Very low milk supply - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-15-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What can I do emotionally, spiritually, and physically (aside from taking fenugreek, pumping, etc.) to increase my milk supply so that I can fully feed my six week old newborn without having to use formula?
#2 of 2 Old 06-18-2010, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there.
I'm really sorry to hear about your breastfeeding issues. My heart goes to anyone dealing with that. I myself delt with that with my first and it was heart wrenching, to say the least.

You asked if I had any body/mind spirit suggestions and I want to tell you this.
I was doing some energy work yesterday and you and your question popped into my mind very unexpectedly. I was actually focused on someone else entirely, but I can't always help when things come to mind.
Anyhow, the answer that I heard was very much a mental and emotional thing. I saw very clearly that you had set this relationship (the breastfeeding one) in fear. I get the feeling it started when you were pregnant. As in you may have though things like: "I know I'll be that person that can't make it work." "I'm bound to be woman with low milk supply" etc etc. And now these very feelings are coming to fruition. So my suggestion to you is to release that fear. Your body is a perfect instrument to nourish and sustain your child. Begin (quickly) to affirm, that you can make it through this and thrive completely on the other side, which is to solely support your childs life on your breastmilk. Only speak with people that can and will affirm this for you as well. Do not mention this to people who will bring you down and tell you to just get over and Formula feed. Act quickly to build yourself up and get all the necessary help from Breastfeeding doctors, support groups, herbs etc. (which sounds like you are aware of and doing).
I saw and heard the fear so clearly I knew that was the answer.
Believe in yourself. You are going to be a great Mom and somehow i don't get the impression intuitively that you totally feel that towards yourself and I feel that you are beginning to live out a self fulfilling prophecy.
I wish you and your baby the best!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page