Nausea and a generally icky feeling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2010, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night I spent several hours nauseated and with this generally gross feeling of wanting to crawl out of my own skin. I took a bath and it sort of helped but as soon as I got out of the tub and dried off, the feeling came back. I remember feeling this way about 24 hours before my first was born, but nothing has happened so far...

I also had some very strong BH contractions yesterday and overnight, strong enough to make me gasp and even wake me up a few times, and (TMI ahead) a lot of pressure that almost feels like constipation but isn't. The baby is SO LOW and so engaged that I can barely walk and my saddle muscles are just incredibly tender and sore and achy.

Is it possible I could walk around for several more weeks this way? I haven't had any other signs of impending labor but I feel like I'm about to burst and I'm not even 38 weeks (until Friday). Sorry to complain but I'm just so miserably uncomfortable right now. I don't remember it being nearly this intolerable the first time.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 04:19 PM

I'm going through the exact same thing. I started a thread this morning on this titled Prodromal Labor. It sucks. Especially the nausea thing. I had it yesterday morning and then again last night. Just really nauseas for no reason. I'll be 37 weeks this Friday. Today isn't as bad as yesterday was, but its still continuing. I'm hoping I don't go past 2 weeks of this. My third baby was really low also and once my water broke, she was born one contraction later. She slid out so fast. My overall active labor with her didn't take but a few hours also. She was already so low and I had prodromal labor with her also. (Actually, had it with 3 out of 4 of my kiddos.)

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been feeling this way for about the last week I'm due on Saturday, but I'm guessing I've still got another week at least to go. Sigh.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 PM

Same here-- lots of contractions and pressure and off/on nausea. And spotting, too (tmi but I think it is the plug). I have blocked out most memories of prodomal labor from the last time (ha) but it was about 2 weeks of this, I think. I will have as many as 5-8 contractions in an hour but they are irregular, and they only go on for a few hours.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
Old 10-05-2010, 10:49 PM

yeah I'm feeling the crappy prodromal stuff too. Every 4 minutes the contractions have been going this evening :P But probably nothing.

I found eating regularly helped with the nausea, it was definitely a low blood sugar thing for me. I'd go look at what helped you in the first tri with it and see if that helps too. Heart burn is my current nemesis.

Mama to DD1 4/08fly-by-nursing1.gif and DD2 10/10 bfinfant.gifcd.gifcat.gif

User Tag List