October Chat! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Couldnt find a weekly chat thread, and they tend to not get that long anyway so I thought I'd start one for the month.

Firstly, congrats to all the Mama's and Papa's who have had their babes! I just love logging in in the morning and seeing a new babe has been born I cant wait for my turn!

How is everyone doing?
For the last two nights I have been convinced that my labour is starting while I'm sleeping. Like I'm kind of half awake thinking that I'm having contractions, but I never fully wake up. So annoying!
I'm 39 weeks now and so ready for this baby to be born. Sometimes I have a mini freak out when I realise that I'll very likely have a new babe in the next two weeks

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 05:16 PM

I haven't been coming here very often. It's kind of disappointing to read all these babies being born and not mine. It's okay though. I know my baby will come when he's ready.

Belly is hard most of the time. Hoping that baby is in prime position for birthing. House is ready. Carpets got shampoo'd by DH yesterday. I'm going to put the chicken on for dinner here in an hour. Rolls are done in the oven beeping at me right now. I have lots of laundry to do today. But other than that, I'm taking it easy on the cleaning. Just maintenance. Dishes, sweeping, vacuuming. I've done the deep cleaning already that I wanted done, so now it's just a waiting for baby game. I'm at that point.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-12-2010, 05:34 PM

We are doing good here... 3 days till baby day!! It is a little surreal to think that most likely by this time Friday I will be holding my baby! Ack!! I'm still really bummed that DH won't be able to be here... but I am coming to terms with it. Luckily he should still be in the country so we can skype and stuff. Still sad he won't meet the little booger till he is like 6-8 months old tho. We have mostly just been trying to get last minute things done around here, like organizing and picking up little odds and ends that got lost when we moved.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 PM

I'm just hanging out. 37 weeks. I probably have a while to go. My midwives made me stop working because my BP was getting higher. We still have a couple of things to buy, but we're pretty much ready. Just waiting now. It feels good to relax and be off work. I log in constantly now to see whose babies are here. So exciting!

Chely- so soon! How exciting!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 10-12-2010, 09:39 PM

38 weeks today. I'm fine with still being pregnant but the "false labor" thing is driving me a little bonkers. I've been steadily losing the plug, though, so I think I must be dilating. I have started the evening contraction blitz, we will see if it goes anywhere tonight. ;-)

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
Old 10-12-2010, 10:16 PM

I'm here-37 wks and 4 days...been crampy and lots of BH. really feeling ready, so hopefully this lil one will come soon! congrats to all the new mamas!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 PM

I am 37 weeks and 2 days.

I have been having cramps all day for like two days now, but no real contractions. I don't really think I'm going to have any contractions before I am really having contractions. I keep thinking about what its going to be like going into labor without any aids, castor oil. Maybe with some kind of sleep the night before.

My son is acting like he knows something is about to change, he cries all the time and has been really acting up which is a challenge for the patience of a very pregnant very tired mama. Not to mention that last week everyone in our house had colds.

Oh a plus note I had my mother blessing this weekend and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. It was so great I can't even explain it and I would suggest it if you have someone who would like to give you one.

After the blessing I posted a picture of my awesome belly henna on facebook and my MIL got really rude with me in the comments. First she said "It was really hurtful that I wasn't there considering that you wouldn't even have that belly if it wasn't for my son." Then she deleted that post and changed it to "Jane and I would have liked to participate. It's kind of hurtful to not be included in the special things especially as I am the grandma "

She is on a kick about being an evangelical christian right now, which I don't have any problems with, but I just don't believe that she would have been very accepting of the Mother Blessing ceremony. And it also might have let the cat out of the bag that I am pagan.

Just frustrating.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
Old 10-13-2010, 12:57 AM

All the mama's that are still waiting on their babes probably don't wanna hear this. My little Talia turned 3 weeks old today. Wow. How did that happen already. I can't get over how fast she is growing and how fast her personality is coming out. I love to hear her sigh when she is content and fuss when she is annoyed.

