Help me understand my DH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-18-2010, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like there is something my DH is not telling me. Is he hiding something, and does it have to do with his feelings for me or our future? Or is it something we will work through? Will he open up, or should I keep prying? I am exhausted and confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Hi Webjefita,
Your dh is hiding something, but it's not what you think it is. From what I can tell, it has nothing to do with you. It's a personal, private issue. Like some midlife crisis or something to that affect. You prying and pulling on him is not helping and is harming your relationship a little bit b/c he just wants to deal with this himself. Try to remember that just b/c someone is your partner in life, it doesn't mean that they have to tell you e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. They don't. They can have some of their own private thoughts and things they want to work out themselves. I feel that what is going on for him may even be a spiritual revelation thing and he's just not ready to share it yet. I encourage you to tell him that you love him, and that you although you feel there is something he is hiding, that you are choosing to trust that it is really just him needing some space and that whenever, IF ever he will let you in on it, if he needs/wants to. Tell him you are there for him and you love and trust him and you respect his need for privacy. I think he will come to you with what is going on, much quicker than the way you are dealing with it.

*Please remember that all questions are answered here on the forum only. I do not accept private pm's for more information on your question.*
If you would like to leave me feedback, you can do so here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/member.php?u=59076
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#3 of 3 Old 02-18-2010, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, thank you so much. That's not what I was expecting, but I really appreciate it and will take it into account.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page