Who is co-sleeping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering who is co-sleeping? We bought a little co-sleeper that we put between us in our queen bed but when I'm really tired I nurse lying down and she and I fall asleep. She is usually in the crook of my arm. She sleeps so well being close to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 06:42 PM

The babe mostly sleeps snuggled up next to me, and if not there she's just a foot farther away in the sidecarred crib, but DH has been sleeping in the guest room since she was born.  :(  He's such a light sleeper that he'll wake up even if I just wriggle around to try and nurse her lying down.  He slept in the bed with us once and got even less sleep than I did.  I'm really looking forward to us all being in the same bed at some point!!

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
#3 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We do thumb.gif.

Yup all 7 of us in our 'little' king size waterbed...scared.gif

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
#4 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 08:08 PM

we are, i can't imagine doing it any other way luxlove.gif

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#5 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 PM

We are too. It's so lovely. DH cosleeps with DD in another room

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#6 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 10:02 PM

We are, too.  It makes nursing so much easier and I feel more in tune with baby's needs.  It's a little difficult though with DS1 (19mos. old).  He's not used to the changes yet, and really wants to be right where the baby is.  We coslept with DS1 from day one pretty much and had just made the transition with him to a crib next to our bed recently.  Now that the baby's here, he's had a few difficult nights.  He's back in the bed with us, but doesn't seem to understand why he's not the center of attention right now and why he can't lay on top of the baby.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#7 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 11:02 PM

We are co-sleeping. :)

#8 of 22 Old 11-13-2010, 11:16 PM

4 of us in a king.  Not enough room at all.  Katri'smama how on earth do you fit 7???

obstruct livery vehicles

#9 of 22 Old 11-14-2010, 03:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

4 of us in a king.  Not enough room at all.  Katri'smama how on earth do you fit 7???

Um.... very creatively? bouncy.gif It takes some arranging after they're asleep and it's different every night so they all get a chance to snuggle. Dh and I sleep on our backs to hold one kid on either side and one kiddo usually sleeps on the pillows or on our feet. It's a crazy mess and sometimes there are midnight issues that involve someone getting kneed or elbowed but we manage well most nights.

Now I have to add that my dh made a set of really awesome bunk beds RIGHT NEXT to our king bed  (so you can roll over onto the bottom bunk) for our two oldest kiddos but so far it's been used as a play gym during the day time and remains empty at night shrug.gif

We really wouldn't have it any other way though, they grow so fast and I think it will break my heart when they actually want their own rooms so I'll  gladly deal with the elbowing for  a while longer.thumb.gif

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
#10 of 22 Old 11-14-2010, 07:15 AM

I do!  Dh has been sleeping in another room to get more sleep.  I was a little worried at first about having the baby in bed because it seems to be a general assumption that this WILL result in you smothering your baby, but now that I've tried it, I feel totally safe and can't imagine doing it any other way.  People can't believe how well-rested I am for a first-time mom.

blue butterfly likes this.

9/2011 items decluttered
#11 of 22 Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 AM

We are! Can't imagine any other way. smile.gif

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#12 of 22 Old 11-14-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post

I do!  Dh has been sleeping in another room to get more sleep.  I was a little worried at first about having the baby in bed because it seems to be a general assumption that this WILL result in you smothering your baby, but now that I've tried it, I feel totally safe and can't imagine doing it any other way.  People can't believe how well-rested I am for a first-time mom.

Yes! All of the above! We even bought a lovely co-sleeper with good intentions, but our baby girl wouldn't have it.  Now that she sleeps in the crook of my arm every night, I can't imagine it any other way. We get tons of sleep, it is best for breastfeeding, and it allows us to reconnect every single night.  Co-sleeping equals bliss for our family.  DH gets to snuggle with her in the mornings while I am getting up and getting ready for work, so he even gets his share.

I'm a professor and a domestic goddess married to my ideal mate. We are living in bliss with our new baby girl, Rowan Graham, born October 8, 2010.
#13 of 22 Old 11-15-2010, 04:55 AM

We are! With the other two we always had intentions of using the crib/co-sleeper, but they ended up in our bed anyway, so this time we didn't even set up the crib- we sold it lol. My little angel sleeps so well right next to me- she sleeps alll night long, only waking for a quick bite here and there. Shes such a good little girl :) Only thing is that sometimes it is uncomfortable for me to constantly sleep in one position, and she wakes if i turn my back to her, which is kind of cute.

