our future - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-29-2010, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Jamie,
I'm back for question 2! (Hope you are feeling better, too, btw.)

I recently asked my husband for a divorce after debating about it for quite a while. I would just like any insight about our situation you can provide.

I'm mainly worried about whether my child will be okay, if this was the right decision, finances, and if I'll ever be happy again. I know that's a lot, so just whatever you can tell me/prepare me for would be wonderful.

Thanks so much.

Mama to DS (5)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am better. Just really tired still. Thank you for asking!

I have to tell you that I actually seeing this as being a fairly amicable situation, even though your dh was taken off guard by you asking for a divorce. I feel like he was in denial or something and so he was pretty shocked when you asked him. Or suprised at least. But I feel like in his heart, he knows this is the right thing. I don't feel a lot of tug of war b/n anything. Including custody. I do want you to be aware that I feel like custody will be pretty evenly split. So there will be ample time you are not with your child. But your lil one will be just fine. I see no problems there whatsoever. Particularly b/c of the amicableness of the situation.

There will be work for you. It feels like retail. You will make it work with your custody schedule.

And as far as happiness...well that is always your own to make. So it can certainly be your reality, if that is what you choose.

Put love around the whole situation. Ask that it be healed from a place that works for the highest good of all people. That is what I always say. And that is b/c that is coming from a true place of love.
Good luck with everything!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page