Who is still pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Misery loves company and I'm bored.
The midwife diagnosed PUPPS this morning so I can now add itching like the devil to my whine list. Come on, baby!

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#2 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM

<------- still pregnant.

I had PUPPS with my first baby. Most likely, your baby is a boy. Definitely go buy the Aveeno Oatmeal bath packs. They help soothe it. I think I'm starting to get it again. I have a couple of itchy spots in my new stretch marks starting the other day. I remember how bad it was. It sucked.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#3 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

I have never had it before with either pregnancy. I hope you are not getting it again! I had been thinking this baby was a boy anyway, so we will have to see... I have had friends get it and still have a girl.
I am going to send my husband out for some aveeno later, I think.

Anne-Marie
#4 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 05:07 PM

Me ~ raising my hand!

Pubic bone pain and 'roids over here, good times, good times. I can't wait to hold this baby in my arms.

I had my midwife appt today, didn't do an internal (didn't see the point) but she thinks it will be soon. Of course we both have been saying that since week 38.

Big to the rest of my still pregnant mamas.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#5 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 05:47 PM

me! i'm sooo ready to have this baby! contracting all day, every day, but not painful, just there...guess I'll go bake some more cookies lol
#6 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 05:52 PM

ahhh! I had PUPPS for over 2 months with my DD and it was awful. I finally resorted to putting IcyHot type cream on the areas and stand in front of the fan. I woke up bleeding every night due to me scratching in my sleep <--if I ever fell asleep from the itching! I will pray for you... PUPPS was the devil.

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#7 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM

Me....my theory is that he's teaching me patience now, because I'll need it later with him
I hope everyone is holding on OK, I never expected to go past my due date, since DD was 10 days early. I have a non-stress test tomorrow, but at least my Dr. isn't pushing inducing at all. On a weird side-note, the MW in his practice has been offering me induction since 39weeks.
I made myself do my hair and put on a little makeup, just so I wouldn't feel so frumpy and huge. It actually helped a little.

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#8 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 08:23 PM

Still pregnant here too. I went over with the other two by a week, so kinda expected it.

Xan
stay at home, unschooling mommy to D (Jan., '07), G (May '09), T (Nov '10), and M (Jan '13)

#9 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

BaMo, my midwife has also been saying it would be soon for several weeks now. I had one baby early and one on his edd, so going over is kind of a surprise for me. I've been having lots of contractions for several weeks now, they just always stop.
MaryElizabeth, my mw also mentioned people standing in front of the fan. Ugh. I feel really lucky that I am right at the end of the pregnancy,
I had a total emotional crying fit this morning but am basically calmed down now. But still on the whiney side.

Anne-Marie
#10 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 09:30 PM

Me too. I haven't posted in this DDC yet this time around, but I am coming out of lurkdom. If I make it to my prenatal tomorrow night, it will be the longest I have ever been PG. I really didn't think I would make it this long, I have had prodromal labor for about 3 weeks now, and it's getting old! For a while I would time contractions to see if they were getting closer together, but I just try to ignore them now.

My MW doesn't really like castor oil, but I'd I make it til Saturday, I think I might try it. I really want to be done. And my Mom is flying in next Wednesday, I really wanted baby to be here by then.

Tessa, mama to M (93) B(94) T (05) G (08) and waiting for the arrival of ? on 10/23
#11 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 PM

I'm still pregnant, too.

Today is my due date (hooray), so now everything I do I wonder if it will be the last time I do it without a little baby around.

I'm just now coming to terms with the idea that I won't be pregnant for very much longer, and I wake up in the morning thinking, "Will I have a baby today?" It's all very surreal.

My MW checked me yesterday. I didn't really feel that it was necessary but she said she was feeling nosy, I guess I was feeling a little nosy too because I consented. I was 2 cm dilated and almost completely effaced. I don't know if it was the exam but I've been loosing pieces of mucous all day.

