The "overdue" club ~chat~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 82 Old 10-11-2010, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm out! Good luck, mamas. Our little girl was born 10/10/10 at 41 weeks and 2 days. In perfect health with a perfect healthy placenta... just one more "overdue" success story.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#62 of 82 Old 10-11-2010, 10:47 PM

Magali I'm in thee EXACT same boat as you girl! I was originally due on Sept 29, then they moved it to Oct 4th based on an earlier U/S .. I have seriously noo signs of labor, I have tried multiple things to induce my labor because i'm sort of scared my due date was really the sept 29 date.. buuuut tomorrow I go in for a NST and I am soo sooo nervous knowing everything I know about healthcare, i'm terrified theyre going to try and feed me some bs reason to get induced I feel so nauseous just thinking about it :/

I am a SAHM to a 21 mo and number 2 due sometime in January smile.gifhippie.giftreehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg sewmachine.gif caffix.gif

My hubby and I are madly in lovepartners.gif and loving the life we are creating.
Baby love born naturally 10.14.10  familybed1.gif  ecbaby2.gif saynovax.gif slinggirl.gifcd.gif bfinfant.gif
#63 of 82 Old 10-11-2010, 11:49 PM

I've decided to stop lurking, and finally post in this thread, since I've earned the right. I was due on the 6th, so I am headed into day 6 of being overdue. At my 40 week appt, my midwife could barely feel my cervix, because it was up so high, and baby was not fully engaged. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound and non-stress test on this Wed, which will be 41 weeks for me. I've been trying everything I know to do including sex, pineapple, RRL tea, walking, bouncing on my exercise ball, nipple stimulation, and EPO. I think what has me bummed more than anything is that I have to return to school on November 8th regardless of when the baby is born. So every day that I spend pregnant is one less day bonding with the baby once he or she is here.

On a more positive note, it's inspiring to see mamas who were once part of this club post their birth announcements! We'll all get there eventually.

Me, married to DH, my childhood sweetheart. Lucky mom to an amazing DD (10/15/10), , a funny little DS (1/11/13) , and 3 silly dogs. Expecting someone new February 14, 2015!
#64 of 82 Old 10-11-2010, 11:53 PM

I'm still here waiting at 41 weeks and 1 day. I had a complete emotional and mental breakdown about everything today, but ended up calling one of my midwives to talk about it and she totally put my mind at ease. I had an ultrasound on Friday which showed everything being totally fine with the baby. I have another one tomorrow, which seems excessive but my MW recommended it (although told me I don't have to do it if I don't want to).

I haven't tried anything to start labour yet and don't think I will until I hit 42 weeks (next Sunday).

It's comforting to know that others are feeling similar things to me!! Hoping lots of babies come this week!

DD born April 7/08 and expecting #2 October 2010!
#65 of 82 Old 10-13-2010, 10:11 AM

So I'm dialated to 2 and still 80%effaced... I'm finally have ctx but theyre only 5 minutes apart but not getting stronger i've had them since yesterday around 6pm went to bed with them, and woke up with them so i'm feeling a bit discouraged :/ BTW yesterday with the NST and monitoring it was HORRRRIBLE... they treated me like a sick pt rather than a pregnant mother everything from the check in to the check out was horrible, so i'm seriously praying I do NOT have to get induced!!!! But i'm running out of time 41wks 2 days go tomorrow for a mw appointment then friday back to the hospital to another NST and monitoring .... come on emma come out please!!!!

I am a SAHM to a 21 mo and number 2 due sometime in January smile.gifhippie.giftreehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg sewmachine.gif caffix.gif

My hubby and I are madly in lovepartners.gif and loving the life we are creating.
Baby love born naturally 10.14.10  familybed1.gif  ecbaby2.gif saynovax.gif slinggirl.gifcd.gif bfinfant.gif
#66 of 82 Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM

I'm out! My baby boy was born yesterday at 41w + 3d after 48 hours of prodromal labor and 48 hours of actual labor. I'm off to take a nap now!

Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting! They'll come out eventually!

9/2011 items decluttered
#67 of 82 Old 10-14-2010, 05:51 PM

Congrats to all the "overdue" babies! I am 41+1 today and just had my membranes swept. Hopefully it works. Induction scheduled for Tuesday am in no baby by then. I will be 41+6 and I'm ok with it. I may try acupuncture tomorrow if no labor tonight. Baby looked great on BPP. Est weight is 8lb 10oz! eek! Hope it is way off and I only have a 6.5lber. Going for a VBAC. Glad my Drs are being so supportive and I really hope I get it!

Mom to Jackson 06/07 and Claire 10/10
#68 of 82 Old 10-14-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingPickleMama View Post
41+3 and still here. I'm totally hating this. I don't know if I was having bhs or ctxs but everything has stopped. I'm getting so depressed. Both my first two were induced at or around 41 wks so I have no idea if my body can do this or how long I will go. I was convinced I could wait until I hit 40 wks and then that flew out the window. I just want to meet my baby and know he/she is here and safe. I started drinking raspberry leaf tea today and I'm seriously thinking about trying castor oil. Every day I hope it's time and I don't want to let my dh out of my sight. My kids have been so wound up and I'm blaming it on how distracted we've been with this waiting and waiting. My mw is ready to let me go to 43 wks before referring me to her back-up for interventions/testing, but I'm not sure anymore. Did you know that some women go to 43 and 44 wks before they deliver? The very idea makes me sick right now. I just want to lay in bed until something happens.
I am right there with you although now 41+4. No signs of anything and getting totally depressed. I spent one day in bed avoiding the world and now I'm trying to get out and (at least) walk once or twice a day. I have a 2.5 year old to keep me busy too. I wrote about all this in another thread, but I think I'm willing to wait until 43 weeks before agreeing to a medical induction.

#69 of 82 Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 AM

Still here. Now 41+2. Had some contractions last night but they weren't very painful or regular. I decided to sleep while I could thinking this might be it. Needless to say, I woke up this morning and they have stopped. I do have a backache and hope the contractions come back! I am so ready! I feel the same way you do LaughingPickleMama. Hope it happens soon for both of us.

#70 of 82 Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 AM

Any updates LPM?
AFM, 41+3. I'm starting to lose my "zen" and having self-doubt. Will this baby come on her own? Will I get my VBAC? Am I doing the right thing? Can I do this? blah blah blah. Sigh. Sorry for the pitty party. Just need some encouragement

#71 of 82 Old 10-17-2010, 11:03 AM

Yay! Congrats! Welcome baby!
Glad it worked for you. Don't know if I am brave enough. Maybe 41+4 is the magic day? DTD last night, lost a bunch of MP this morning, but no bloody show. A few contractions last night but nothing timeable or painful.

#72 of 82 Old 10-17-2010, 03:35 PM

Congrats on the baby, LMP!

I am 42 weeks today and just got back from a consult with an OB at the hospital. My midwife came with me and the whole experience was better than I thought. The OB was nice and straightforward, and of course suggested inducing immediately. I told him I am going to wait a bit longer. He gave me all the statistics on increased risk of stillbirth, CS, etc. but ultimately said it was my decision.

I see my midwife tomorrow morning and will do a S&S. Then might try castor oil the next day -- seems lots of you are having success with it! And I'll do anything I can before agreeing to be induced (which I will do late this week if it comes to that).

Any other 42 week mamas out there?

#73 of 82 Old 10-17-2010, 06:39 PM

Almost. 41+4 here.

#74 of 82 Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 AM

get to join the club. Hope it is brief.

I am feeling like a watched pot. My inlaws are here and my mom lives with me. My inlaws are awesome with my boys, but they are getting a little twitchy about waiting here very long.

I get contrax and then they peter out. I started taking some homeopathy but am not sure if that is the right decision. Today I am going to just chill and talk to the baby.

