The "overdue" club ~chat~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2010, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thought I may as well start one up...

AFM
i'm due today, but fully expecting to be here in 10+days time hehe. most prodromal labour has stopped, swelling gone way down (blood pressure up though? weird) and i generally don't feel preggo. not feeling as impatient either. kinda cool with her hanging out in my uterus until she's good n ready

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm due on the 7th so I'm not overdue yet, but I feel like I am because I have spent this entire pregnancy thinking I was going to deliver this baby early!

DS was born a week and a day early, fully cooked, so I just assumed I'm a fast-gestater. It was a silly thing to think because all it did was set me up for antsy days, waiting for this one to come!

For the past two weeks I have been achy, crampy, juicy, and having a lot of pelvic pressure. I nested like a maniac, I have nothing left to do except normal daily cleaning and that feels very unfulfilling. I wake up every morning thinking "today is the day!" Pfffft. Nothing.

I was almost in tears last night thinking this baby was never going to come until my mom mentioned "Honey, you aren't even due yet". Oh yeah, not until Thursday, and possibly weeks after that.

I guess I'm just very excited to meet this little miss! Come out baby, come out!
Old 10-03-2010, 02:15 PM

I'm now one day over due! Which honestly is a good thing because my house went from being 10 minutes away from spotless to looking like a hurricane went through! Today were doing a deep cleaning and moving around furniture to make room for the birth tub in the living room and finally putting the waterproof sheets on the bed! I also have to get through tomorrow as my HR people sent me the wrong forms for my insurance and told me that I had to fill them out but turns out my doctor(who I haven't seen since I became preg!) has to fill them out because it HAS to be filled out by a doctor of medicine. BS! So I have to trek up there tomorrow afternoon.
I also need to buy a lamp and a rug for under the rocker.

So even though I'm excited to meet our babe I need at least 2 more days!!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post
thought I may as well start one up...

AFM
i'm due today, but fully expecting to be here in 10+days time hehe. most prodromal labour has stopped, swelling gone way down (blood pressure up though? weird) and i generally don't feel preggo. not feeling as impatient either. kinda cool with her hanging out in my uterus until she's good n ready
I would try to eat more protein. I've been reading that high blood pressure is your body's way of saying your low in protein. Try adding some more today and tomorrow and see if that doesn't help some.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-03-2010, 05:26 PM

I am due today too. But, that is based on a 28 day cycle. My cycles are always about 38 days. Soooooo, my 19 week US put me due on the 10th, and if I calculate my due date on a longer cycle, the later date pops up. But, my son was born at 40 weeks based on a 28 day cycle (even tho my cycles were always long even back then), so . I just feel like I am never going to have this baby, even tho today is my due date lol. Just waiting, waiting, waiting.....

caffix.gif

Old 10-03-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

i crave protien constantly, ive always got my finger in the peanut butter, or eating prawns straight outta the fridge lol

i honestly think im gonna go into shock if i go into labour, i really dont feel as if it's even something thats gonna happen ever...not am impatience thing more of a "im just a round lady, why the heck would i go into labour" kinda way. so yeah, it's gonna hit me like a truck when it does happen - OMG IM HAVING A BABY get the towels... lol

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Old 10-03-2010, 06:22 PM

I was due Friday, just feeling lots of pressure here lately, tightening, but no real painful contractions. I just hope he gets here soon

Mrs. (28) Wife to the Mr. (26) Mama to K (10g) & J (5b). Expecting #3 10/10. Hoping for a HBA2C.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM

I was due two days ago, and DH and I have tried EVERYTHING--save for castor oil--to try and induce labor. I think I walked five miles today alone! I feel like I will be a member of the 42-week club, as she is still only at -1 station/80% effaced/1 cm dilated. Who knows...

