Who still looks pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2010, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 3+ weeks postpartum and still look as if I were at least 5 months pregnant. I've lost about 24 pounds, but still have another 22 to go before I reach my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think weight is totally the issue though, my abdominal muscles are destroyed...

I totally can't stand looking like this, but I don't want to begin any kind of "serious" core exercises or aerobics until my lochia is over. (It looks like it might finally be letting up, but I'm terrified of jinxing it.)

Uh, so is it too late for belly binding?

Clarification: I wouldn't be worrying about it at this point if I just looked "fat"... it's looking PREGNANT that's driving me crazy.

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM

we should start up a pp belly pic thread!

mine is just a weird empty sack that has flopped over the scar. mmm skinflap lol

im worried it will never go back up, my skin is so loose! no muscles either *sigh*

no extra stretchies though so maybe it will get better in time? i just cant remember what it was like after ds lol

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Old 11-01-2010, 01:21 PM

I have the weird c/s skin flap going on too... I am 2 weeks PP and have lost 20 of the 35 pounds I gained. I can't wait to be able to work out but that is going to be at least another month...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 11-01-2010, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker View Post
I don't think weight is totally the issue though, my abdominal muscles are destroyed...

I don't think it's too late for belly binding. I've been using this one () and I'm still using it because I feel like it's still making a difference. It's been helpful mostly for the things you're feeling most frustrated with--the abs and stuff. Mine has really been helping my muscles come back together way faster than my previous birth, it helps me stand up straight (no small feat by the end of hte day), and it feels like it's helping everything else heal "in" rather than at my knees too. I still have lots of extra skin, but it doesn't feel as flappy as it did at this point after my last pregnancy. I love it!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:53 PM

I don't look pregnant, but I'm still 15lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight (I'm 4.5 weeks pp, and I gained 43lbs in pregnancy).

I'm back out running a little - I'm starting with the couch to 5K program since I was on restricted activity and so did NOTHING for 2 months while pregnant...

So, whatever...I kind of don't care what I look like and just want to get back to feeling fit and strong and healthy.

DH doesn't really care, either. He thinks I'm looking good. And we both think the way my belly feels is kind of cool...it's not fat...it's, like...bouncy. I think it's my abs stretched out?

I know. My husband and I are weird. lol

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker View Post
I'm 3+ weeks postpartum and still look as if I were at least 5 months pregnant. I've lost about 24 pounds, but still have another 22 to go before I reach my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think weight is totally the issue though, my abdominal muscles are destroyed...

I totally can't stand looking like this, but I don't want to begin any kind of "serious" core exercises or aerobics until my lochia is over. (It looks like it might finally be letting up, but I'm terrified of jinxing it.)

Clarification: I wouldn't be worrying about it at this point if I just looked "fat"... it's looking PREGNANT that's driving me crazy.
this is just about me, except i'm 5 weeks pp today and the loss of 22 lbs will bring me to where i want to be, no necessarily my pp weight. (i gained 37 lbs, but was 7 lbs over my ideal to begin w/--if anyone cares, lol) not exactly where i wanted to be considering i was doing much better by this point w/ last dc. ah well. i've been seriously watching my intake and writing down what i eat--what else are ya gonna do. as long as i can keep the negative self talk away and avoid full length mirrors and scales (all so sabatoging), i know i'll get there. slow and steady wins the race, or something like that.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePie View Post
I don't look pregnant, but I'm still 15lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight (I'm 4.5 weeks pp, and I gained 43lbs in pregnancy).

I'm back out running a little - I'm starting with the couch to 5K program since I was on restricted activity and so did NOTHING for 2 months while pregnant...

So, whatever...I kind of don't care what I look like and just want to get back to feeling fit and strong and healthy.

DH doesn't really care, either. He thinks I'm looking good. And we both think the way my belly feels is kind of cool...it's not fat...it's, like...bouncy. I think it's my abs stretched out?