I am a vbac so normally with this practice you just schedule a section for 41 weeks, so that's why I feel a little nervous. My first was very overdue, so I am hoping I can convince them to move it to mid 41 weeks.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#75 of 82 Old 10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
hyz

I guess I'm in, too. I'm 40+3 today, so not too far over yet. My DD was born at 41 weeks exactly, so I'm not surprised to be over, but I was having some promising ctx late last week, so I thought I might go then, or over the weekend. No such luck. I wouldn't mind waiting a few days at this point, though--I just started my leave from work today, so I could use a few days to relax and get a few more little things done around the house. I don't want to wait too much longer than that, though!

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#76 of 82 Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 PM

Hey all,
Should have come here earlier. I'm 41+1 today. This limbo land of waiting for baby is very strange, but hasn't been all bad. Baby is very active and my mw had me get an ultrasound on Friday which showed baby doing just fine. So, just sit tight (or loose) and wait, right?

Come Friday (41+5) mw is going to make me take castor oil and maybe break my water. I'm a bit apprehensive about this, but not as much as being induced, which is what will happen if I don't go into labor by Sunday (42 weeks).

I'm walking every day, doing yoga, was taking homeopathics caulophyllum and cimicifuga for awhile but freaked out last week and stopped. Maybe i'll start again. Go to see mw tomorrow and she will want to strip my membranes, which at this point I'm okay with. what else? nipple stimulation, orgasm....nothing is causing any contractions. Have had some mild menstrual cramps at night sometimes but that's it.

In fact, it's strange to feel so good and normal when I know I should be going into labor any minute now.
#77 of 82 Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 PM

I'm officially out of the club! I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on 10/15 at 41+2. It was a long, intense labor, but well worth every second! Good luck to all the mamas still waiting. I swear, I think the last week of my pregnancy was the longest week of my life!

Me, married to DH, my childhood sweetheart. Lucky mom to an amazing DD (10/15/10), , a funny little DS (1/11/13) , and 3 silly dogs. Expecting someone new February 14, 2015!
#78 of 82 Old 10-18-2010, 11:21 PM

I'm still here at 42+1 as of today! But my midwife and I came up with a "plan" today so this baby will be here by Wednesday no matter what (well unless something crazy happens--let's hope not). Had my first VE today plus a S&S. About 3 cm dilated and 40% effaced. My midwife stretched me to about 4 but said there was no sweeping to be done! My baby's head is right against my cervix.

I am going to take castor oil in the morning. Hoping that works and if not, then my MW will come to my house Wed morning and break my water. As long as it is clear, we will stay at home and hopefully I go into labour. If I don't, then off to the hospital for pitocin. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I will feel at that point that I did all I could.

My blood pressure is also creeping up and that is concerning my midwife. She said my body needs this baby to be born -- no kidding! And my brain.

Good luck mamas -- I hope none of you make it as far as I have -- waiting this long has been *very* trying!

#79 of 82 Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM

Countrygirl28: Congratulations!!! Welcome to your sweet baby girl

Desamom: Wow!! for making it to 42 +1. That's a long haul! I hope that everything works out the way that you and your mw have planned and that your fluid is clear. Either way, looking forward to updates.
#80 of 82 Old 10-20-2010, 01:53 AM

well, I'm officially one day overdue! So I guess I can join you ladies I feel pretty relaxed and chill that baby will come when he/she is ready.

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#81 of 82 Old 10-20-2010, 05:51 PM

I had my baby! 42 weeks and 2 days with the threat of castor oil and then induction waiting. I started having contractions around 4 am yesterday morning and was in active labour by 8 am. Five and a half hours later my beautiful baby girl was born after 32 minutes of pushing! I had her at home as planned and all is well. It was really, really hard but I am so glad it worked after all the waiting I did.

Her name is Cala and she was 9 lbs, 2 ounces.

Good luck to all the other overdue mamas!

#82 of 82 Old 10-21-2010, 12:50 AM

Congratulations desamom!!! Welcome to the world, little Cala

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page