I'm a professor and a domestic goddess married to my ideal mate. We are living in bliss with our new baby girl, Rowan Graham, born October 8, 2010.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:47 AM

i was due yesterday. In the same boat as corbans mamma just doesnt feel like it will ever happen. found out from my OB on friday that he doesnt like to let you go past 41 weeks. so I am really hoping she will just come before friday so that I am not fighting an induction. kinda weird I am still pregnant since really expected her to come this weekend. so I am off to bed again in hopes that I either sleep wonderfully or wake up in labor

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottecat View Post
kinda weird I am still pregnant since really expected her to come this weekend. so I am off to bed again in hopes that I either sleep wonderfully or wake up in labor
I was due Friday...I am really kinda shocked I am still here as I felt all summer long I was going to go super early...I did something to a ligament and constantly felt like the baby was going to fall out of me...I was so pleased to make it to 36 weeks...then I expected to be about 2 weeks early as #2 was about 10 days early...#1 was punctual...but nothing...three weekends in a row, I have had BH that I thought were the real thing and it set my DH into full on clean mode at the home only to have no baby...I keep buying food that I don't eat so there is food for my MW and then it goes bad. Went walking at a festival and then at the track and still nothing but BH and a clean house. I am feeling a bit disappointed b/c I stopped working Wed thinking I was going to have the baby any day...I feel like I am losing time with the baby each day s/he does arrive b/c I only get a few weeks off for leave. So I am off to go listen to my hypnobabies CD and try to internalize that babies arrive on their birth dates not when doctors say...here's to hoping labor starts tonight...for all of us!

Mama to Jack (12/7/06) & Liam (4/3/08) & Iris Hope (10/6/10)
Old 10-04-2010, 11:52 AM

I was "due" Friday or Saturday, so now I'm just settled in to wait. Unfortunately, despite trying to keep it vague, at least a couple of family members wrangled my EDD out of me in the past couple of weeks, so now the pestering has begun in earnest. It kind of makes me want to send out a mass text: "I am feeling FINE! Yes, I know what you're getting at! Stop calling!!" Also, we haven't done any VEs and this trips everyone up, because I don't volunteer info I don't have, obviously, so they go around the world trying not to ask directly about the condition of my cervix.

"So what did your midwife say? Did she say when the baby might come? ...Oh. Okay. I just thought maybe she could tell some way if it might be soon..." I swear next time I'm just going to say, "No, we didn't do a VE, so I have no idea what my cervix is doing. I had no idea it was so important to you. If you'll excuse me for a minute, I can go to the bathroom and figure it out myself..."

Haha, this turned into a rant. My apologies. In brighter news, I woke up feeling like crap today. Maybe labor is impending?

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Due today!

Feeling great; peaceful, patient, and confident that Cadence knows exactly how and when to be born. Enjoying these last few days/hours, since it will never be just me and her ever again.

Here's a poem I stumbled upon awhile ago to meditate on, and I want to share it with my fellow "overdue" mamas. I think it's beautiful, and I think it (and Hypnobabies) has helped me maintain my sense of calm (which, hopefully, I can hang onto!):

These Last Few Hours

It is important to me
That I spend a part
Of the next few hours
Here alone with you
In the darkness

You and I will never be
This close again
Soon you will be
A tiny person
All on your own.

No longer the kicking,
Demanding bulge in my body
That I have grown to love so much

I pray that you will be safely guided
On your journey to my arms

And I ask for the strength, courage and
The power of birthing, to open my body and mind for you
And ever so gently us as one will become two

-Author unknown

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:29 PM

I was due yesterday by LMP, today by date of ovulation. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try to get the midwife to change my EDD in my chart, even if it is by only one day. No cramps, no mucus, no nothing here! I still feel pretty good. One lady at Walmart yesterday guessed based on my bump that I had "only a couple more months to go"...boy was she shocked when I told her I was due that day!