We are all pretty sure this baby will be born within the next week.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#12 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 10:31 PM

I'm still here. 40+1. I've been super sleepy and relaxy this week, so I'm soaking up all the downtime. I've been super crampy everytime I stand or walk. I did a cute little craft project for the baby's room tonight but that's the most productive I've been. It still feels so surreal and hypothetical that I'll be giving birth at home very soon! I feel ready, I think. As ready as I can be, not knowing what to expect, that is. I'm just so ready to meet and hold this little girl!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#13 of 88 Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 PM

I'm *still* . I'm also still in my guess date window, so I'm trying not to get into the mindset that I'm so overdue. My MW discussed doing an internal at my appointment tomorrow, so unless I go into labour tonight, I will definitely be consenting because I'm curious as to whether the cramping and mild ctx I've been feeling have actually resulted in some dilating/effacement. I don't harbour any illusions that it means a whole lot, but I'm curious nonetheless.

However, my hunch is that it will be soon, maybe the 29th. If this is just wishful thinking and I haven't gone into labour by Sunday night, I plan to go trick-or-treating with ds and then take some castor oil before bed. It worked last time, and I didn't find the dose I took that bad (2 Tbsp's, 1 hr apart, chased with orange juice.) I had some diarrhea, but no nausea. I'm going to discuss this plan with my MW tomorrow. I may even make it to my last prenatal yoga class tomorrow night, which has been a really wonderful part of my week for the past while.

Good luck everyone!!!
#14 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 AM

Still here and pregnant. Had an appointment today and I'm 80% effaced and 3+-4cm dilated. Afterward, I was having some cramping and contractions that felt really low and pretty strong. They've continued on and off throughout the day. I had a little bit of blood streaked discharge as well. I haven't had this from my previous exams, so I think my cervix dilated even more after and that's what it's from. I'm still thinking it could happen tomorrow. We shall see.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#15 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 AM

Still here and not too happy about it. I'm now 40wk2d. Still can't believe that I'm still pregnant. I feel like I'm never going to have this baby. I also really don't want to give birth on Halloween either.

I had my midwife appt yesterday. She did offer to strip my membranes next week before my sister leaves. But we both agreed that it will only work if the baby is waiting to come out. The one thing that does worry me is that at 42 weeks I'll be transferred from my hb mw to a hospital. I'm trying not to think about that and I have plenty-o-time before the baby comes. I just want baby to come now.

to all my still pregnant mamas

#16 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Still pregnant, still itching, still hanging out! Having lots of contractions, but they are mild. I am going to go for a walk, I think, and then find something really trashy to watch on hulu. I should be doing housework but it is hard to get motivated right now.

Anne-Marie
#17 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 AM

Had the WORST case of acid reflux that woke me up at 4am this morning and had me in a panic attack within minutes. Not a fun way to wake up!! Got calmed down (TY Rescue Remedy!!) and a hot shower to relax and lower baby back down. Got some more sleep for another hour. Noticed that I was still have strong BH's at that time. Normally they stop during the night. Or at least I don't feel them the million times I get up to pee. And I'm still having them now. Lungs are kinda heavy from last night's episode.

Annemarie42- during my shower this morning, I remembered that PUPPS doesn't like hot water. It makes it more itchy. Just fyi if you haven't figured that one out yet. I remember now that it sucked taking luke warm baths with the oatmeal packs because I'm a hot bath person. I like my bath water hot! But it does make it itch so much more!!

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#18 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 10:56 AM

I'm still preggo too, I'm only 39 weeks 5 days so its not that bad for me. Oh who am I kidding I am so sick of being pregnant this time that I am just ready ready to have this baby. This is also why I haven't been hanging out a bunch on here I love seeing the new babies come but I just don't have the spirit to post that often.

I have to work on letting go of things and just knowing that everything will happen in its own time. Good luck to all you other mamas I hope you are holding your babies soon, we can't be pregnant forever. . . right?!

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#19 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM

still here. 40w2d.

somehow i'm not sick of being pregnant yet. i wonder if i have to get to that point for labor to start? yesterday had some very regular BH all morning and afternoon. that was kind of exciting. i took a shower and it all went away. today i feel less pregnant than i did two weeks ago. going backwards? humm. but i feel really good, mellow, reflective, like i could stare out the window for hours watching the wind blow the fall leaves.

if it weren't for the constant calls, comments, emails from everyone i know wondering "how i'm doing", "why isn't the baby here yet?", "what's wrong?", "when are they doing to induce you?" i would be quite content. it becomes hard to stay focused on my own feelings and my own inner peace and faith when others seem constantly judgmental. that is the part i'm finding the most frustrating.

joy.gifhappy wife to dh and loving mom to dd (1yr) with another little one on the way in July!!