She is getting these cute little fat rolls on her now. She was so slim when I had her. It still amazes me that I can bring this life into the world and sustain it. This sounds corny, but I am still in awe of it all.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 AM

I would love to hear what a Mother Blessing is and if there is a website that gives me more information on it!!!! Sounds great!! I'm glad you had a great time too. It's so comforting having it all go well.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-13-2010, 03:19 AM

Harmony - That sounds like a tough situation! My kids have been pretty spazzy the past week too... and everyone has colds! I hope everyone is healthy soon

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 10-13-2010, 10:48 AM

Harmony, I can't believe your MIL said that! I wouldn't have invited her, either. In fact I didn't invite any of my inlaws to mine last weekend either. They are all catholic and would have been confused and probably wouldn't have liked it. Hopefully you can ignore the comment. Or delete it from your page. I would. Sounds like you might have the same issues once the baby is born of her wanting to be involved in every. single. thing. Sometimes I think I'm going to have that issue with my mom. She's all-consumed with this being her grandchild, not much concern for the fact that it's MY baby, it seems. I have to keep reminding her.

Southernmommie- it can be different for everyone but you can search Blessingway or Mother Blessing here on MDC and find good info. It has roots in Native American and pagan traditions. Mine specifically was to bless me into motherhood and a way to honor the passage of Maiden to Mother. This is what we did, but there aren't any rules:

Food (of course) and it was all round food.
House blessed with sage, salt and water
Everyone brought a poem about children or parenting
Everyone painted blessings and symbols on my belly, while my mom braided my hair
A cord was tied around my belly and then around each person's wrist. Then a blessing was said and positive energy was sent my way for the birth, then we cut the cord and everyone will wear their bracelets until our baby is born.
A candle was sent home with everyone to light when they hear the word that labor has started.
We then sat around and talked about baby stuff.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 10-13-2010, 11:51 AM

That sounds amazing! Thanks.

Well, I started losing my plug yesterday. Which doesn't mean anything, but that the process has started. Lol.

We're at mid-week now. It's Wednesday. What does everyone have planned? Me? Walmart for more yarn. Maybe some doughnuts too. I've been craving them the past few days.

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-13-2010, 12:00 PM

I have 2 days to go... as in, this time Friday morning we will be at the hospital. I think I am still in denial about actually HAVING a baby! Today the big boys need their nails clipped and I should do some small stuff around the house. Tomorrow I have to do my pre-op stuff at the hospital and any last minute crap I think of. Have I mentioned it still hasn't quite sunk in that I am having a BABY?!?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:08 PM

Nothing to big for me today, I have a midwife appt tonight and she will do my GBS swab. Really hoping I am not +, I was last time and the antibiotics where worse than labor most of the time.

Donuts!!!
I love donuts and cider this time of year and I would recommend if you have a Tim Hortons in your area they have these apple cinnamon donuts that are wonderful. I have had one almost every day for two weeks now.

As far as MIL goes. I just told her that it was really a 'friends' thing and I would love to spend some special time with her and her sister, my second mil, I suggested maybe we get a pedicure and have dinner or something and to let me know when was good for her.

She replied oh I just saw your mom was there, and I'm not really into pedicures.

She doesn't really want to hang out or make the effort she just wants to complain and play like she has big hurt feelings. She has all this resentment going on right now because we are doing a homebirth and she is sure we are killing our child by doing this and probably me as well. It's an ongoing thing with her, she complains but don't want anyone to fix it or change it because then she couldn't complain anymore.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
Old 10-13-2010, 12:26 PM

Oh I forgot to mention that I am getting a massage and adjustment tomorrow and a date night on friday and apple picking on saturday I'm so excited!!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabithaB View Post
All the mama's that are still waiting on their babes probably don't wanna hear this. My little Talia turned 3 weeks old today. Wow. How did that happen already. I can't get over how fast she is growing and how fast her personality is coming out. I love to hear her sigh when she is content and fuss when she is annoyed.

