ADD YOUR OWN: my baby just........ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
......SMILED!!! properly lots and lots of times in response to me calling her "gorgeous girlie" and she was really cooing to me she's been "smiling" since birth...that happyface newborns pull, but this was so different, she made eye contact and everything, beautiful it made me well up!

plz add ur own! i love to hear what our babies are up to!

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 AM

DD is 5 weeks now and I got my first real smile from her about a week ago. She's done a few more but they seem to be random and not necessarily in response to anything I've done!

Yesterday I put the toy bar on her bouncy chair and she actually looked at the toys for the first time! Small things.

This is a bit different but she's also fitting some of her 3-6 month clothes...
Old 11-01-2010, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My little guy smiles, too! I don't buy the "it's just gas" line at all. After 4 kids I know what's a real smile and what's a fart
Old 11-01-2010, 11:19 AM

kicked me in the bladder. ;-)

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
Old 11-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Signed thank you last night! We have about 22 ASL signs down, this one was the sweetest yet! DS is 15 months!

'09   
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

yeh i dnt like the gas theory either. fart faces are different, though equally as sweet!

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

hehe annemarie, baby will be giving your bladder a break soon!

and aww how lovely xantho!

Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM

Lost her cord stump! WOO HOO!

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
Old 11-01-2010, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

oh awesome amila! i was so happy when dd lost hers though i did gag a bit when picking it up and running to the bin with it lmao

Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 PM

We are 3.5 weeks and just got a series of real smiles a few days ago. It is obvious when she is grinning in response to her mommy and daddy acting silly over her. I keep having dreams that she is speaking to me, but that will be a while.

I'm a professor and a domestic goddess married to my ideal mate. We are living in bliss with our new baby girl, Rowan Graham, born October 8, 2010.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:14 PM

was waiting to hear if we were getting discharged today and he held his head up and looked to both sides before letting it back down. Then a few hours later started gagging and freaked me out! He did it again just now. Too scary.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 11-02-2010, 12:45 AM

Started rocking the cloth dipes (and her cord stump finally fell off!).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Started rocking the cloth dipes (and her cord stump finally fell off!).
AWWWW i just her so much! great thing about big babies is you can really really hug them. i love my babyhugs

CJ is so alert and has a little face like a porcelain doll

madison just smiled at her daddy for the first time as he was leaving for work, so hard for poor dh to have to leave!

apparently though, shes been smiling at her big bro for days n he just hadnt told us... when i told him she smiles he was like "yeh i know she does it all the time" then kissed her head and she smiled at him instantly! sibling love

Old 11-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Cute pic, Lyndzies! In my new-mother-distressed-foggy-daze, I didn't think I was going to like cloth diapering and was begging DH to let us buy some more disposables (we did use them for the first 1.5 weeks), but I love cloth diapering now!

I'll tell you something my baby hasn't done...she didn't poop yesterday or last night....so I'm expecting a big one today!! Hopefully before our midwife appointment this afternoon. I'd rather not deal with a major poopy diaper at their office. This is the longest she's gone without pooping (like not even a squirt) but I'm not worried as she's been wetting plenty of diapers.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:11 PM

Had her first breastmilk poop at 2.5 days old! Props to my girls... My dd and my boobs!
Love the cloth dipe pic, Lyndzies. She's so lovely.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

high five sheashea! always reassuring im proud everytime dd poops lol i think- whoop that's all mama!

Old 11-02-2010, 03:15 PM

...hurled warm curdled milk all over my shoulder. Fortunately I was wearing a receiving blanket like a cape. Unfortunately it cascaded down my back and soaked the pillow behind me.

Off to change shirts again...

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

Old 11-02-2010, 06:33 PM

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

I know probably a 'farty smile' too cute and I don't care

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 PM

...pooped explosively out the back of his diaper and soaked through two layers of clothing onto my arm as I was breastfeeding. Then he fell asleep and left me to clean up the mess.

Catherine, DH and DS kid.gif Dylan Michael, born 9/23/10 
Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miso_soup View Post
...pooped explosively out the back of his diaper and soaked through two layers of clothing onto my arm as I was breastfeeding. Then he fell asleep and left me to clean up the mess.

NO WAY! Your little guy does this too?!! Here I thought mine was unique!
What I really love is the range of expressions on my other kiddos' faces after the 'explosion'. From disgusted to gagging, disbelief and then down right amazed. They always leave me laughing as I try to clean up the 'mustard' with yet another cloth diaper....oh the laundry we go through!!

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

we have regular poop-splosions here too. this morning she exploded up her back and out the sides of her vest, all over the bed and through to the matress. cue bathtime and laundry day...

Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM

Fell asleep snuggled up on my chest. Love that. Tho it makes getting anything done round the house impossible...

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post
we have regular poop-splosions here too. this morning she exploded up her back and out the sides of her vest, all over the bed and through to the matress. cue bathtime and laundry day...
We call that "poop-tastic!"

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

rolled over! from back to front she had her little arms stuck under her still but well done baby

she is holding her head up too clever girl love her

taking her to get weighed now, placing my bet at 12lbs

Old 11-09-2010, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

well i was wrong lol she's 10lb 12 1/2 oz

way off lmao

Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 AM

hiccuped. smile.gif

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
Old 11-10-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post

ahaha.....yup here too, I have found that if Kai is wearing a sposie it leaks everywhere when he explodes, but with a cloth diaper it is all contained! I love cloth, and especially fitteds orngbiggrin.gif

oh yeah....and right now he is babbling in his sleep, its the cutest thing!

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
Old 11-11-2010, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviab View Post

ahaha.....yup here too, I have found that if Kai is wearing a sposie it leaks everywhere when he explodes, but with a cloth diaper it is all contained! I love cloth, and especially fitteds orngbiggrin.gif

oh yeah....and right now he is babbling in his sleep, its the cutest thing!

aww i love.gif it when they do that, bless him!  i had no luck with cloth to begin with, leaks and my gosh the amount of washing i had to do was soo not eco friendly cuz she pooped on average 11x a day lmao. so hoping to try her in them again when her pooping calms down and she can fit in the next size.

she slept from 10.30 till 7am last night! crazy. i woke up like OMGOSH freaked out thinking all kindsa stuff, but nope she was just happily snoring away. she's had a little feed and some smiles for dada b4 work then bam right back off to sleep on my lap like a lil' kitty love.gif

Old 11-11-2010, 03:26 PM

Oh man, I've had the opposite experience with diapers!  The worst explosions I've had were all in cloth, lol!  Dd3 was the worse, she let loose in the high chair at my mom's house when she was 7 or 8 months old and it went EVERY WHERE.  It was like a month's worth of poo all over the high chair and carpet. 

Old 11-15-2010, 10:11 PM

had her one-month baby well visit...

... and weighed in at 12 lbs, 9 oz!  Length 22 and 1/4 inches, head 15 3/4 inches.  Off the "charts" on weight, 90th percentile length, and 97th percentile head.

We love our (big!) little girl (who's already in some 6 month clothes!). 

Lol.  :-)

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

User Tag List