I will never be pregnant again :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 10-31-2010, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im sooooo happy to have my newest little pumpkin, and three wonderful happy, healthy children...but a little part of me i so sad to know I will never ever be pregnant again And to think one week ago I was dying to get her out!

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#2 of 19 Old 10-31-2010, 03:20 PM

i feel exactly the same

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#3 of 19 Old 10-31-2010, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is what I hate about ending up with my third c/s. I don't want to ever have to say no to babies But realisticallly I can probably only have one or two more. Finn will be the last one for awhile, though! I'll probably have to put at least 3-4 years between him and the next one for financial reasons.
#4 of 19 Old 10-31-2010, 06:10 PM

This is most likely our last baby too. DH is positive he doesn't want anymore, and while I theoretically would like one more I don't know if I can do another c/s recovery. Plus, I don't think our marriage could handle a 4th kid at this point. Maybe in a couple years if DH really wants another one we will talk about it.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#5 of 19 Old 10-31-2010, 06:35 PM

DH is Done with having kids and is talking about having a vasectomy soon to ensure that

So unless there is an oops, it looks like I'm never going to be pregnant again and never going to give birth again. I think I'm mostly through it now, but there were a couple of weeks of mourning the peaceful birth experience I so wanted to have. And, not that I regret having either of my little boys, but I think I will always miss just a little bit having a daughter.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#6 of 19 Old 10-31-2010, 09:13 PM

This is the last baby for us, too. I'm not feeling it right now but I know I will be in a week or two.
I had thought my son would be the last little one for us, I felt sad when I went into labor with him. This pregnancy has felt like such a blessing. But I know we are done after this one, so I am hoping the sadness is a little less this time. I did not feel done after his birth.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#7 of 19 Old 11-01-2010, 12:35 PM

I have mixed feelings about the great probability that this is our last baby. On one hand, I meant it when mid-labor I said "I don't want to ever do this again!!!" It is hard getting thru the first few weeks so sleep deprived and I don't want to go thru that again either. But when I look at my beautiful kids I just feel like I need to enjoy every freakin minute of them because they are growing so fast, and it makes me sad that there won't be any more babies to love.

caffix.gif

#8 of 19 Old 11-01-2010, 01:55 PM

my dh is scheduled for the Big V consult next week. i'm sad. not because of no more babies, but the idea of closing the door on such a beautiful chapter in my life.
#9 of 19 Old 11-01-2010, 02:55 PM

This was our last baby, but I'm not particularly sad over it. I mean, I would love to give birth again. And again and again and again!

But pregnancy doesn't agree with me!!

For those considering a vasectomy - google the University of Chicago's study on vasectomy and dementia. Scary stuff.

We're looking at other options, because DH already has family risk factors for dementia.

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
#10 of 19 Old 11-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusma View Post
my dh is scheduled for the Big V consult next week. i'm sad. not because of no more babies, but the idea of closing the door on such a beautiful chapter in my life.
My feelings exactly. Said so well. Makes me teary reading it.

mom to 4 kids, ages 20 mos to 11 years

#11 of 19 Old 11-05-2010, 04:12 PM

This is most likely our last baby, too. I teared up reading this. It is true that this is such a special time of life, hard to close the door.

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

#12 of 19 Old 11-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
i'm sad. not because of no more babies, but the idea of closing the door on such a beautiful chapter in my life.
ditto.
#13 of 19 Old 11-07-2010, 10:35 AM

I was very sad in thinking about closing the door until after DD was born. Now I have a wonderful feeling of completeness with our family and am feeling good about gently saying no more. After 6 pregnancies and 2 beautiful children, my body is done. It's weird that we've spent the last 9 years in baby making status and so quickly it can end.
DH and I both feel happy with our decision about the big V.

Married 16 yrs to DH, DS (3/06) x4 (11/04) (3/08) (3/09) (8/09)
DD born 9/24/2010 :
#14 of 19 Old 11-07-2010, 12:13 PM

5 days out and I'm feeling it now. I do feel that our family is complete, and it is a different set of feelings than I had after my son was born (I felt we weren't done). I just look at Sam and think how fast time is passing by, and how sad it will be to close this door in our life. I am determined to enjoy it even with the stressful parts.
I did, otoh, really mean it when I said during labor that I was never doing this again.

Anne-Marie
#15 of 19 Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
i'm sad. not because of no more babies, but the idea of closing the door on such a beautiful chapter in my life.
YES! this 100%.
#16 of 19 Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 AM

*bump*

how are we all feeling now? anyone changed their/dh's mind?  i felt so very done. and we can NOT afford to support another babe an still maintain the standard of living we have set for our kids (we go without n work our butts off to send our son to private school, and will do with madison too but at £10,000+ a yr each we really cant add to it lol)

BUT

lol theres always a but...

my girl is SO perfect and my boy is my pride n joy it's really hard to not secretly want babies... lots of babies...hundreds...all in my bed...all over me! cuddles galore!

i think i could ignore the financial hurdles.... but not the prospect of a third cs. i just cant do that. the scarring n recovery. ack no thanks

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#17 of 19 Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 AM

done, but sad about it. :(

Anne-Marie
#18 of 19 Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 AM

10 weeks later and we're still done, and honestly, i'm not sad about it.  i've had 7 pregnancies, 3 of which resulted in my 3 wonderful rainbow babies.  and now i am done.  i experienced birth 3 times, the last one being and awesome homebirth and now i am ready to move on to the next stage of our life.  ready and excited!  i'm sure there will be times that i'll miss having a tiny babe around but i'm also sure it will be a fleeting feeling.  our family is complete  luxlove.gif

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#19 of 19 Old 12-08-2010, 01:04 AM

aww blue! im happy for you, you sound so contented!

i think for me i want what i can't have - sure i COULD have more kids but i know i shouldnt and physically it would take it's toll so i don't want to... which makes me want to.... haha yeah ok i make NO sense

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page