I know. My husband and I are weird. lol
my dh and i lay in bed stretching my belly skin out n crinkling it up, it's our new plaything until we dtd hahaha he blows raspberries on it. it's sweet, makes me feel better about it by bonding with it lolll so yeh we're weird too

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
Old 11-03-2010, 02:32 AM

I do! I am down to my prepreg weight but was about 45 lbs too heavy from the first one, so I have work to do. The stretch marks this time got horrible, they started doing circles. . . the belly may never be the same again. I am still sore from tearing but am slowly walking and trying to get my strength back. . .

Kate (30), mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob Douglas (10/8/10)
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 AM

Binding is recommended 24/7 for the first 6 weeks. It can't hurt! :)

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Old 11-17-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellamia View Post

24/7, really!?  Well shoot, I haven't been doing that.  My belly binder is uncomfortable to sleep in, and I recently started worrying that it was making my (tmi) hemmerhoid problem even worse by restricting blood flow somehow, so I haven't been wearing it even during the day.  What are you supposed to do after 6 weeks??

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 11-18-2010, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Well I never got around to belly binding and I'm 6 weeks postpartum tomorrow... I am happy to say that I no longer look pregnant, just fat. I've lost 4 more pounds, so not that much. I think it has more to do with my uterus finally shrinking down than weight per se. (I had red lochia until 4.5 weeks pp.) After my 6 week check-up tomorrow the serious exercising will begin. 

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
Old 11-18-2010, 12:22 PM

I'm almost 7 weeks and I just look fat.  I'm trying to stay in the "I just had a baby and it takes time to get back to normal" mindset, but it is really hard.  I'm just done with the extra skin and the extra pounds.  i started running last week so hopefully it's gone soon.  It doesn't help that it's so close to the holidays either.  I'm powerless against cookies and my MIL always has an entire extra kitchen table filled with goodies for the entire week of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

obstruct livery vehicles

Old 11-18-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post

Quote:

24/7, really!?  Well shoot, I haven't been doing that.  My belly binder is uncomfortable to sleep in, and I recently started worrying that it was making my (tmi) hemmerhoid problem even worse by restricting blood flow somehow, so I haven't been wearing it even during the day.  What are you supposed to do after 6 weeks??

Ugh, mine gets uncomfortable at night too! I don't wear mine 24/7 now (almost 4 weeks PP) but I did for the first 2 weeks. It REALLY helped and the first 2 weeks for me, are when I see the most dramatic change.

It's not TMI. I have the same issue but mine came with my first baby and never fully went away so for me I don't think the binding is a contributing factor. 

After 6 weeks you exercise! Binding can help your uterus shrink back down faster but after 6 weeks it doesn't do anything.. I honestly don't think mine is even doing anything anymore because I'm fairly sure my uterus is back to normal now. Now I need to work on losing fat and toning my abdominal muscle. 

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Old 11-19-2010, 12:33 PM

After 6 weeks you exercise! Binding can help your uterus shrink back down faster but after 6 weeks it doesn't do anything.. I honestly don't think mine is even doing anything anymore because I'm fairly sure my uterus is back to normal now. Now I need to work on losing fat and toning my abdominal muscle. 

my midwife said wearing it while exercising can help to bring your ab muscles back together :D

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
Old 11-22-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post

Quote:

Ugh, mine gets uncomfortable at night too! I don't wear mine 24/7 now (almost 4 weeks PP) but I did for the first 2 weeks. It REALLY helped and the first 2 weeks for me, are when I see the most dramatic change.

It's not TMI. I have the same issue but mine came with my first baby and never fully went away so for me I don't think the binding is a contributing factor. 

Okay, so to get totally gross then...how do you excercise with hemmerhoids?  They hurt!  (whine)  And when I walk, I'm getting chafing in my whole butt crack.  Ew ew ew...sorry everyone, but any advice would be totally welcome...

User Tag List