Mothering Forum banner

Someone please remind me that losing my mucous plug doesn't mean anything!

762 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  WithoutWax 
#1 ·
I'm not due for another two weeks but am finding it so hard to fight some serious premonitions that this baby is coming soon!

So I've been passing little chunks of mucous for about five days now and this morning a whopping huge ball about 4 cm across turned up. I completely freaked out with excitement. No blood though. If I don't calm down, I'm still going to be pregnant at Halloween. I'm having some strong contractions about once every 1/2 hour but that's nothing new, been doing that for two weeks now.

Someone please remind me that this minor event doesn't say anything about what's to come or when........

#3 ·
I've been losing my plug for almost two weeks. And having contractions for three. It's so tough not getting excited when I lose a larger than normal chunk or have three or four contractions in a row. Aren't the last few weeks rough emotionally?

#5 ·
I have been having bloody mucus since Friday morning and still no sign of labor.
Every time I have more I get my hopes up, but still just waiting.

#6 ·
had a huge wad the size of the palm of my own hand 2 days ago, having a few extra close contractions here and there but nothing regular yet. I was so excited but didn't eventuate into anything, yet! But it was not bloody and I realised that I'm just dilating which is a good thing, and by the time october gets here I should be getting closer to labor with each passing day.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by WithoutWax View Post
had a huge wad the size of the palm of my own hand
Whaaat? It can be that much?! I thought I'd made such progress, visualizing it to be something the size of a wine bottle cork!

#8 ·
Hang in there - baby will come soon!! Mine dropped out for a week with contractions every day before the little one made an appearance. The frustration was hard though for me and I was constantly tempted to crack open the castor oil.

#9 ·
Ok, but only if you remind me that absolutely nothing happening doesn't mean that labor isn't imminent
. You know what this is like? Like waiting for a positive pg test lol. Analyzing every little sign and waiting and hoping. It starts out that way and apparently ends that way too.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magali View Post
Ok, but only if you remind me that absolutely nothing happening doesn't mean that labor isn't imminent
. You know what this is like? Like waiting for a positive pg test lol. Analyzing every little sign and waiting and hoping. It starts out that way and apparently ends that way too.
Oh that cracks me up!!! You are sooo right!

I didn't go through this insanity with DS. I fully expected him to be two weeks late (based on first baby average stats) and he was one week early! Totally caught me off guard, it was so wonderfully exciting. Expecting to be early this time around is killing me.

#11 ·
I've been early 3 times over now....and look at me now. 2 days "overdue"...with no signs of labor at all. except for being about 3cm dilated, of course. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And here I thought I knew it all.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JessieBird View Post
Whaaat? It can be that much?! I thought I'd made such progress, visualizing it to be something the size of a wine bottle cork!

Yep it was a huge wad! I really didn't know how much is up there, obviously a lot more than I first thought. It made my pants wet and everything.... Still no labor but im contracting more and more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.