9/2011 items decluttered
Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM

Lyndzies, that's a lovely poem. I have been thinking along those same lines these past few days, as well. I am so excited to hold this baby in my arms, see his/her face... find out if it's a him or a her! But at the same time, I'm going to miss this, on some level. Last night I was propped up in bed reading, and DH fell asleep with his hand on my belly and my hand over his. It was so perfect. I know there will be plenty of "perfect" moments when this baby gets earthside, too, but this first stage of our life as a little family will be over.

So I am not in any hurry. (Though I'd rather not go to 42 weeks and have to get a u/s, I admit.)

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:51 PM

I'm due Thursday. I'm feeling a little anxious now, we've had the whole "measuring ahead, big baby" business from my OB. I don't buy it, but to a certain degree. . . in the back of my head. . . I'm like OMG 11 lb baby. I told them when they got the measurements from an u/s at 37 weeks I didn't even want to have the words induction come into play until I was "overdue". I'll set something up for next week. I don't have much maternity leave, but really wanted to give this guy a chance to come on his own. I took off starting last week because I work with preschoolers and I was SO uncomfortable by the end of the day.

We're moving the 15th, so my house is chaotic with boxes, a visiting mom, a 2 year old and 3 dogs. I had wanted to labor for as long as possible at home, but have come to the conclusion that "my space" is really not relaxing for me right now at all. I'm slowly opening to the laboring at the hospital idea for this reason. As long as my doula can be there, I'm OK.

I'm going to get checked out at 11:30 because I think I may be leaking fluid, but I'm not sure. . . there was a big leak situation last night around 2am and nothing really since then.

Kate (30), mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob Douglas (10/8/10)
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momasana View Post
I'm due on the 7th so I'm not overdue yet, but I feel like I am because I have spent this entire pregnancy thinking I was going to deliver this baby early!

DS was born a week and a day early, fully cooked, so I just assumed I'm a fast-gestater. It was a silly thing to think because all it did was set me up for antsy days, waiting for this one to come!
Ha, this happened to me too! My daughter came 12 days early, so I assumed that this baby would come a week or two early. How silly of me, seriously. I'm not due for another week but I've been pulling my hair out thinking that this baby will never ever come!

To be honest this thread has calmed me down today, a LOT. When she comes, she comes.

Girl #1: 2/14/08
Girl #2: 10/14/10
Old 10-04-2010, 07:34 PM

I'm "due" Wednesday but have been saying from the get go that I will hold out until 10/10/10. LOL We will see. Not much going on around here. Feeling like I am getting a head cold so I just sent DH off for some Oscillococcinum. Hopefully my body will either wait to go into labor or fight it off quick! I soooooo don't want to be sick on top of going for a natural VBAC.

Mom to Jackson 06/07 and Claire 10/10
Old 10-04-2010, 08:39 PM

After reading this abstract, I've decided my actual due date is Oct. 12. l'm even going to print out the whole article and bring it to the rest of my prenatal appointments for when/if that pesky "i" word comes up. Why does every other animal get to have a gestational length based on actual data, but humans, arguably the most studied animal on the planet, get one based on something some German doctor wrote in 1830?

Sorry, I'm trying not to be bitter. Here, I'll dance it out:

9/2011 items decluttered
Old 10-05-2010, 03:55 AM

So my due date is 10-18 but it is twins, which everything is two weeks ahead...so Im technically overdue...wohoo... Luckily my OB/MW are pretty hands off so Im feeling peaceful... no 'I' word.. just waiting on labor. Hoping it will start soon....