She is getting these cute little fat rolls on her now. She was so slim when I had her. It still amazes me that I can bring this life into the world and sustain it. This sounds corny, but I am still in awe of it all.
I don't mind hearing new baby stories! Gets me excited to know whats right around the corner

I just past my due date :P I was late with DS too....should have known! I just keep wondering if I should just chill and go about my daily business, or if I should really be trying.....hmmm.....so far I have chosen just chill! Probably because last weekend was really tough for me....false labor, pulled round ligament, not a lot of sleep. Bleh.....woe is me right!

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 PM

i'm hanging in there! 39+ weeks with my twins. i posted this seperately but i cant believe they havent come yet.

i do feel so ready for them to come and want to get to this next step. at the same time, im not really doing anything to encourage it either. i get a ton of contractions (mild ones) at night, and ive been going to bed. that's what mw encourages to do. when i wake up to pee a few hours later, i am always sad that it didnt bring on real labor.

i should probably go on walks or try sex or something... but im not!! lol. i know they will come when they are ready.

last check cervix was 2-3/80% and baby a was engaged. so i know the contractions are doing something. my plug came out (tmi i know) a few days ago.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:54 PM

mauri456- You've done an amazing job carrying those twins this far already. I don't blame you for not wanting to encourage them to come out. They'll come. That's how I am right now. I'm not walking, brings on harder braxton hicks. No sex, just don't want to deal with that. (Normally, during pg, I'm all about it. Just not this time.) Not doing any natural ways. Just chillin' and getting my house in order. It already is, but with 4 other kids, there is always a few toys and clothes hanging out on our floors and crumbs in the kitchen, dishes to be washed, clothes to be laundered. Just minor maintenance on this end. I'm really enjoying the relaxing time. I found a cool blog I've been reading through the past posts and knitting. I cook usually once a day and let the older kids fend for their snacks and such. Works for now.

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-13-2010, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

I feel......different today. Somethings different. I'm more achy and crampy but I'm not contracting. I had a big emotional breakdown last night, and that happened the day before I went into labour with DD too.... Have midwife appointment today

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM

Melly24 I had a total super emotional freakout (unrelated to the baby) 4-5 hours before my water broke this time... nak

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Wow, Mauri, twins! Great job staying relaxed and cool. They'll come when they're ready.

Chely, two days!! Crazy! Enjoy the next couple days of doing things.

Melly, good luck at your appt! Maybe something is happening.

This is my plan this week- my home birth midwives want me evaluated at my OB's for the blood pressure stuff. That's today. Bloodwork, etc. Then because of this thread, I'm getting some donuts! Woohoo! Tomorrow is acupuncture. Then Friday is my regular midwife appt. Saturday is some errands for the birth tub hose and a few other things. Resting and relaxing is between it all.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 PM

I got my doughnut this morning!! Woohoo! It was devine. Especially since I'm not suppose to eat it with this stupid pregnancy diabetes thing. But it was sooo yummy! Then went to Walmart to get some more cotton yarn for knitting, some fever medicine for baby girl.. she's teething and really warm and cranky, and a 2 liter soda since we get paid tomorrow I didn't want to get a 12 pack if I didn't like this soda. This afternoon I've had a few serious pressure waves, but not close together. I think with losing my plug yesterday, my body is getting down to business. Yay! Not too much longer now. I kinda hope it starts during the day. That way I can keep myself occupied and busy. Who knows what will really happen though. Lol.

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-13-2010, 08:10 PM

Still hanging out... still contracting. The babe feels a little lower today, though, and the contractions were waking me up last night, so maybe things are on their way a bit more. Who knows?
I see the midwife tomorrow and am basically done at work (at least with clients) tomorrow, too-- with all these contractions, I almost wonder if when I feel "done" is when things will start to happen.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
Old 10-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Total babymoon here. He is 12 days old. He is heaven. He was born 9#5oz, took him home at 8#9oz and today he is 10# even. Still looks so scrawny though...except his chubby cheeks...apparently that's where all the milk is going.

