Got stretched and sweeped(swept?) today - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Even though I'm only 3 days over due I opted to get stretched today by my midwife.
Before today I'd had some cramping BHs but nothing to write home about.
Since I want to avoid being induced I opted to start S&S today, I go again on Thursday and maybe again over the weekend.

It wasn't bad at all. I used my hypnobabies switch and felt some pressure and light cramping during it but nothing that I would consider painful, no worse than a pap.

She stretched me to 2cm and said my cervix was soft and at 30%. Since then I've been having cramps on and off that are stronger than before and again using my hypnobabies tools to coast through them.

I really want to go into labour while my 1st midwife is on call because I've seen her the most and feel the most comfortable with her. Plus she did the home visit and our dog met her, which sounds silly but is sort of important to me.

I'm hoping that I can be one of those women who goes into labour after only one s&s.
#2 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 12:37 AM

Good luck! I hope the S&S does the trick. There is a New Moon on Thursday, maybe that will help too.

Oh, and I totally understand about the dog bit.
#3 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 AM

i'm thinking of asking my mw to do that today, im 3 days over but seriously have to avoid induction as well.... it basically isn't an option as Im HBAC and my hospital will only repeat section in the case of overdue vbac mommas :S

i really hate that im going to resort to this rather than just trust that i'll go into labour, i know i will but i cant take the risk iykwim

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#4 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 AM

I hope you go into labor soon!

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#5 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck!! I'm hoping to be open enough to have a stretch and sweep tomorrow morning. I don't expect it to put me into labor, but I'm hoping to get a nice hormonal release to help ripen up my cervix.
#6 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 10:44 AM

Good luck hopefully you go into labor soon!!! I think that's what me and DH are going in for Friday, yesterday she said my cervix was soft but barely open :/ but she didn't want to stimulate it too much, she told me to try B & B cohosh, so going to try that today, and a few other things before friday in hopes I go into labor on my own.. otherwise I guess that's our plans for Friday. If no baby this weekend Monday I go to the hospital for the nonstress test and 2hr monitoring My FIL is coming into town Sunday night, so i'm really hoping for a baby this weekend! Well keep us updated

I am a SAHM to a 21 mo and number 2 due sometime in January smile.gifhippie.giftreehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg sewmachine.gif caffix.gif

My hubby and I are madly in lovepartners.gif and loving the life we are creating.
Baby love born naturally 10.14.10  familybed1.gif  ecbaby2.gif saynovax.gif slinggirl.gifcd.gif bfinfant.gif
#7 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM

just saw mw she said if she can fit me in her clinic she'll s+s me on friday, if she can't fit me in then there is a drop-in clinic over the weekend at the hospital that i can go to. i dont know why im suddenl so worried. worrying about going overdue was never in my head up until now. stupid really i know as im only 3 days but yeah, dont wanna hospital birth/section. i went 4 days with DS. i pray i can go into labour by myself and that im not broken

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#8 of 8 Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

No labour yet. Lots of cramping that is more intense than what I had before and more frequent but no pattern to them and only a few that woke me up at night. Although last night for the first time my dog jumped up on my bed and rested her head on my belly. Every time I cramped up she would softly grumble it was pretty funny. I wonder if she can hear the baby or if she's just grumbling because her pillow got rock hard!

I thought I'd turn down the S&S but after 40 weeks I know that 14 days is not long at all and that is the midwifery standard for over due here in Ontario at 14 days I'd have to be induced at the hospital.
So now I'm guzzling RRL tea, taking pulsatilla 200c and going for long walks. My friend is going to do some accupressure on me and I might go to my chiropractor tomorrow as well.
This is all very much going against my personality, friends say I'm so laid back I'm practically horizontal! Don't get me wrong I'm not freaking out I'm just trying to get a helping hand.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page