starting to get stressed... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It just sunk in. Hubby might miss this birth. He leaves on the 18th. I'm due the 29th. His command won't fly him back until after baby is born but they can't leave him behind to stay for the birth itself if it doesn't happen already before they leave. I don't finish my short schedule for hypnobabies until the week before he leaves. I'll just be 37 weeks at that time. He leaves when I'm in the middle of my 38th week. I know that I could go before he leaves, but I also could go after he leaves. Not knowing is what is stressing me. I'm having absolutely NO signs! All those BH's stopped when he came home. I don't want to have this baby alone. Family can't fly down for this baby. They've already said a few months ago they weren't going to be able to come. Which, at the time, I was okay with. I'm still okay with that. I only wanted it to be me and DH. So now it could be just me.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#2 of 8 Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 PM

My hubby is missing the birth because of the military too... mostly because his command is a bunch of idiots. I hope that you go into labor before he leaves!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#3 of 8 Old 09-28-2010, 07:39 PM

My thoughts are with you 2, I don't know how military wives & moms do it. You have just as big of a job holding down the fort here as they do overseas. I commend you both though for not taking measures like induction or cesarean to have the baby arrive on your husband's schedule. I know many moms who have done this and to me that is just not the right thing to do. Have you thought of having a doula? Operation Special Delivery does volunteer doulas for military families.

Mrs. (28) Wife to the Mr. (26) Mama to K (10g) & J (5b). Expecting #3 10/10. Hoping for a HBA2C.
#4 of 8 Old 09-28-2010, 07:46 PM

I thought about it... but I am having a scheduled c/s for medical reasons (obviously it isn't helping any with hubby being here) so my best friend is going to be able to be there. It just isn't the same...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#5 of 8 Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
s

My DH is going to NTC until I'm a little over 39 weeks so mine not be around either. From the sounds of it I may not have any way to contact him until a red cross birth announcement...

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#6 of 8 Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 PM

I am dreading telling DH he has another son by red cross message... We are hoping that he will still be in country (so he can see the baby on webcam etc) but he may deploy before then...

#7 of 8 Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 PM

to all of you. That sounds so hard.

southernmommie, do you have anyone able to help you out with your other kids?
#8 of 8 Old 09-28-2010, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

neighbors. Thank God!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page