Mothering Forum banner

starting to get stressed...

565 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  southernmommie 
#1 ·
It just sunk in. Hubby might miss this birth. He leaves on the 18th. I'm due the 29th. His command won't fly him back until after baby is born but they can't leave him behind to stay for the birth itself if it doesn't happen already before they leave. I don't finish my short schedule for hypnobabies until the week before he leaves. I'll just be 37 weeks at that time. He leaves when I'm in the middle of my 38th week. I know that I could go before he leaves, but I also could go after he leaves. Not knowing is what is stressing me. I'm having absolutely NO signs! All those BH's stopped when he came home. I don't want to have this baby alone. Family can't fly down for this baby. They've already said a few months ago they weren't going to be able to come. Which, at the time, I was okay with. I'm still okay with that. I only wanted it to be me and DH. So now it could be just me.

#3 ·
My thoughts are with you 2, I don't know how military wives & moms do it. You have just as big of a job holding down the fort here as they do overseas. I commend you both though for not taking measures like induction or cesarean to have the baby arrive on your husband's schedule. I know many moms who have done this and to me that is just not the right thing to do. Have you thought of having a doula? Operation Special Delivery does volunteer doulas for military families.

#4 ·
I thought about it... but I am having a scheduled c/s for medical reasons (obviously it isn't helping any with hubby being here) so my best friend is going to be able to be there. It just isn't the same...

#5 ·
s

My DH is going to NTC until I'm a little over 39 weeks so mine not be around either. From the sounds of it I may not have any way to contact him until a red cross birth announcement...

#6 ·
I am dreading telling DH he has another son by red cross message... We are hoping that he will still be in country (so he can see the baby on webcam etc) but he may deploy before then...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.