Just a Vent... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This isn't really pregnancy related... except a little bit My parents are getting on my last nerve. Don't get me wrong, I love them and appreciate how much they are helping me out right, but seriously? Lay off our parenting choices!!!! We don't start vaxes till 6 months... we don't do flu shots or chicken pox at all. My kid won't be getting a hep B vax at birth. They came home today all "we got flu shots, to protect the baby! when are you getting yours?" I was like... ummm, we aren't? We never have, not starting now... then my dad pulls out the prize winners... if you and the kids aren't vax-ed what if they get us sick? Umm... you got vax-ed shouldn't that mean you don't get it? If you think you could get it anyway why get vax-ed? Also... apparently not getting the flu vax is on the same par as standing in the middle of the street...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#2 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 03:17 PM

yeah their logic is a little flawed. Vaxes are something people have a lot of strong opinions about, I find it best to just not talk about it mostly!

Mama to DD1 4/08fly-by-nursing1.gif and DD2 10/10 bfinfant.gifcd.gifcat.gif
#3 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

It is seriously like my biggest pet peeve when people are like well.... if you don't get vaxed you will get me sick. Like, seriously? You got vaxed to not get sick.. that makes no sense!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#4 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 PM

The problem with thinking about vaccinations this way is that they are not administered for the health of individuals but for the health of entire populations... "you didn't get vaxed so I'm going to get sick" doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

You shouldn't have to explain anything like that to them, anyway. It's a personal decision, end of story.

Also harassing pregnant women about their choices should be a felony. :P

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#5 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Like I said... I love them but they are very opinionated and still think of me as a little kid that they need to steer in the right direction!! It is SO aggravating though. Not to mention I think they are at more risk to get the flu from the hundreds of non-vaxed college students they teach on a daily basis than my toddlers who don't do much besides playgroups with friends.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page