End of the month due date mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wanted to see how many of us are left. We aren't overdue (yet!) and I wanted to see how everyone is feeling.

I had my hopes up that the baby will come early, since the last one did. But I keep disappointing myself thinking maybe today is the day. I'm trying to be positve but I really want to meet this baby.

How's everyone else doing? When is your guess date? Mine is the 27th.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#2 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 10:30 AM

<--------- 29th here. I've gone as early as 35 weeks so this is almost like torture. I've had dr's say I most likely wouldn't go this long also. But yet, here I am. I know its only 38 weeks, but it seems like its been too long. Even though I "could" go another 4 1/2-5 weeks. I did sleep really good last night and didn't want to wake up this morning. And its raining here which doesn't make it an easier either. My hubby got a late start this morning also. Its just one of those days I guess. Today is my last baby's birthday. She turns a big 1 today!!! We had a little celebration yesterday with just one of our neighbors and us. It was nice.
I'm not even having any more BH's. I'll get like 1-3 in the afternoon and they get really tight and then that's it. I lost a little more of my plug yesterday evening. So that isn't really telling me anything. Other than I might have another week to go. I am just so eager to start birthing this baby. I eagerly await ANY pressure wave!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#3 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 AM

You know what I just thought of? I should have told myself that my guess date was in early November instead of going with my LMP which was late October.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#4 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 10:35 AM

I'm here! Almost 39 weeks and in a serious whiney mood this morning. I had one early and one on the edd, but have been having so much prodromal labor/ loss of plug stuff/ etc. that I had been thinking I would go early. But so far, nope. Last night I had a long period of serious, real contractions that were 5 minutes apart-- I was sure it must be the real thing. But then they just stopped. Ugh! I was up every 60-90 minutes last night, between contractions and having to pee.
I have no guess date because I don't want to keep second-guessing my body here.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#5 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Yep, still here.

I'm due somewhere between the 25th (based on my short cycle/basal body temp/ feeling OV date) and the 27th based on LMP and ultrasound. I went 9-11 days late with my first baby (had the same small dating issue last time.) No problems btw. DS was in great shape, so was the placenta and there was no meconium in the fluid.

So anyway, I have been telling myself that I will go late. I have the 31st in my head (Halloween!) but am mentally (if not emotionally) prepared to go into November. My MW had to convince me to quit work at the end of 38 weeks 'cause I've been so sure all along that I'll go late.

However: I have been having some mild CTX/strong BH and some strong "twingy" feelings in my cervix. Last pregnancy I felt pretty much nothing at 39 weeks, which makes me hold out hope that I won't go so late this time. Maybe even this week?? I've gone ahead and made a bunch of plans for the week, so on some level I'm still thinking I'll go late. I'm taking EPO both ways right now and I think I might book some acupuncture if nothing has happened by the 27th. I wish I could be more patient, especially since going overdue was not a problem last time, but those days post EDD were sooooo long. I'm impatient to meet my little babe, plus I really want a HB this time and meconium in the amniotic fluid is automatic transfer to the hospital.

I'm glad there are a few of us who will be here till the end of the month or even into November
#6 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 11:06 AM

I'm due on the 31st but am kind of feeling like today might be my day. I woke up this morning with contractions and they have been on and off all morning so we'll see if they turn into anything or if they just work themselves out.

This is new to me as I didn't have any BH with my son.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#7 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 12:13 PM

Ooh Harmony, I hope this is it for you! I have a friend that predicts gender and due date with so far a 100% accuracy and she says my baby will come tomorrow. I doubt it.

I'm here. I have two guess dates. Either Oct 28 or Nov 2. So we've been using the middle of those and saying Oct 31. I've been doing EPO because I've had borderline PIH. Sometimes my BP is up, and sometimes it's perfect, so my midwives are just kind of naturally ripening things up. Last appt, at 37 weeks, I allowed a check and I'm 1cm and super super soft. I've always thought that I'd go before 40 weeks. I know I'm a first-timer so probably not, I've just always thought so. I'm being patient though. I'm off work now because of the up and down BP so today I'm washing diapers and clothes and the birth tub is set up and ready. Just relaxing and waiting now.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#8 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 12:46 PM

I'm still here, too (EDD 10/26)... and trying to be calm about it. Went for acupressure on Friday and nothing, so I'm going to go again tonight.

Actually, I wouldn't have any problem being calm about it if it weren't for the fact that due to my gestational diabetes, the midwives "had" to schedule a C/S for November 2 (41 weeks). Ugh--I really want a VBAC. If I have to have a C/S, I want it to be because it's needed after a trial of labor, not for some stupid arbitrary date. But these midwives have been so positive about the VBAC (and I do think they are my best chance in the area to have a VBAC), so I am trying to stay upbeat and not be confrontational until I have to be. They have to work with the hospital's rules. I guess I could just not show up Nov. 2, right?

Question: For those who have lost some of the mucus plug, what does that look like? Didn't happen with DS, but I keep checking for things everytime I go to the bathroom, hoping something is happening.

