Clarity on marriage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear Jamie,

I've been very seriously questioning whether I should stay with my DH and try to work things out. It is admittedly a very difficult time-- DH has been under-employed and I'm working way too many hours and just very unhappy with the quality of our life here. I fear that I'm staying in my marriage only for the sake of our daughter and that this just isn't especially good for any of us---especially me. Do you have a sense that it's possible for us to work through our difficulties? Thank you for any thoughts or intuitions that you may have on this.
#2 of 2 Old 03-05-2010, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really think you and your dh can pull through this. The impression I'm getting is that neither of you were truly your self when you got married. Meaning, fully your own person, knowing who you were and what you wanted out of life. Not totally knowing your own beliefs and values. It feels like you were young when you got married, or you were still just immature. Either way, you have figured things out about yourselves along the way and had a baby as well and had to really become adults...jobs, bills etc. at the same time. And those stresses as well as coming into your selves has put a damper on the love part of your relationship. But deep down I sense a true love that each of you has for the other. But on top of it is piled a bunch of crap that's making it hard to feel it.
I want you to dig down deep for it. And he needs to too. Try to remember why you fell in love with him in the first place, and he needs to do the same about you. Try to find that spark that got you going, that can get you through this. I don't sense that you want to quit, but I can also tell that you are tired. And also realize that no matter how he has changed or you have changed or really blossomed rather, you can choose to love those things about each other if you want. Or you can choose to not like them, and have them drive a wedge in the relationship.
One last thing. I do sense that you feel your husband is being lazy. Like he is okay with status quo. He definitely needs to change this attitude for things to work. Good luck!

*Please remember that all questions are answered here on the forum only. I do not accept private pm's for more information on your question.*
If you would like to leave me feedback, you can do so here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/member.php?u=59076
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page