pp body chat... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i've got 10 lbs left to lose. i plateaued too a few weeks after birth but things picked back up again. been eating really well--lots of green smoothies and salads w/ homemade dressings, lean meats, etc. (i ditched bread and never have eaten sugar) it seems a shift has happened w/ baby getting bigger/older that now allows me more focus for myself. i can get my "fat" jeans on but they certainly don't look good yet. i'll be glad when i can get out of my skirts and lounge pants and dive into my wardrobe again. o, and i requested a gift card for the mall for xmas as i haven't been clothes shopping for myself in years, so that'll def add to the motivation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 PM

I gained 40lbs total and I'm down 15, it sounds so low when I hear what all you other mamas have lost. So 26 more for me to loose, I'm hoping for about 5lbs a month and I should be back to prebaby weight in about 5 months.  Then I'll just have my normal 25lbs to loose, haha.  Maybe if I really stick it out all year I'll be looking really good by this time next year!

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn View Post

And the "most random pp body thing" award for me goes to my armpits, which have stopped growing hair.  WTH?

Holy crap!  The same thing has happened to me!!  And the weird thing is it never happened with my other three!  I've only been shaving my armpits once every two weeks because there just isn't any growth, whereas before I had to shave them every other day!!

Old 12-23-2010, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
DDCC My leg hair stopped growing after having my son. No idea why. I used to have to shave everyday or look like Sasquatch and now I can go 6 months without shaving and you'd never notice-the hair is also blonde instead of brown now. Super weird!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 12-23-2010, 12:34 PM

I had diastasis after both my boys.  There's a specific workout dvd out there but i've never seen it ... my diastasis has corrected on its own with normal workouts.  and by normal i mean lots of walking, carrying baby(s), some yoga, some swimming.  I have a hard time getting to the gym w/o childcare for DS2 since he's too young for the gym daycare still.

I did yoga (beginner hatha) again a week and a half ago.  It felt soooo good.  I'm looking forward to going again after the classes resume in the new year.  And then DS2 will be old enough I'll be able to hit the middle of the week classes too!

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
Old 12-29-2010, 02:49 PM

This time, I had lost all of the pregnancy weight by 3 weeks. Crazy! Last time it took 9 months. But, even though I'm now the same weight, nothing fits right. My boobs are much bigger and so is my muffin top.eyesroll.gif

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

User Tag List