DH is adamant no more babies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And I was feeling the same way, but now I really don't feel like our family is complete! I'm sure there is another little one in our future. He's talking about getting a vasectomy, but that thought just makes me so sad :(

We really cant afford another babe, but I wouldnt want another straight away. More like 4-5 years away. Who knows where we'll be financially by then.

Anyone else feeling similar?

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-03-2011, 08:56 AM

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!  And I never thought I would.  I'm in the midst of the craziness of 2 month twins yet just "know" we'll have another.  We cannot afford it at all.   But I dont feel like iur family is complete at three kiddos.  Yet the idea that we could have a second set of twins scares me sooo much.   DH originally wanted a V.... now he's agreed that its permanent and he's not ready for that yet.  We dont even have enough room in our tiny house for three kids.... yet I really really want to get PG again (not til twins are 2 though)

#3 of 4 Old 01-03-2011, 01:37 PM

I could have written your post.  =\

It's so complex right now.  I really don't want to get pregnant again right away.  DS2's birth was pretty hard on me and DS1 is going through a really difficult time right now.  But we're not using any other than LAM.  We used FAM before TTC DS2, so I'm familiar with my normal fertility signs, but post-partum is hardly the same.  I don't feel like my fertility is returning but I'm wondering how much of that is an emotional response to knowing the only way I'm having a third is if we have an oops.  But I really DON'T want to get pregnant right away.  Before DS1 was born, DH said he was getting a vas in Nov.  Well, it's Jan and nothing is scheduled. 

I'm trying to accustom myself to our family of four (and no more). If we don't have any more kids that's all the sooner we'll stop paying through the nose for daycare.  We can start getting rid of baby stuff as DS2 outgrows it.  I don't have to really process DS2's birth anymore.  We don't have to worry about room for more kids in our small house.  I'm enjoying having my body just for me and not being so tired all the time.  Some days I'm pretty convinced I don't want any more kids, but I don't know that I'll be as convinced 3-4 years down the road.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#4 of 4 Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 AM

Well we only have just one and we know we want another.  This definitely isn't the same but we have always said that we would have only two but then last night I was thinking that I could possibly want three....

Melly, is your DH open to not getting a V right away to see how he will feel in a few years? 

I can imagine how conflicting feelings regarding this can be. hug2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page