Ive had lots of ctx but nothing that amounts to anything, some of my plug came out this weekend, pressure, but who knows....it could very well be another 2 weeks
Old 10-05-2010, 12:02 PM

So I am officially 'overdue' and up until today I truly have had a great pregnancy! I had some ctx and back pressure last night but after an hour or two faded away... ended up with a migrane as well... and actually had a good nights rest for the first night in a couple weeks, but woke up with the saame migrane and I feel as if I didn't sleep at all? And I'm just ready to turn the phone and computer off, but its all the sanity I have while my DH works during the day, we just moved 2 months ago and still don't know anyone, so my phone and computer have sort of been my life line. Buuut i'm so tired of the 'omg you havent popped yet? you need to get that baby out have you tried.... OR where is emma?' hello no im online no i obviously havent popped yet, yes ive tried everything and now im just relaxing because ive come to terms with she will come when SHE is ready, AND shes still in my belly where else would she be.. And I have an hour and 10 minute drive to the birth center, and everyone knows that so ill have plenty of time to call everyone and let them know.. and they STILL wont stop :/ sorry guess i'm just frustrated. Last night at the grocery store I even had a lady say bet its a boy.... my entire pregnancy EVERYONE has told me it looks like im carrying a boy, shes just very low, especially now. I told her I was due yesterday she looked at me like I was crazy and just continued unloading her grocery cart. lol. & I havent had an VE either so I have no idea the condition of my cervix either, so i'm sorta irritated by getting asked that too.. I mean, you could be dialated for a couple of weeks, so it doesn't really matter if you have or not right? People just amuse me with the things they say.. 'better make sure the mw checks you so youll know if youre going to go soon' lol.. anyway sorry to rant it sort of just all came out.. and haven't had anyone else to share my frustration with. I hope we all that are overdue deliver soon and everyone has a smooth L&D

I am a SAHM to a 21 mo and number 2 due sometime in January smile.gifhippie.giftreehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg sewmachine.gif caffix.gif

My hubby and I are madly in lovepartners.gif and loving the life we are creating.
Baby love born naturally 10.14.10  familybed1.gif  ecbaby2.gif saynovax.gif slinggirl.gifcd.gif bfinfant.gif
Old 10-05-2010, 12:18 PM

cierra, I could have written most of that post! Even down to the long drive to the birth center with plenty of time to alert everyone, yet they still won't stop asking. It would drive me nuts if all of my online contacts knew my actual EDD -- I managed to stay very vague about it generally, but the small group of people who knew the date are driving me crazy, anyway!

I'm sure we'll all be holding sweet babies soon, and this will just be a passing (though perhaps irritating) memory.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:37 PM

My husband wants to hold out for 10-10-10 as well, I have no prob with that except everyone bugging the hell outta me lately to have this baby!

Mrs. (28) Wife to the Mr. (26) Mama to K (10g) & J (5b). Expecting #3 10/10. Hoping for a HBA2C.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthNut View Post
My husband wants to hold out for 10-10-10 as well, I have no prob with that except everyone bugging the hell outta me lately to have this baby!
Oh, I'm hoping for 10-10-10! It would also be awesome because it would be 1 day after my edd
Old 10-05-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post
After reading this abstract, I've decided my actual due date is Oct. 12. l'm even going to print out the whole article and bring it to the rest of my prenatal appointments for when/if that pesky "i" word comes up. Why does every other animal get to have a gestational length based on actual data, but humans, arguably the most studied animal on the planet, get one based on something some German doctor wrote in 1830?

Sorry, I'm trying not to be bitter. Here, I'll dance it out:
Ohh this puts me at Friday! I'm cool with that. I have to admit I was hoping for 10/10/10!

My mom has been calling me every day and driving me nuts. She always has something "to tell me" like she tried hemp milk or bought a cat treat cookbook and giving me "helpful advice" which she is just repeating from me.

She tried to invite herself over on Sunday, I told her flat out no. She's trying to catch me in labour so she can come over, I've told her that if she showed up I would not let her in! She said she would just sit outside in the car!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

HELP ME!

i was soo cool with being preggo up until today. im only 2 days over but im freaking out because i'm vbac and my hospital's policy on postdate vbac's is repeat section at 12 days over. really really really have to fight for scans etc to check fetal wellbeing, they just cut.

