This house, Uhg! Need direction... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-03-2010, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is a houseing ? that just has us stumped into inaction. This crazy old house we live in, none of us can really discern if we will/should (health wise) completely re-do and make into our forever & ever & ever home And on top of that, the house we moved out of certainly isn't 'disapearing' for us having ignored it/failed to do anything with it. I guess we are just all around stagnent!

So of our options....which do you see us doing, that will benefit this family long term?

option 1: Continue to live in this house & muddle through fixing it over time. Sell or re-rent out other house.

option 2: Live partially out of other house while we get this one to a better/healthier point...and make it something nice over time.

option 3: Plan on building a completely new house in the long run. So put no real effort in fixing this up.

convoluted other options: Build a log cabin in the woods to half live out of while fixing or tearing down this house/building new one......put a yurt or trailer in the back yard to do the same! (things are so crazy, this feels like just 'running away' from the mess we've made in here - but that we would at least breath better, literally! And feel healthier -at least til the bugs start eating us alive!)

last, 'let's dream' option: Buy the place next door - after hopefully jetisoning other house in neighborhood - and partially live out of it (just a cute little blue house) while fixing this house or tearing it down/building new.

So does this poor house get blood, sweat & tears...or the wrecking ball!!
Thanks for your help in anything you see...I'm sure whatever it is...its lots of craziness....I just don't think I can get away from that! One day....when we're old...we can 'peacefully' live on the land...maybe....at least DH & I can hope.....?!? LOL! Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM

That was a lot of options. You are very lucky to have so many all surrounding one situation. But at the same time, it is like you have too many and that is what is creating the stagnant energy. Too many choices can lead to inaction.
Right off the bat, I have to tell you that I am not loving any of the 'live half out of' options. Period. I dont particularly know why. It just does not feel good to me at all. It feels like too much craziness. I get the sense that this happens a lot with you and your hubby. You start something and end up going all different directions with it. I do see things sometimes get finished and accomplished and can turn out quite nicely. I also think y'all like the crazy energy somewhat. But when it comes down to something important like this I do believe it's hindering you and creating an energy that is not beneficial. Like what has been created in the house you are in.
What I see that is impt. for you to know: The house you are in is unhealthy. If you can't fix it quickly than don't stay in it.
I actually see the other house as an option to FULLY move back into. Not just partially. I'm not seeing a wrecking ball to the one you are in, but I don't think you should/can stay there if you aren't going to take care of it quickly.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#3 of 3 Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

That's good to know - Thanks! Gotta get to work...everywhere!
(Its just been hard to get to work aggressively on this place with the nagging voice of DH saying 'We'll just knock this place to the ground'!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page