trying to make things better - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Jamie-

I (we) have been struggling with how to turn things in a more positive direction and ease the challenges we face as a family without sacrificing our unity or my or my husband´s career fulfillment/satisfaction too severely.

Thank you, in advance, for your time, energy and insight.

Sarah

madre de Mathias http://www.primaryimmune.org http://www.michaeljfox.org
#2 of 3 Old 03-03-2010, 03:04 PM

Hi Sarah,
I'm sorry about the many challenges you are dealing with.
Right now on this Earth there is so much change happening. It's for the better, but for people that are feeling the pull strongly and are having their lives sometimes flipped upside down, it doesn't always feel for the better.
You are being called to fulfill dreams and live out passions.
One thing that is coming up for me right now is that I'm not feeling that you are loving where you currently live. I'm not sure if that's the actual region, or just the neighborhood or house. But location is important right now, so do what you need to be be somewhere that you want to be.
Also, I'm sensing there are some familail issues surrounding you all. It feels like some intrusion from your husbands family. Possibly a sticky in law situation. I feel that they mean well, but they are old fashioned and have a very specific way of doing things and it doesn't really flow with how you are doing things. I really encourage you and your husband to find strong boundries and keep them firm...but continue to be loving as you are.

I hope this is the confirmation you need to move in the direction that you need too. Thanks for your question.

*Please remember that all questions are answered here on the forum only. I do not accept private pm's for more information on your question.*
If you would like to leave me feedback, you can do so here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/member.php?u=59076
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#3 of 3 Old 03-03-2010, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Jamie-

Thank you very much for your response - it all rings true...

I am not sure if the responses appear as you, yourself, write them, but a minute or 2 before I received the message, I had this overwhelming urge to write to my brother and tell him that I appreciate everything he has done for me/us, that I love him very much and we would always be here for him, when I know it seems he is always the one who has to be there for eveyone else. There was a recent conflict ("sticky" is a good word) - and although my brother is more old-fashioned and difficult about things at times, we feel the conflicting energy is coming more from the in-law side (his wife). My husband and I have decided to stay firm on our decision to remove ourselves from the situation, but my overall feeling was that I needed to communicate "love" to my brother, not animosity.

We moved abroad about 4 3/4 years ago and it has been tough - for me - for us - for various reasons. We constantly struggle with whether to stay or to go - and it is not a simple desicion. We are doing what we can to keep it together, be patient and move forward wisely.

Thank you, again, and I wish you a wonderful day :-)

madre de Mathias http://www.primaryimmune.org http://www.michaeljfox.org

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page