Weekly Chat (Oct 3rd - Oct 9th) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 10-03-2010, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,

I just thought I would start a new weekly chat thread. How is everyone doing? We had so many births last week!!!

: Congrats to all the new October DDC mamas and new LOs!

My induction was originally scheduled for this afternoon but was rescheduled for tomorrow evening. This baby has a day and a half to make an appearance on her own. Come on LO!

*** 5 **** 10 **** 15 **** 20 **** 25 **** 30 **** 35 * * * 40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 10-03-2010, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Virgo you way! Here's hoping she comes out tonight!

It's amazing how many bundles were born this last week! Wow! Some could hardly wait for October to come!!

Me, I'm 37 + 3 days and feeling stronger BH this week + extra mucas so hopefully soon soon SOON!!!!! I've never carried past 37 + 6 so anytime .

Can't wait!

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
#3 of 18 Old 10-03-2010, 01:02 PM

My c/s is in 12 days... 11 if you don't count the day it is actually on! I am SO ready but so NOT at the same time!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#4 of 18 Old 10-03-2010, 01:49 PM

I would like the little one to cook for at least another week and then, baby, I'm ready to go. I cut my work hours this week and I feel so.much.better. Physically, not financially. :P As long as I rest regularly I am hanging in there-- went to church this morning and everyone was looking at me sideways like my water was going to break when I went up for communion. It didn't though.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#5 of 18 Old 10-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Hello everyone I am new here and love this site!! Buuuut, my 'edd' is tomorrow, changed from 9.29 a few weeks ago. Thankfully I have had such a great pregnancy, most friends of mine that are pregnant are complaining all the time and most of the days I don't even feel pregnant so I feel very lucky! I'm as ready as I possibly can be for her, so just playing the waiting game.. but having no contractions, no back pressure, nothing so trying not to get my hopes up.. just praying she comes so I don't have to be induced! I'm really looking forward to a water birth, sooo we'll see! Cmon out Emma!

I am a SAHM to a 21 mo and number 2 due sometime in January smile.gifhippie.giftreehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg sewmachine.gif caffix.gif

My hubby and I are madly in lovepartners.gif and loving the life we are creating.
Baby love born naturally 10.14.10  familybed1.gif  ecbaby2.gif saynovax.gif slinggirl.gifcd.gif bfinfant.gif
#6 of 18 Old 10-03-2010, 02:29 PM

I saw a little mucusy discharge yesterday so I've been checking EVERY time I go pee, but it was only the one time and not that much. So I guess mine is going to come out S-L-O-W-L-Y and drive me crazy with checking all the time. I'll just be happy that its coming out so I know that its starting. I know birth could be weeks from now, but I'll know that the process has started. Ya know?
But I still don't want birth to happen for another week or two so Daddy will be able to stay home and not leave with his command. But physically and mentally, I'm ready now.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#7 of 18 Old 10-03-2010, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katri'smama View Post
Virgo you way! Here's hoping she comes out tonight!
Thank you Katri'smama! Me too!

cierra!

Sending "keep baking" vibes to your LO southernmommie!

#8 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 AM

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. I still feel great, just a little achey at night. Feeling some increasing pressure in my pelvis (hopefully means this baby is starting to engage, because my ribs are bruised from his/her butt up there all the time!) and more Braxton-Hicks the past few days than all the previous months put together. However, although I'm ecstatic that my body seems to be gearing up, I'm pretty sure baby will stay put for a couple more weeks yet Which is fine with me

Baby dipes are all washed and prepped...baby clothes and blankets are going in the wash today. Tomorrow I have to attend a briefing on base about getting the baby's birth certificate in a foreign country, then Wednesday I have another prenatal with my midwives, then Thursday the FMO people are coming to get the loaner furniture out of here now that our stuff finally made its way over here! And then I can finally organize and nest, once the house isn't so cluttered with two of everything. And I need at least a week or two for that---so yeah, baby stay in! Oh, and I'm cooking and freezing up a storm this week and next, so hopefully the freezer will be nice and full by the time the baby arrives.

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#9 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck, virgo!!

