Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maggie Frances Hi||
10/01/10 -10:06pm
10.6 lbs - 21.75" inches

C section...Pix on flickr user name is knadine or nadin522 im not sure what im under. I can't pull the links using iPhone. Thank you guys so much, for the help and Suggestions!

I will write my whole miserable story some
Day soon. I will just give you the most brutal..
I'm just happy she's born and
Healthy and I cant wait to hold her. ( yes
My hospital doesn't let csec moms hold, touch or see their freakshow weight babies until the next day. She had low blood sugar and drank a bottle of
God knows what right after birth.) I touched her cheek during surgery with one hand that wasn't tied down. I had to scream at the nurses very embarrassingly in order to Hold her for 1 minute on the way to my room@ 1am. I cannot even believe what went on tonight I have never cried so much. ( still crying) I actually screamed @ them I'm not going To fu(#ing kill her. My husband yelling let her
Hold the baby WTF is wrong with you people??!! all over this hospital you have posters touting breast feeding is best and skinto skin contact but your all full of f'n s!!!! So yeah that's the end of my day. I don't hurt bad I cant sleep because I
Am gross and dirty and can't wait
To touch my baby @7am!!
I will write my whole story soon.
Oh I heard them Say they found some myomas on my uterus and I heard them saying send them
And my placenta to lab. I do think I had/have pre-e & GD. Both undiagnosed during preg. Nice.

Nadine
Expecting #1 October 7, 2010
#2 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 04:35 AM

we're all here, thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery, i'm sorry theyre treating you and your baby this way! use it to draw strength and become a feirce mama, once she's back in your arms don't let them take her again, I went thru similar with corban and he learned to breastfeed like a champ don't worry too much about that, this is not your fault and you have every right to feel hurt and angry.

apart from that - WELL DONE MAMA! and welcome to the world little maggie i'm glad you're here safe and well

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#3 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 06:18 AM

Sorry you had to go through that! Hope things make a dramatic turn for the better and stay that way!

But congrat and welcome baby Maggie!

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#4 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 08:46 AM
hyz

Oh, mama, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience!! I wasn't able to hold my daughter for hours and hours after she was born because they rushed her to the NICU to get fluid out of her lungs and then she had to be in an oxygen tent, and then when I did hold her for the next couple days she was all covered in tubes and wires, and she had a terrible time trying to nurse with a tube up her nose--so I know at least about that part of it, and it is painful and hurts so much when all you've been wanting to do for all these months is hold your sweet babe in your arms and give them a mother's love. But like corban's mum said, this part will soon pass and little Maggie will be in your arms whenever you want and nursing like a champ pretty soon--hopefully she is in your arms right now.

Congratulations on your sweet babe! I love her name, too!

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#5 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aw Nadine, I'm so sorry things went so bad I was really hoping it would go well for you. Congratulations on your little girl and I hope you get to hold her soon Dd1 was c/s and I didn't get to hold her for 4 hours, dd2 was c/s too and had serious health problems, I didn't get to hold her for 5 days It really REALLY sucks to not be able to hold your baby.
#6 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Oh Nadine I am so sorry to hear that Maggie's arrival has been such a terrible experience so far. It's past 7 now and I am hoping with all my heart that she is in your arms and that the ordeal can be forgotten for a little while. Hope you're out of that place soon and congratulations!!!!! Welcome Maggie Frances!

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#7 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 10:07 AM

So sorry to hear about the way you have been treated. I hope you have your sweet baby girl in your arms as I type this. Congrats on the birth of your daughter...I love her name!
#8 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 10:45 AM

Congrats on baby Maggie! There are a lot of 1's and 0's in that birthday!

I hope you get to bond with her soon. I am so sorry they are treating you so awfully at the hospital. I hope you get lots of snuggly loving time soon.

#9 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 10:51 AM

I'm so sorry . It sounds tough for you and your little babe. I hope everything gets only better from here. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#10 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 10:59 AM

Oh Mama, I am SO sorry you have had this horrible experience. I hope you are now holding your sweet baby and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#11 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 11:15 AM

First of all congrats on a beautiful baby girl!
I'm so sorry things are going this way. It sounds like you've been through some horrible things. Hang in there mama! I hope you are cuddling your sweet baby girl right now!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#12 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 12:54 PM

Hang in there! We're all here for you!!
Maggie!

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
#13 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 02:44 PM

A big welcome to Maggie

So, so sorry that your birth experience was so awful. The way the hospital responded sounds horrific. I hope that you recover soon and can spend the time that you deserve with your beautiful baby girl.
#14 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 03:00 PM

My heart breaks for you and I know you'll be home soon with that big bundle of joy! You'll still bond with her and she'll know your voice the second she hears it. She spent 9 months listening to it. Get well quickly and more important - get home!!

Married 16 yrs to DH, DS (3/06) x4 (11/04) (3/08) (3/09) (8/09)
DD born 9/24/2010 :
#15 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Congrats on your baby girl! I love her name

Sorry your having such a horrible experience at hospital, and I hope she's in your arms now and you get to go home soon.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#16 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 12:00 AM

Congrats on your healthy baby girl! I love her name!

