Ingrid Mae is here!!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ingrid Mae 10/03/2010 7lbs 6oz 19 1/4 inches @ 7:29pm. 37w 2d

Story: Friday morning I woke up sick. I wanted to throw up and just knew something was up. I was pretty sure this was a sign my hormones had switched and labor was coming but I didn't want to jinx myself. By 3 pm friday I was pretty sure I was right and went to the mw to be checked, since it was friday afternoon I wanted to know where I was instead of having to go back to l/d and have them send me home. I had a mw appt that morning and was 3, by that afternoon I was 4. She of course sent me back to l/d even though I didn't want to. I knew labor was starting but I also knew I was not in active labor and might not be for a couple of days. She of course sent me home after 2 hours b.c my contractions were non existant. (me.....who was contracting constantly since 32 weeks.) I knew then that my uterus was gearing up to get started.
Saturday morning I had my bloody show and by saturday night I was having contractions but they wouldn't stay around longer than 20 mins at a time. So I went to bed thinking maybe I didn't know my body and I still had 3 weeks to go.
Sunday I had pretty much no contractions. I went and laid down for a nap disapointed and after I fell asleep I was awoken by 3 bangs in my pelvis. I jerked awake so hard my ligaments killed me! I couldn't figure out what happened besides the baby must have punched me three times in row hard. After closing my eyes to go back to bed I felt something coming out down there. Just a trickle. I went to the toilet and peed and when I looked in it I realized the water was too cloudy to be just pee. Just then "GUSH" all over the floor. (apparently just like with DS, when my waters break they do the hollywood gush like the nurse's like to call it).
My water broke at 2pm, we got to the hospital at 330 and I was a 6. I walked for 30 mins and my contractions were getting harder but were not consistent. She checked me and I was a 6 still....so I got an epideral expecting pitocin was soon to follow. Within 15 mins of the epideral my contractions started a perfect wave on the monitor. (I couldn't relax enough for my body to do what it needed to).
An hour later I knew I had to pee as I was feeling pain through the epideral. I couldn't go on the bed pan so I was told to have the mw check me and then we can do a cath (which I desperatly wanted as I knew my bladder was too full). No sooner did the mw go to check me did she say "your complete, lets prepare for deliver." Within 5 mins (literally) my bed was broke down, and there were 8 nurses in the room. I pushed for 20 mins and out came Ingrid peeing a river all over me. The mw said she never has seen a baby pee that much at delivery.
She wasn't pinking up on the lower half of her body so the NICU team came and soon she was fine. I was finally able to relax and enjoy the moment as soon as they left without my baby with them.
My uterus wasn't tightening as much as they wanted so I got pitocin after 45 mins. I then asked to go to the bathroom and ended up peeing for the longest time. The nurse said that was why my uterus wasn't contracting, because my bladder was soooo full it was pushing it up. As soon as I peed my uterus contracted right up and the bleeding slowed.
We are now enjoying being home! She is having trouble nursing as she is only 37 weeks, has jaundice, and a really tiny mouth. The LC said my nipples are a bit overwhelming to her right now but we are trying everyday all day and she is getting better. For most of her feedings she is having breast milk in a bottle which she sucks down and occasionally she will take almost a whole feeding by breast. Her jaundice levels were up today and she is right on the line for readmiting the hospital but the dr is giving us one more day to get them down. I will need to suppliment with formula if she will take more then I am producing just to get her to pee and poop more to get the biliruben out. He is very about breastfeeding but said right now if she will eat more to get it in her after the breast milk so her levels will drop. Thankfully my milk is already in and I am getting at least an oz out of each breast so she isn't taking that much formula if any at most feedings. So we shall see tomorrow if her levels have dropped!
#2 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 05:00 PM

Congrats and welcome baby!

Good luck getting the jaundice levels down!

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#3 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Congratulations and welcome Ingrid! I hope that you are able to get the jaundice under control and you don't have to be readmitted. I like the imagery of "hollywood" water breaking. That's a funny and apt description.

Thanks for sharing your birth story.
#4 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 05:15 PM

Congratulations on your baby! When my dd was born she had jaundice and did not pooh for like 5 days, so the count got higher and higher. The doc said if she didn't poop by the next day I had to take her in because she wasn't getting rid of the billyrueben. My mom said we should give her water, and although the nurses did not approve, we boiled and cooled water and gave her some from a dropper. She went poop that night and her levels went down so she didn't have to go in. Although we did have a billyblanket in the house for the first five or six days too (that's a portable light for the jaundice), so we could be at home. I don't know how you feel about water (not much), but maybe it would get things moving faster.
Anyhow good luck and enjoy your new babe.

Wife to DH mom to DD(09-05) and DD(03/27).joy.gif

#5 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Congrats!!!!! Welcome Ingrid!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#6 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations!
#7 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 09:11 PM

congratulations!

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#8 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 PM

What a gorgeous name!

Welcome to the world little Ingrid!
#9 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 12:39 AM

Congratulations on your little Ingrid!

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#10 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 11:45 AM

congrats! quite a story and i'm glad to hear you are all resting and enjoying little Ingrid. love the name!

Married 16 yrs to DH, DS (3/06) x4 (11/04) (3/08) (3/09) (8/09)
DD born 9/24/2010 :
#11 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your birth story, and I LOVE her name--Mae was even on our short list of middle names for this baby.

Welcome, little Ingrid!

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#12 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 02:53 PM

Congratulations!!

I would try to see a Board-Certified Lactation Consultant for a second opinion on breastfeeding. Some doctors can be very "supportive" of breastfeeding but not be up on the most current research, or really have much knowledge at all. If you can get a supplemental nurser, that would help a lot to stimulate your supply as well as avoid nipple confusion that comes along with a bottle. Or, you can dropper-feed.

Hugs, mama! You're doing the best you can, and despite a rough start you can continue to breastfeed her.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#13 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats Mama!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#14 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 07:35 PM

Yay! Congratulations on your new little one!

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page