I'm 39w2d! We spent most of the day at the Feast of the Hunter's Moon yesterday (we usually re-enact out there, but weren't able to this year ) eating yummy food and walking around. Had some promising contractions that evening, but they never picked up. My contractions are still mostly just tight and not terribly painful. So I see the OB again on Thursday, and I'm hoping I'll be dilated some so she can stretch and sweep.
#10 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 09:26 AM
hyz

Good luck today, Virgo!!!!

Southernmommie, hope your LO is born at the right time to keep DH home--your EDD isn't for awhile, so hopefully that will happen!!!

Yesterday was my 30th birthday, and I had a lovely day with DH and DD, relaxing a bit, getting ready for the baby, and going to a fall festival with pumpkin picking, roast corn, fresh apple cider, etc. We're ALMOST ready for the baby to come now, thanks heavens!! Most of the scary to-do list items are taken care of--there's still lots more on it, but we wouldn't be *totally* screwed if the baby were born tomorrow without those things being done. The baby has to stay in until at least the 9th, though--that's when my OB gets back in town. She attended my DD's birth, and I feel good about her, so I don't want to take a chance on anyone else.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#11 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 10:45 AM

I'm sure the birthing waves will peter out. I've been having them since 2am. I'm up and still having them. I'm still tired because I didn't sleep all that well with them. Hopefully after the kids get up and get ready for school they'll peter out. I've been unusually tired all weekend.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#12 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 12:11 PM

Good Luck today Virgo.....I will be keeping you in my thoughts!

Today is my first official day of maternity leave.....I am not "due" until next Tuesday, but I am hoping for this week

If not...oh well! I get to spend some much needed time with DS, and myself, I'm going to take a Dance for Birth class tonight, make some curtains, and more diapers, maybe get a massage So I will be keeping myself busy!

Congrats to all the mama's again.......I so enjoyed the pictures posted recently!

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
#13 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Good luck today Virgo.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#14 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 PM

My EDD isn't until Oct. 27, but I'm RIDICULOUSLY eager--way more so than I was the first time, when I felt like I wouldn't mind staying pregnant forever. My 1st was born the day before her EDD, and I keep telling myself that means this one will come sooner, but of course it doesn't mean anything at all.

With both pregnancies, I've had tons of BH from the 1st trimester, so I don't get excited about those. I have been feeling crampy on and off, which I didn't feel the first time until she was READY to go. But just a little mucous, no show, and starting to think I'm in for a long several weeks of waiting. My MW will be at a conference from the 14-17, so with my luck, I'll go then--but at this point, I don't care! Bring it on! I'll catch the baby myself!!!

Every time my husband walks in the door, he says, "Did your water break???" (The funny thing is, neither of us actually loves the newborn phase...I think we'd just like to get it over with so we can get to the good stuff, i.e. smiles and eye contact...followed by talking and running!)
#15 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much ladies!

I believe they said the hospital has wireless so I'll keep you posted!

#16 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 04:22 PM

GL Virgo! Looking forward to updates

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#17 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 08:52 PM

No word from virgo yet that I've seen - hoping for updates soon!

I am feeling SO ready. I'm feeling lots of pressure, lots of tightness & BH, and in general, am uncomfortable and achey. My EDD isn't for another 2 weeks, though, so I may just have to suck it up for a bit longer. I went 10 days early with my DD, but don't think one early delivery equates to an early delivery for this one (what do you all think? please say 'any day now'!).
#18 of 18 Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 PM

Good luck Virgo... hope to hear updates soon!

I'm 37 weeks and starting to get VERY excited. However, I still don't have everything I need for home birth, so I hope that my baby will stick around for a bit. I went 41 + 2 with my first, so I highly doubt this baby will be born this week or next... or maybe not till November. Yikes.

Working full-time with a lengthy commute has officially become a major pain in the arse (literally!!). My heart really isn't in it, but I have to power through till the 14th. I find myself whining a lot. I'm going to try to go to bed now, since sleep has become a hot commodity. Will read a chapter of Ina May's Guide to Childbirth before calling it a night.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page