Anyone else planning their next?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok before you think I'm utterly insane... I don't mean I'm trying to get pregnant now.. But I am so crazily in love with my baby girl and I know I want more kids. My 2nd and 3rd are 2 1/2 years apart and I'm thinking I'd like my 3rd and 4th 2 years apart (or a little less)... Is anyone else planning more or excited about it? I'm VERY glad not to be pregnant (had a great pregnancy but happy to wear my old clothes again) but look forward to my next pregnancy. I can't bear to think about another birth yet because this one was so difficult, but to think of another baby makes me happy. Maybe it's just the effect of the mother love hormone since I'm nursing two but I just feel so warm and fuzzy thinking about more babies! It's safe to say I'm definitely not "done"!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#2 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DDC crashing, I know what you mean. I am already thinking about #3!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Haha, yes! It's going to be 3 or 4 years, though.
#4 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We just can't picture being done....It's crazy I know......this is my calling

Everyone else thinks we're nuts already anyhow

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
#5 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 PM

you're all :crazy lol

just kiddin' mama's i love it that you all love your babies so much no matter how many more you add to the brood, its really sweet

im soo done though lol

love my kids and just wanna be with them always im thinking about homeschool cuz i just cant bare to have them away from me for 8 hours a day it sucks!

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#6 of 9 Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to having another baby. DH and I want 3 kids and we've just finished having our second boy. We want to try and have that elusive girl that we wanted to get early in the game so I could have my boys and be happy, but I guess she is in the ether still. Taking her time to get here. But if we have another boy, I'll still be finished though because we're thinking of how things will be for us financially and I want to travel and take vacations overseas and stuff. We plan on waiting until the second is over 2 years old before trying to get pregnant again so that when we have the third everybody will be potty trained and weaned. Let's see how the plan goes...

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#7 of 9 Old 11-12-2010, 08:33 AM

I want another one right now.  I don't want to be pregnant right now, but if you just handed me another newborn I'd be thrilled.

obstruct livery vehicles

#8 of 9 Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 AM

We want at least one more.  I can't imagine TTC before ds's 2nd birthday though, because I'd also like him to be weaned and out of diapers before #2 comes along.

9/2011 items decluttered
#9 of 9 Old 11-12-2010, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to having another baby. DH and I want 3 kids and we've just finished having our second boy. We want to try and have that elusive girl that we wanted to get early in the game so I could have my boys and be happy, but I guess she is in the ether still. Taking her time to get here. But if we have another boy, I'll still be finished though because we're thinking of how things will be for us financially and I want to travel and take vacations overseas and stuff. We plan on waiting until the second is over 2 years old before trying to get pregnant again so that when we have the third everybody will be potty trained and weaned. Let's see how the plan goes...

I had two boys and then my girl! She was SO worth the wait! I totally understand where you're coming from because I had wanted to have a girl 2nd so that I could relax too. I want more kids but having one of each right off the bat would make things easier. But now I'm really grateful for the way it worked out. I'm so glad my boys have each other...I think the brotherly bond is so special, and I'm really happy my girl has two big brothers to look out for her.

I had also thought that having two nursing and in diapers would be difficult but it's easier than I thought. I'm actually really enjoying tandem nursing! I feel like it helps DS2 adjust to having a younger sibling. He sees her nursing and then he wants to too and being able to still have that connection with him is good for me too. The diaper thing isn't a big deal because he actually started potty training himself right after she was born. He only wears a diaper at night or if we'll be out of the house for a long time.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here! Just giving my story. I think child spacing is so personal and that what works for each child and family is what is important. My siblings and I are all over 5 years apart and my Mom loved it. I personally can't wait that long between pregnancies. I get major baby fever 18 mos PP. Also, I think the kids play well together at 2-3 years apart. Again, that's what works for my kids and me. smile.gif 

I really hope you get your girl next time! 

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page