#20 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 PM

still here-and soooooo cranky. and whiney. and emotional. BLeh! Thank GOD MIL gets in today to help me with DD. she is in rare form today and won't stop hanging on me. I just am not in the mood. for anything. grrrr. lol

sorry-that was a really whiney post. lol
#21 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Not sure I want to start a whole new thread for this but could I be at the start of labor?? I woke up this morning with really bad lower back cramps. Now, I've never had actual menstrual cramps before. I've always just had very bad lower back cramps. And don't they say labor feels like bad cramps? It's definitely the same feeling that I would get every month. Of course it would be just my luck because my beloved doula emailed me this morning saying she's having a minor surgery today and wont be available until tomorrow afternoon. I like her backup, but I love our #1.

Even if it's not labor now, it's at least something new. Keeping my fingers crossed over here.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#22 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM

Monarchgrrl- You just hit your 2000th post!! Woohoo! I hope you are in labor in you are wanting to be right now.
I just had a really good real contraction and NOT my regular BH, so I'm hoping that maybe my birhting will start today. I kinda don't want my baby born tomorrow. A girl I know and don't really like had her baby tomorrow last year and I don't want them to "share" a birthday even though they don't know each other. But I will know. It would be awesome to have a baby on the 31st though! So many cool things about that one!! But today would be good too!! I'm ready!

m/c '97 and in '03

#23 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 PM

Went for 2 walks already in the last 2 hours and took the kids for a quick trip to the park so I could swing. I swung for about 5 minutes and got nauseas. I didn't even swing high at all. Came home and have had 1 real birthing wave. I'm hoping that I'm helping it along and it won't stop. It's not regular by any means, but something other than BH's is better than having BH's that stop when I go to sleep.

m/c '97 and in '03

#24 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 05:43 PM

Ooohhhh Southernmommie ~ I hope it's the real thing.

I went to the chiro today and she hit up my pressure points and worked on my SPD, but at this point the baby is so low that there's not a whole lot she can do.

#25 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 06:02 PM

Come on southernmommie! Hope this is the start for you. Hey, thanks for noticing my 2000th post. I never would have seen that!

My back still hurts. Nothing much as far as changes, though. I did feel a big wave of nausea earlier, though. I never feel like that, not even in the first trimester!

#26 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 07:44 PM

I have officially hit the limit of my patience. It happened all of a sudden, yesterday I wasn't quite ready to have a baby and today I am PISSED that this baby isn't coming NOW.

Mood swings much?

I don't want to have to clean the house again before this baby comes, but it's going to need to be done tomorrow. Not so much because my house is dirty but because I've run out of things to do.

#27 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Beth and southernmommie, I hope things are on their way for you.
I had a ton of cramping and took my son out on a longish walk/ scooter ride (needless to say, he was the one on the scooter) but nothing happened, other than more contractions that went nowhere.
I also need to clean tomorrow, but that is mainly because I have been lazy this week.
The itching is making me crazy. I am so done and ready to meet the baby!

Anne-Marie
#28 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 PM

Still nothing over here. I woke up this morning around 7:30 to pretty strong and painful contractions. They were coming about every 10 minutes (lasting 30 seconds each) until 2pm, when they just sort of disappeared. I ended up taking a nap and when I woke up I was feeling a little achy. Contractions started up a little after 6 again and I took a drive around 8 which really got them going. But they've slowed down again. Can't believe this has been going on almost all day and hasn't really progressed.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#29 of 88 Old 10-28-2010, 11:20 PM

Same here. Had a few really good ones and then nothing. My neighbor a few houses down is due today and her water broke this morning and she's currently off having her baby.

I hope at least one of us has their baby tonight. We're watching Return to Halloweentown with the kids right now. Gonna put them to bed soon.

Night all.

m/c '97 and in '03

#30 of 88 Old 10-29-2010, 12:06 AM

I got over my rage and now I just feel sleepy.

Tonight, though, I'm looking forward to the contractions that happen when I lay down to go to bed. Last night they were really strong but they always go away when I get up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page