How can I get my son to talk?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi.. Well I have a 6 year old son with autism. He is still nonverbal. We have been doing many different treatments to try to help him and have seen some improvements, but he still has no speech.. Can you tell me what treatment/supplement/medication I need to focus on doing in order to really help his speech so he can communicate with us? If you can give me specifics about the treatment, that would help even more. Thanks!

Jennifer
#2 of 2 Old 04-13-2010, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was thinking about your son today and I finally saw something. I saw that there are letters and words in your sons brain. But the pathways to get them to out of his mouth with speech are not strong enough. I'm seeing him with a woman therapist. I get the impression of a speech therapist. I see a lot of work using all different forms such as auditory work, tactile work. I'm seeing flash cards being used, a lot. I see a specific one of a tree. It has the picture on it and the word. I also see one with a frog. I don't know why these ones are so specific, but they are being shown to me clearly.
This woman is very nice. I feel she can help your son alot. I am getting the number 7. I believe it's an age. I think that is when he will really be able to start to communicate much more clearly. So I do think he needs more time.
If you have a therapist like the one I'm describing. (She's blonde btw), then you are on the right path. If not, then look for who I am describing. she is very kind. Her demeanor is super sweet and kind. She connects well with your son. It will be like she really understands him.

I hope this helps you. I was really struggling with your question b/c I really wanted desperately to give you something concrete to work with. I'm so glad it finally came to me.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page