had to go in yesterday because babba wasnt moving much, turns out she is ok, her heart rate looked normal, if a little TOO varied for my liking. my blood pressure is up from 100/50 to 130/81 which im not too sure what that means etc only theyre not happy about it and have put me on BP checks every other day now?? they found no protien in my urine but my creatine level (kidney thingy) is looking to be nearing a slightly worrying level but nothing too major...just gonna have to keep having blood testing along with the bp checks? im a bit confused by all of this and am starting to freak out thinking i wont ever go into labour by myself. i have BH all the time, but that's normal, baby is spinning on her head from LOA OA ROA OP LOP and back again, which is cute but - wtf! She's confusing me lol JUST SETTLED UR LITTLE HEAD DOWN BACK OUT AND COME OUT ALREADY LOLLLL

sorry i know im rambling, im having a moment. confused SO tired and freaked

Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM

well now 40 w + 4 d. My doctors appointment is Friday. I am really hoping I can convince him to just to a S+S and wait until Tuesday or so to see me again. I cant hardly sleep anymore her body is to much in the way for me to get comfortable. my nipples have gotten way sensitive again and DS wants to nurse a lot. Been having mucous a lot more regularly when I wipe. Yesterday I was just anxious grumpy all day from prodomal labor. I am so ready for this to happen! But feeling like it is never going to. Such is life I guess.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:43 PM

gottecat, I'm 40 +4 today, too. I really thought something was happening last night, and now I'm feeling kind of bummed that it didn't turn into anything much. I had this complete shift in mood and energy, and major pressure in my pelvis to not be in active labor. My baby's been "low" for weeks and it wasn't just the usual "o, yeah, there's a baby head in there" feeling. Really intense. I was also contracting a good bit, but nothing more than a weird tightening feeling I had to verify by rubbing my taut belly. So I don't know.

This morning, nothing. The pressure's still there but not as strong, and I'm sure I lost a good deal of plug this morning (more at once than any other one time so far). What does it all mean? lol. I'm trying to be patient but I am really not wanting to have to go in for testing and such if he/she stays in there much longer.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 PM

I'm 40 weeks and 5 days today. I've been 2 cm dilated, 80%, -1 station for a week now, and I've lost my plug in chunks. Last night, I was awake with warm, rhythmic lower back pains and menstrual-like cramps. I just knew that this was FINALLY it. I swore that I would hold out until 42 weeks, but I've been working every day, as I only can take a two week leave. (The rest of my time "away" will include teaching still but coming home for office hours and grading, so it isn't quite as horrible as it sounds. My campus is 3 miles from home.) That is, I don't want to stop working until she is here since I only get 2 weeks away from the classroom. It is really hard to keep getting up and lecturing to a room full of students while having pretty intense BHs here and there. My MW, surprisingly, started talking about breaking my water for me this weekend. I agreed that I'm ready. Call me a sell-out, but I'm intensely happy to have the end in sight. I just can't keep working another week to 42 weeks (should it come to that), and since my body is already prepping, maybe I'll have her before then.

To all of you mamas with the patience to wait, you can do it!!!! If I weren't working, I might have the ability to keep going on with this pregnancy, but I'm just tired and depressed and discouraged. I wish I could be stronger, but I'm ready to meet my daughter.

I'm a professor and a domestic goddess married to my ideal mate. We are living in bliss with our new baby girl, Rowan Graham, born October 8, 2010.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:53 PM

went to the chiropractor today. everything was actually really balanced in my pelvis. heres to hoping that its a sign my body is about to go into labor. if nothing else I am much more comfortable after an adjustment though!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 PM

Im not overdue yet (just 37+2). I had my home visit with my mw today and she mentioned that taking 3 homeopathics might help prevent going way overdue. You take ONE tablet of the three every other day:

Caullophylum (take one day 1)
Cimici Fuga (take one day 3)
Arnica (take one day 5)

Repeat until baby makes his or her arrival.

I'm not all about getting that baby out as soon as possible, but having gone 41 +2 last time and less than 48 hrs away from scheduled induction, I'm considering options less aggressive than castor oil.

User Tag List