I'm so sorry they are treating you so terribly. I've never heard of such an absurd rule. Hopefully she will be in your arms soon.

*** 5 **** 10 **** 15 **** 20 **** 25 **** 30 **** 35 * * * 40
#17 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 12:07 AM

Sending you lots of love and healing. I hope you are loving on your beautiful baby now. Congrats. It sounds like you have been through alot and are such a strong, wonderful mama.
#18 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 AM

Congrats mama! I'm so sorry your birth didn't go the way you wanted. I hope you've been snuggling your Little Maggie all day. Welcome to the world, baby girl!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#19 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

Hello all and thank you sooo much for your support! I did get to spend all day with
Maggie. She's so wonderful. This morning @ 7 after 2 hrs of sleep I Was supposed to be allowed in a wheelchair
To go see her in nicu, when he nurse came
In I asked and you woulda thought I was asking to go home. Absolutely not you had the duramorph you can't get up! So of course when They took my bp it was high cuz I was flipping out. I called dh said get here soon so you can go spend the day with her ( they said I could Get up at 2) so he gets here and at 9 comes in With wheelchair and he's like
Come on just get in.. So I did And we went right in got to hold her for A half hour they said they
Were going to do one more blood test and I cold have her by 11. Woohoo! I had her all day she latched right on at first (little piggy) but just now it was time and she would not take it I
Think I'm not producing cuz I'm on a liquid diet and
I prob ate like 300 calories today. Hope tomorrow goes better. Oh and as soon as they let me
Have my baby my bp's are 120/60!! Really can't thank you all more for
Keeping me positive during the best/worst time of my life! I love her soo much!!

Nadine
#20 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 07:08 AM

high five to your DH! grr at the staff!

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#21 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 09:10 AM

i'm so sorry you had such a bad experience! your DH rocks, though, i love that he just took you right in! (i'm looking at c/s most likely too...little one does not want to go head down)

most importantly...congrats on the little one!!
#22 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Congrats mama! I'm so sorry you had such a rough time. I am sure that as the weeks progress, it will fade into the background as you spend more and more time your new babe

Catherine, DH and DS kid.gif Dylan Michael, born 9/23/10 
#23 of 27 Old 10-04-2010, 04:07 AM

Nadine I've been thinking of you though I'm not in your DDC and am happy to hear your baby girl is here. I am sorry for what you both went through and for the stupid policies the hospital has . That hurts. Hopefully you will all be home soon. I had a c/s...be serious about resting the next two weeks at least and it will really help your recovery. Just enjoy your babe and take care of her and you. Congratulations

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#24 of 27 Old 10-04-2010, 01:24 PM

I'm so sorry your birth was such an ordeal. Glad you're with babe now. I can't believe how horrible you were treated by hospital staff. s: mama.

Kate (30), mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob Douglas (10/8/10)
#25 of 27 Old 10-05-2010, 12:29 PM

Congrats on your baby girl!

I'm so glad you've finally gotten a chance to hold her. Since a hospital that does not "allow" you to see your baby probably isn't very bf friendly, I hope you don't mind a little bf advice. Please know that you shouldn't be on a "clock" and just let her nurse whenever/however she feels like it. Sometimes you do have to wake a really sleepy baby to try to get them to nurse at first, but otherwise, just stay skin to skin as much as possible and let her go at it. Also, it is VERY common for newborns to seem like they're starving at first. I know it was really surprising to me when ds1 was born, and nursed constantly. And it can take a few days for your milk to come in... sometimes a little longer when you've had interventions during birth. That is NORMAL and babies are made to thrive with colostrum for the first few days or more.

The newest research actually shows that even eating and drinking does not affect milk production as much as we thought. Mama will suffer if you don't get enough nutrients, but baby will not. Even malnourished women in third world countries make enough milk for their babies! So, please don't let anyone make you think you can't nurse her or she needs something else.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#26 of 27 Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 PM

Congrats on your baby girl! I'm sorry that the birth was so stressfull. How is nursing going now?

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#27 of 27 Old 10-11-2010, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all, we are doing great. maggie is amazing. I am trying to forget about my horrible hospital experience. it really sucks looking at pictures from the days in the hospital because i truly look so sad holding my perfect baby i wish nobody would have taken pictures of me... the first day home she was fussy and wouldnt nurse i cried a lot took a long nap and the next day was all better. this week has flown......i am feeding her whenever she wants sometimes its for 45 min sometimes 2 min. she doesnt always latch right on but eventually gets it. i dont know if thats normal. she is a really great baby she cries for a second i kiss her cheeks and she stops immediately. i went back to the dr. last thurs my bp was 140/100 i got put on procardia xl.. i go back tomorrow for a check hope its low. i lost 32lbs already i feel so much better.
thanks everybody!

Nadine

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page