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#14 of 22 Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 AM

Dh is on a futon with ds3 on the floor in our room, and baby and I are in the king-size bed. Ds3 is too wild a sleeper to be in bed with the baby, so this is what we're doing. But many nights, ds1 and/or ds2 end up coming in to sleep w/ dh on the floor, too. It gets a little crowded. We might need to switch ds4 and I to the futon so dh can actually get some sleep when the biggers crawl in. But, wow... the luxury I have being alone in the king with the baby! I haven't had this much room to sleep in 7 years! ROTFLMAO.gif

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#15 of 22 Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 AM

we co-sleep with baby. but i feel guilty for my son. deep guilt is a thing i suffer from over everything anyway (yeah i know i need to get that sorted) it's just that he is such a loving little boy and he often tells me he gets "only" (his word for lonely) in his room and wants to sleep with us it's heartbreaking saying no, thing is we wouldnt all fit in our bed (can't afford a bigger one right now/our room wont fit a bigger one, english terrace houses arent so big lol) and he is a snoring, fidgeting, pokey bed-hog and gets real bad nighttime stinky breath lmao

his bedroom is AWESOME seriously we went all out to make it look like something outta "cribs" and he loves it, but i can't shake then mental picture of him all the way down the hall and us in our room all snuggled, it just doesnt feel right, but neither does having him in our bed so im stuck?  i tried having him on a blow-up bed at the bottom of our bed, but his teachers kept writing me notes telling us he was yawning his way through classes and not concentrating, probably because dh sleeptalks, i go to pee 3 times a night still and baby wakes and grunts/needs bumchanges lol and even corban eventually asked to go back to his bedroom.  He soo just wants to bedshare, he wanted to from time to time b4 baby was here so it's not like it's a knee-jerk reaction to baby being born, though i am hyper-sensitive to **any possible** source of sibling-jealousy since corban came out with "im not your number one anymore" and i just bawled.   man, kids eh?! they know just how to get you right in the heart!

i know i'll probably be re-posted into the family bed but i know you guys a bit better and trust your opinion, guess maybe im just feeling a bit emotional today *pouts*

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#16 of 22 Old 11-15-2010, 01:02 PM

We are cosleeping. 

caffix.gif

#17 of 22 Old 11-15-2010, 11:36 PM

We are.  I registered for a co-sleeper and intended on getting one.  Baby came a couple weeks before I expected her to and I never got around to getting it.  She is 7 weeks old now.  Funny huh?  I came to the conclusion that the thing would become a big clothes hamper anyways.

We coslept with DS1 also.  I pretty had my 8 year old son out of the bed before baby was born,  But he is back now.  He always comes in around 2 or 3 in the morning regardless of where he falls asleep in the house.  So yeah, it is another case of four to a king size bed her also. 

Usually hubby winds retreating to my son's bed after son has come in with us or I go sleep on the couch with the baby if she is restless.  No sense in both of us being awake.  It is like musical beds most nights around here.

#18 of 22 Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 AM

We bed share with baby. She sometimes snuggles next to DH but mostly is by me. DS2 has been sleeping on a mini futon on the floor right by our bed and DS1 sleeps in his own bed. 

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#19 of 22 Old 11-16-2010, 01:03 AM

We are cosleeping, and love it! Sunday thru Thursday nights baby sleeps on my side of the bed so I can nurse him and do diaper changes without waking the husband (his supervisor told him if he comes into work tired, he will be ordered to sleep in a separate bed from us, so he really has to get good sleep). On Friday and Saturday nights, though, hubby eagerly snuggles with Malachi all night long, passes him to me to nurse, and snatches him right back :) lol I love my husband!

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#20 of 22 Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 AM

We cosleep. Have done with both babes from day one. It seems the most natural, restful way to sleep. Ds just moved to his own room/bed about three months ago, of his own volition. He is 27 months. He used to come into bed with us between 4 and 6 am and would snuggle in and go back to sleep. Now dh is sleeping with him on a futon in his room. Ds no longer comes into our bed, which I miss, but i do think better sleep is had by all. Mostly I miss having dh in the bed with me. We have a queen, but a king would be so much nicer. I would like to have dd start to slowly spend the first part of the night in the side-carred crib, just so dh and I can sleep in the same bed some of the time, and Ds could resume his morning snuggle so we could all pile in together for an hour or two. That would suit me perfectly.
#21 of 22 Old 11-20-2010, 09:24 AM

We co-sleep also!! We've done it from baby #1. Actually, it was baby #1 that taught me to co-sleep. He would NOT sleep in those plastic bins the hospital had. And after hearing him cry all night, I finally had him snuggle with me in the hospital bed, and we've been cosleeping with all of our babies since. Each one transfers to the crib or their bed at different times. I love cosleeping!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#22 of 22 Old 11-20-2010, 12:14 PM

We are a cosleeping family!  We've got DD in a sidecar crib, DH and I in the queen-sized bed, and DS in a twin bed pushed up next to our bed on the opposite side from the crib.  Changing sheets is an ordeal (not really) but otherwise it is the perfect set up for us.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page