to God and know that I was doing everything I could to make sure things came out differently, and the rest was up to Him. Having an OB I trusted and a great doula (who had been my midwife for dd2) was a big help, too. I still second guessed myself, but I think I would have even if I had planned to repeat c/s. In the end it went off perfectly, so I really hope this time is the same! I'm using the same OB but a different doula (my other one moved out of country) but I'm sure it will go great.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:19 PM

Yep, this will be a UBA2C for us, I wouldn't have with twins either. We are still going back & forth though on if we will stay home or get a hotel room close to the hospital where my son was born. If we do that I know a wonderful CNM up there that is willing to come check me & the baby out after the birth which would be a plus. I guess it'll just be whatever feels right at the time.

Mrs. (28) Wife to the Mr. (26) Mama to K (10g) & J (5b). Expecting #3 10/10. Hoping for a HBA2C.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
Yeah, my dd2 had been a planned hbac, but the labor was horrible and she was in distress, then we found out she had a massive stroke at some point in the pregnancy. I definitely had a lot of fear about if I was making the right decision or not. Eventually I just had to "give it up" to God and know that I was doing everything I could to make sure things came out differently, and the rest was up to Him. Having an OB I trusted and a great doula (who had been my midwife for dd2) was a big help, too. I still second guessed myself, but I think I would have even if I had planned to repeat c/s. In the end it went off perfectly, so I really hope this time is the same! I'm using the same OB but a different doula (my other one moved out of country) but I'm sure it will go great.
ur one strong mama. im getting to the point of just "giving it up" to the powers that be and have faith that any choice ive made is the right one...what will be will be

Old 09-24-2010, 05:05 PM

Don't think I can be part of your count. . . But I will be having a vbac. First babe was vag, second was breech section.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:26 PM

Meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but you know that already I'm just really excited

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Old 09-25-2010, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

im really excited for u too melly, i was gutted for u when it looked like it wasnt gonna be an option

User Tag List