I had a blessing and we're Catholic - it was a great experience! The nice thing is you can customize it to really suit your own beliefs but it's definitely more intimate than a baby shower, so I can understand why you had to make hard choices and wouldn't invite MIL, harmony. Very nice of you to offer to have a day out together though! Funny thing is, I had mine w/my 4th and my mom and sisters were all put out about having to come. Like what's the big deal? LOL Sometimes ya just can't win...sigh.

The last few days I have had a huge ache either on my pelvic floor or it's my tailbone area - how sad is it that I can't tell? LOL It's either a dull ache or an almost shooting pain so I kinda wonder if something shifted and it's pinching a nerve down there? IDK, but it stinks. And it's weird that I've had just about no pain at all and then 10 days after delivery it hits? Freakish.

I've got an appointment on Monday to check my BP and see if I can come off the meds. I can. My BP has still been relatively high though checking at home...sometimes as low as 124/70ish but more often than not in the 140/80 range.

Alrighty, I need to get some kiddos to bed...it's a school night. I fall in the midwest - awesome color here in MI, but I'm lazy and tonight I miss summer. LOL

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 PM

I hope your blood pressure does finally come down! Good luck!

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-14-2010, 02:27 AM

I'm here, hanging out at 39 weeks, 2 days. I've been having constant Braxton-Hicks this week, and then last night a bit of a labor scare. About two hours before we went to bed, I started having the same painless ctx as I have been having, except this time I could feel them in my cervix, like pulling and stretching and achy feelings. So I sat on the birth ball and dh and I watched a movie (while I got up to pee every 15 minutes lol!). I had about 12-14 of those ctx in 2 hours but they petered out once I got to bed I was worried they would keep me up, so I'm glad I got a good nights sleep! Maybe labor isn't 2 weeks away...maybe I'll be having this baby sooner than I thought!

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM

38 weeks today. Still here. Still no baby. I have a few errands to run today to finish up my grocery shopping, then I'll be done till the first of the month. Every time I go to bed, I keep hoping that my baby's birth will start that night. In reality, I want it to start during the day. I just want something to happen. Lol. I have 2-4 weeks left depending on which date you go by. If you go by the 40 or 42 week mark. So I know that sometime soon I'll have this baby. But it is starting to seem like it will never come. I know it will though.

How many other moms are here who haven't had their baby yet?

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-15-2010, 01:01 PM
hyz

Today is my due date!! No baby yet, but I feel like he may come soon. I had my OB appt yesterday, and she said I was already dilated 3cm (at 37 weeks I had no dilation) and the baby is at -1 station. With my daughter, it took about 24 straight hours of real contractions to get to that point (about half of them easy hours, and the second half being pretty brutal). So I feel very encouraged! I haven't had any real, regular contractions yet, but I've had rhythmic BH ctx this week, some of which feel pretty strong, but eventually peter out after an hour or so. I swear I can feel them working on my cervix, though, sometimes. It would be kind of cool if the baby were born on Sunday--that was my wonderful grandfather's birthday, and it would be nice, plus I know the symbolism of it would mean a lot to my mom.

I'm still at work full time, but trying to wrap things up here--can't wait to be on leave with the new little pumpkin!!

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
Old 10-15-2010, 06:56 PM

I'm at 39 weeks, 4 days here and feeling just so ready! I want to meet this little guy! I'm having increasing BH and am currently experiencing a period-like constant crampy feeling...but I may have to just pee...

I had my last scheduled prenatal visit yesterday (and was a little bummed to have to schedule one more next week) and the baby is definitely very low, but I turned down the cervical check -- I just don't think knowing if I am dilated and how much will make the waiting any easier...it'll just make me MORE anxious.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Still here. Still pregnant. I'm adding 2 weeks onto my guess date to psych myself out in a way. That way I won't be disappointed if I make it to my guess date.

m/c '97 and in '03

User Tag List