There's me, DH, and the little guy (8/05). Expecting another little one 10/10! Hoping for a .
#9 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 03:00 PM

Hi there.

I'm due this Friday (the 22nd). Have an appointment with my midwives this afternoon and don't expect to learn much except that the babe is still locked and loaded, head-down, almost fully engaged and just...hanging in there.

Still having prodromal labor almost daily but it's slowed down a lot in the last few days, which is really frustrating. Just trying to finish last minute tasks like knitting a needle case for my annoyingly unorganized collection of knitting needles and making pumpkin bread to freeze.

It's a full moon on Saturday. I'm hopeful that means...something.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#10 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 03:05 PM

still here too-due on the 30th. MY DD1 was born 5 days after her EDD, so I'm not expecting to go early, but would really love too! I'm so impatient and cranky lol. not too much to report from my uterus though-just the occasional BH. these last weeks are draaaaaaaaaaging!!!
#11 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
Hi there.

I'm due this Friday (the 22nd). Have an appointment with my midwives this afternoon and don't expect to learn much except that the babe is still locked and loaded, head-down, almost fully engaged and just...hanging in there.

Still having prodromal labor almost daily but it's slowed down a lot in the last few days, which is really frustrating. Just trying to finish last minute tasks like knitting a needle case for my annoyingly unorganized collection of knitting needles and making pumpkin bread to freeze.

It's a full moon on Saturday. I'm hopeful that means...something.
Where did you get the pattern for your knitted case? I need one of those too!!

I also have 2 guess dates. LMP says Oct. 29th. Ultrasound at 20 weeks said Nov. 3rd. But no one told me until I had to switch from midwives to the OB's and I had to take my record with me. I read my record and found out that way. So there's no telling when I could go. 43 weeks from the first date is still like 4 weeks away. So I COULD go another 4-6 weeks until 43 weeks? That sounds like sooooo long! I'm hoping I go soon.

m/c '97 and in '03

#12 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 04:31 PM

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, my guess date is 10/26. I got checked today and was dilated to a 2 and effaced 80%, which is progress from my last appt, but I know means virtually nothing. The MW at my OBs office said to go home have sex and go for a walk; I did let her do a stretch and sweep, so maybe that'll get things going. DH wasn't available to DTD so I had to substitute EPO .
At this point with DD, I had already delivered, so I'm really starting to get impatient and frustrated, especially with all the prodromal labor I've had.

Quote:
Question: For those who have lost some of the mucus plug, what does that look like?
Mine was like raw egg white but thicker.

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#13 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Hello fellow maybe-November-but-hopefully-not mamas.

I'm due the 27th. I have a strong feeling I'll go on a Monday for some reason, so maybe I'll go on the 25th. Every time I think about Mondays I get butterflies. I'm feeling a lot of hormonal rushes, almost like the beginning of pregnancy.

I haven't had an "official" cervix check, but have been checking occasionally myself. Everything feels very soft, stretchy and (can't think of another word) juicy. Cervix is closed but I can insert a fingertip, and depending on my *ahem* activities it is between 50 and 75% effaced. The head, though, is down really low. So low that I feel a pinch in my cervix with every step I take and I constantly feel like I have to poop. The last time my midwife saw me, she commented that I am walking "very carefully."

So, all that information means basically nothing. I went to 40w5d with my first, so I'm pretty much prepared to do that again. I wouldn't complain about an earlier arrival, though.

"For those who have lost some of the mucus plug, what does that look like?"
-Last time it looked like raw egg whites with streaks of blood.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#14 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggingmama View Post
Question: For those who have lost some of the mucus plug, what does that look like? Didn't happen with DS, but I keep checking for things everytime I go to the bathroom, hoping something is happening.
This is oh-so-gross, but as one of my friends put it, "like my vagina sneezed." ;-) With bloody streaks, usually darker brown "old" blood.

Lots of strong contractions again today, but nothing regular. Took the kids to school, watched a movie with the cat and pretended I had no housework.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#15 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemarie42 View Post
and pretended I had no housework.
I've gotten very good at that recently

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#16 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
Where did you get the pattern for your knitted case? I need one of those too!!
It's this little thing: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...le-needle-roll

Nothing too complicated and an easy mindless knit, especially if you use stitch markers.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#17 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 PM

I'm due on Saturday (the 23rd). I tend to go late - or I guess I should say that my babies tend to arrive "late" - so I won't be surprised to have a Halloween baby. I wish that all of these prodromal contractions weren't so annoying, but other than that I am just waiting. I was reading the "things I forgot about the post-partum" thread, and I'm not going to lie it does make me a bit jealous. Especially looking forward to being able to pee normally (ie - more actual pee coming out with longer intervals in between). It's so annoying to have to go every 30 minutes but only a trickle of pee comes out. Okay, vent over. It will all be over relatively soon.

