My one-week-old is sick! :( - Mothering Forums
October 2010 > My one-week-old is sick! :(
ILovePie's Avatar ILovePie 06:23 AM 10-09-2010
His big brother gave him a cold. He's sick and he's tongue-tied. Poor guy can hardly eat before he has to unlatch and breathe, and he's still needing a good bit of help latching :-(

I'm off to buy a nosefrida first thing in the morning. Right now I'm up (it's about 4:30AM) after feeding him. I feel so bad for him!

CherryBomb's Avatar CherryBomb 09:42 AM 10-09-2010
Awww, poor baby I hope he's better soon!
EzzysMom's Avatar EzzysMom 10:02 AM 10-09-2010
I was just going to suggest the nosefrida! hope he gets better soon, make sure you get plenty of good nutrients yourself and consider pumping if you think he's not getting enough so you can just dropper it into his mouth.
Eresh's Avatar Eresh 12:27 PM 10-09-2010
I'm so sorry. That sounds scary!

DS1 has had a bit of a cough the last couple of days and I'm so scared he will give something to the baby =\ I hope your little guy gets better soon!
Kelly1101's Avatar Kelly1101 12:33 PM 10-09-2010
DDCC... my new little guy caught a cold from his big sister when he was only a week old. He had a wicked runny nose and was rather miserable for a day or two, but I think he even got less sick than she did-- he bounced back really well. Keep in mind that the baby is getting so much good immunity from your milk.

I know how much this sucks, hope he feels better soon!
RiverSky's Avatar RiverSky 02:59 PM 10-09-2010
I find that taking a baby into a hot steamy batroom with a hot shower running does wonders to help clear them up. Just take a chair inthere and hang out, maybe nurse while holdung baby upright (so that gravity helps with the runny nose). I also put eucalyptus essential oil on pillowcases where we are sleeping or laying and sometimes right on our PJs or t-shirts, so that the scent helps clear out our passages, too.
Posted via Mobile Device
meriberi_00's Avatar meriberi_00 05:51 PM 10-09-2010
My 2.5 year old got my baby sick too He seems to be doing better today though, thank goodness! Hope your lo gets better soon!

Meredith
Up