Mothering Forum banner

So Crampy

572 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Eresh 
#1 ·
So with my last pregnancy I don't remember this at all, in fact I hardly had any BH at all. But I am so crampy this time around. I don't think it will bother me as much once I pass that magical 36 week mark where I can still have the birth at home if I go into labor. But the midwife is adamant about the 36 week thing she said if I start at 35 weeks 6 days she will be a no go.

#2 ·
Try not to worry, I have been super crampy this time around too. I have had tons of braxton hicks and tons of low back pain and abdominal cramps that I never remember having with my first. It's been going on since about 32 weeks. I felt the same way as you about making it to 36 weeks because a homebirth is really important to me. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow and still having all the cramping so I don't think it means anything will happen any time soon. I keep trying to tell myself maybe I will have a really fast smooth labor after going through this for the past few weeks. Hope you feel better and I am sure you will get your HB!

#3 ·
Ditto everything breanna said.

I've been having AF-like cramping since 32 weeks, and I've made it all the way to 39+3 w/out anything "happening" (yet). It is definitely unnerving, but my midwife reassured me it's just something some women experience near the end.

Hang in there, mama! Sending your babe "stay put till 36 weeks" vibes.

#4 ·
I am also having terrible menstrual-like cramps. It makes me so irritable. I am 39 weeks so I am wishing these cramps would turn into contractions!

I started having the cramping and a LOT of BH around 35 weeks. My MW suggested I take cramp bark tincture to help relax my uterus. It really helped. I stopped taking it once I hit 37 weeks and was in the clear for my homebirth. You should check with your midwife to see if she thinks cramp bark would be okay for you. It is also supposed to be really good for afterbirth cramping, as well as menstrual cramps once your cycle comes back.

#5 ·
Same here. Lots of cramping. BH, even a couple of pressure waves for several weeks now but nothing to really indicate I'm about to go into labor (38+4).

I admit I kind of laugh when I get to the point in Hypnobabies about visualizing my cervix opening and that I'm ONLY supposed to do that during labor. I've been visualizing for a couple of days now ... no labor. Anybody actually trigger labor by visualizing?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.