Tara
#18 of 89 Old 10-18-2010, 11:56 PM

I'm due Wednesday (the 20th). Lots of b/h contractions, but that's about it. They were pretty strong last night, but I was a little under-hydrated (I won't even say dehydrated because I've been drinking so much water I don't think it's possible ).

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#19 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 12:50 AM

I'm due the 26th, and I just keep thinking it's going to happen 'today'. Then when it doesn't, I say, well, that's ok since I'm not even due for another week or two. But I really did think he was going to arrive this weekend. I've been losing the mucus plug the past few days, which I don't remember with my first. I mean, I remember losing it with DS, but it wasn't over the course of a few days.

I'm hanging in there and just getting some things done around the house like moving furniture and washing baby clothes. As of last Thursday, I'm finally off of work, so I've had a chance to relax a little bit. The baby seems to be a little quieter today and yesterday. Up until then, he was beating me up. I'm also glad that this time around I haven't developed swollen ankles.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#20 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 12:53 AM

Is anyone else in denial? I've just gotten used to pregnancy as my state of being and I feel like having a baby is going to be a big surprise .

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#21 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
Is anyone else in denial? I've just gotten used to pregnancy as my state of being and I feel like having a baby is going to be a big surprise .
I felt like this with my first. After a while, I completely forgot the end result was a baby. I was very surprised when an ACTUAL BABY came out of me.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#22 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
This is totally how I feel!!! I'm due today and am totally chill like I'm not having the baby anytime soon. Even though technically I'll be holding a baby in less than 21 days! Yesterday the carseat came in the mail, along with my nursing bras and nursing cami. So now everything is completely ready. Just waiting...

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#23 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM

I am 39w5 days, so due the 21st. Both of mine came at 39w4d so this is the longest I have ever been preg! I want her OUT! I have lots of annoying prodromal crap too- just waiting for the real thing here.

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#24 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Well, this is the longest I've been pregnant. Tomorrow I'll be 39 weeks. I really thought this one would go early too. I'm not due until the 27th, but I can't stress enough how much I want this baby to come asap. Just found out that DH's deployment sched has changed and if I go late, then I'll be home alone with a two week old and a two year old (with no family) for a while.

I know that I need to be patient, but I'm so ready to meet this baby and would love for my DH to be home as much as he can before she/he comes. I hate that I'm getting depressed over this.

Maybe I need to start trying those natural induction methods?

#25 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 AM

I'm right there with all of you - due 10/23, my DD was 41 weeks and my DS was 40 +2 so I figured I would go until the end but late Sun night and Mon AM things seemed imminent then nothing - guess it's that promodal stuff I had never heard of before! Took off from work yesterday hoping something would happen but I'll be heading back in today, may as well keep moving and busy! BaMo I hope for you that things work toward birth sooner than later - sounds like a difficult course either way, I wish you the best. Trying to be patient and thinking that I have been blessed twice before with my LO knowing when they were ready and not having to have someone tell me that it was time and hoping for that this time around no matter how long it takes!
#26 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Same here! I know it's coming, and I *think* I'm ready, but the idea of there actually being a baby in there still seems strange to me.

I'm due on the 30th... no BH lately, no prodromal, just same ol', same ol'. I still feel pretty good, though, so I can't complain.

Maybe the full moon on the 23rd will help some of us along!

DH (34) and Me (31) 1/20/10 @ 5 weeks, Awaiting our October pumpkin due 10/30/10!
#27 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 11:50 AM

Yep, I'm in denial, too! I ws just saying to DW last night that it still seems hypothetical. We've been planning this for so long and it's not possible it's actually here! She said, "Have you actually thought about the fact that the baby has to come OUT someway, somehow?" Uh, yeah. I'm very much realizing that.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#28 of 89 Old 10-19-2010, 03:11 PM

I'm still here too - EDD is the 30th. Had prodromal last week, but no contractions, I mean nada, since last Thursday. This is my first baby (I'm a late starter at 40 yrs old!) so no precedents on going early or late.
Haven't had any internal checks. The biggest pain for me has been the separated pelvis-pelvic girdle pain. I walk around like I'm 90 years old LOL! And turning in bed - ugh!
I don't like being whiney on top of it all! Doing my best to keep my emotional spirit up, inspite of the physical challenges. I just can't wait to meet my baby girl. Although sometimes I still will stop and think "OMG, I'm going to have a baby" - too funny.

Rachel, new mommy to Gabriella, married to wonderful T, dog-mommy to Jackson! So-called "older" mom - I'm 40! namaste.gif
#29 of 89 Old 10-20-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

How's everyone doing today? I'm trying to tell myself that it has to happen eventually! I'm 39 weeks today and my midwife had to cancel today's appointment because of a birth. Hopefully it will be my turn next.

#30 of 89 Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM

Haha. This is the first I've posted to the due date club. I'm 39 weeks today. Lost my mucous plug or most of it and I've been having lots of strong BH. I am getting impatient and feel guilty for not just letting baby come when he/she's ready. But, I'm so miserable chasing around the other two and hurting. I feel so ready! My edd is 10/27 but I went at 39 wks with the other two.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page